Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
PhNx Survivor

Where’s the Wicker Man Monopoly?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Justin

I didn't go for that. Never say never though. I think one of my next purchases will be the Runes bear as that looked cool, along with any other new ride wood products.
Nutty Man

How many different types of the wood are they selling, or have you just bought multiple of the same one?
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Justin

I have a double of SW8 block and the coasters, but the ride wood available from the Wicker Man Shop includes the following...
  • Ride Wood Frame + Print (3 Print Designs)
  • Ride Wood Blocks (SW8 2017 [Sold Out] / Wicker Man 2018)
  • Ride Wood Coasters (Various Designs - Logo / Feed The Flames / Be Chosen / Wicker Man (Big Bob)
  • Wicker Man Photo Box (Limited Edition to 250)
Obviously, all these items will be limited as they are being manufactured from excess materials and offcuts.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some stats about the special effects systems provided by Back Stage Technologies:

BST provide six giant propane burners which required five dedicated propane tanks storing 10,000kg of propane. In addition, 12 metres of simulated flame was installed in the loading area together with fragrances of burning wood - delivered by BST's latest fragrance system, the CFS-5. In addition to these effects a large number of smoke machines, combined with 100's of LED lights, were used to fill the tunnels and simulate the experience of travelling through burning wicker structures. The six-story effigy was filled with over 200 fog nozzles which use the Koolfog high-pressure water system to simulate smoke within the Wicker Man himself.
Nutty Man

All these 'what did they think of it' videos that AT are posting on their YouTube channel just make me laugh at how hard the GP are trying to sound like they know what they’re talking about! :lol

[youtube]-2s1MA_RLtg[/youtube]
Capt.Barnacles

That moment when one of the people in the video you linked is an enthusiast...
Justin

The first chap also featured in the Sub Species reaction video from 2015. Also featuring Dan and I exiting ;)
Nutty Man

There are probably enthusiasts in it but that kid...
Jcoaster

Nutty Man wrote:There are probably enthusiasts in it but that kid...
The kid is there to reinforce the message that this is suitable for younger guests as well as adults and teenagers, I think it's good that it' not just enthusiasts because, let's remember, Towers have to aim their marketing at everyone not just enthusiasts.
PhNx Survivor

I agree the ride is suitable for younger guests.. but to a certain point, we had 2 kids behind us in the queue who were just the right height for the ride, but the pre-show scared the living hell out of them, so left the ride in a bit of a state..

It is quite a dark theme.. I mean.. sacrificing yourself :lol

Should have a recommended age for the ride aswell as the height. (recommended being a guide and not a mandatory rule, hence the parents responsibility)
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
ChessingtonSam

How loud is it on Wicker Man? I have Aspergers and struggle with loud noises, it was too loud in the ride area and I pretty much cant ride thirteen because of the air cannons so what would it be like for me in the maintenance shed etc. (I wont be going in the pre show no matter what.
Owen

Wicker Man is loud when it comes near you, and the maintenance shed has got some loud audio. The station also has some loudish dispatch audio. Unfortunately as a ride it is very loud because of the amount of music they use, even whilst the coaster itself isn’t awfully loud!
Robert.W

Not completely sure on this, but the resort allow people to hire out ear defenders if the loud noise of the park feels a bit too much, and although I'm really not sure wether you would be able to wear these on Wicker Man, it might be worth asking a staff member to check, if you think it's something that could potentially help. :)

ChessingtonSam

Thanks guys. Is it like the air cannons on Thirteen or is it just speaker based?
jackf1tz

Nothing like th13teen's air cannons, it's just good old fashioned speakers.
ChessingtonSam

Thanks guys, might go on it now!

EDIT Nevermind its shut again
MakoMania

Another difficult day, has spent far more time closed than open.

This is so strange, other new GCIs have nowhere near this amount of downtime.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Robert.W

If anyone is interested (or just has nothing better to do), there is a new game about Fiery Woodsmoked BBQ Crisps. :savour 

My highescore: 56900

ChessingtonSam

Yeah today was pretty bad. It was closed most of the day and when it was open, the real fire wasnt on.