Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheBeornen

lewis97 wrote:
Loakin wrote:I do like the bunting in the foreground of the shot.
Had a quick check to see what characters the two runes represent - it's W and M :P
Wicker Man, that's a cool little easter egg that'll probably just go unnoticed as some weird symbols my a majority of the GP though unless they heavily use the symbols in merchandise.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
thekitkatshuffler

Francis Jackson, Operations Director at Alton Towers Resort, commented: “Wicker Man is Alton Towers’ most ambitious project to date and we’re really excited to finally reveal our newest thrill attraction to the world. We’ve spent four years creating an experience that is truly spectacular by investing in the latest technologies which combine wood, fire and special effects to give riders the genuine feeling that they will be racing though flames. We can’t wait for everyone to experience Wicker Man when the park opens this Spring.”

There must be more to come than those shoulder flames if he's to be believed.
Bert

Spoiler
Here's Wicker Man's zero car.

Source Unknown.
[Insert Signature Here]
jackf1tz

That's even better than Th13teen's zero car, this really is going to be the best themed coaster in the UK!
JC13

Wow! Was this leaked or did AT release it? These look great!
Robert.W

Not sure of the source, the person who posted it on another forum didn't give one... it looks as if it's been leaked though. :)

T0mPr1ce

Well done GCI, I love those trains. I hope one of the other trains has the Wickerman head as opposed to the rams head on this train.

Is the scaffolding mounted onto the car in that image for filming purposes? i.e. Will cameras be fixed to the scaffolding?
Dom

I believe it’s been leaked. It’s possible that they are filming the advert and someone leaked it from that. All I can say is I like and can’t wait now for opening
Robert.W

T0mPr1ce wrote:Is the scaffolding mounted onto the car in that image for filming purposes? i.e. Will cameras be fixed to the scaffolding?
According to members of other forums, Towers have been filming the advents over the past few days, and that the metal bars are indeed for mounting the cameras on. :)

TheBeornen

Yeah with the bus and food truck set up in MB I think this has been the time for all the adverts to get shot.

Be Chosen...
Nickolai

I love the look of the train. A thing to notice is that the train beside it shows the lack of seatbelts.
Formally Smiler313
Justin

It is disappointing to see an image of the trains leaked, however, it does look they have been tied into the theme well with lots of detail. It will be nice when the side profile is released, to see if the detail continues all the way around :)
RubyGaga

The car looks great! Anybody have any idea why the wicker mans 'face' looks different on the front of the cars (and in the promo artwork) compared to the actual element itself? 
PhNx Survivor

They have been quite weird with the Wicker Man's face(s)..

Just a note, this will be the maintenance shed yes.. what's the black board in the back for where on the other side is normal track to the station?
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Phild94

Justin wrote:It is disappointing to see an image of the trains leaked, however, it does look they have been tied into the theme well with lots of detail. It will be nice when the side profile is released, to see if the detail continues all the way around :)
If you look to the right of the image that has been leaked you can see a second train.

The side of this seems to continue with the wicker theme

EDIT: Image added for reference
Spoiler
2nd EDIT: If this is the maintenance shed it doesn’t seem to have any theming at all which is seriously disappointing, unless of course the black screen is covering up something substantial
TheBeornen

The shed ceiling looks kind of unfinished so I wouldn't be surprised if there was something behind, or planned to be behind those black curtains.

Be Chosen...
Capt.Barnacles

On modern GCIs there are storage tracks for all bar one train, as well as the track for the train to pass through the building during regular operation. The two storage tracks are separated from the circuit track by either a wall or screen, which is what that black cloth will be.
Dan

I personally love the trains, the level of detail and theming looks excellent and, in my opinion, they’re the best themed trains on the park right now.
Bert

Dan wrote:I personally love the trains, the level of detail and theming looks excellent and, in my opinion, they’re the best themed trains on the park right now.
Well you obviously forgot about the Octonauts train then... 
[Insert Signature Here]
Dan

Bert2theSpark wrote: Well you obviously forgot about the Octonauts train then... 
Let me rephrase that: the best themed original trains on park ;)

The CBeebies stuff is obviously high quality, because it has to be.