Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Loakin

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but what is everyone hoping for with the staff uniform? Like Smiler, Galactica, and Cbeebies Land.
TheBeornen

Hopefully it's themed to the ride but I don't now what they could do for it.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
T0mPr1ce

They could go all out with the ride staff outfits and have them dressed like the Beornen or just medieval villager costumes. If not, something a bit simpler like the Flight of the Hipogriff ride staff outfits could work, if anyone is familiar with those. I really hope it isn't just black trousers and a black fleece with the logo on, it would ruin the theatre of the ride.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

T0mPr1ce wrote:I really hope it isn't just black trousers and a black fleece with the logo on, it would ruin the theatre of the ride.
I don't think there's much need to worry about that. The Smiler, DBGT, and even The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure all have themed uniforms, so I don't see why Wicker Man would be any different, especially with the level of theming that's evident so far.
Bert

All of Towers new additions since 2012 have had themed uniforms for each attraction, So I don't see why they won't have a themed uniform for what if supposedly their most elaborately themed attraction in a long time at the park.
[Insert Signature Here]
Owen

I wonder... :-k

Might be a bit chilly though! :lol
Capt.Barnacles

As far as uniforms are concerned, it's kinda geeky and something that people who've worked there in recent years will understand, but I wonder if the uniform will require them to wear the ID lanyard or not. Because whilst most rides uniforms do, The Smiler's, and I believe Nemesis Sub-Terra's uniforms both don't have the staff wearing the lanyard. I'm interested if Wicker Man may be the same.
Nickolai

How come some of the costumed uniforms don't require ID lanyards?
Formally Smiler313
Ladyofthelake

Smiler313 wrote:How come some of the costumed uniforms don't require ID lanyards?
It'll be to do with the overall look of the costume. For example, when I worked at Warwick Castle I was required to wear mediaeval costume, therefore a modern day lanyard and ID card would have looked rather out of place. However, even though the ID is not on show, staff will still be required to have it on their person somewhere (usually in a pocket, or a bag which fits with the costume).
Capt.Barnacles

Where The Smiler's concerned it's partially a safety issue. Regarding the harnesses required to be worn by some of the ride positions. If memory serves right, I believe hosts also remove their lanyards for Oblivion's harnessed positions. But yes, Katie's also right in that it is also very much to do with the visual aspect that it looks out of place on some themed uniforms.
Dan

I’m expecting the ride team uniform to tie-in closely with the clothes worn in The Welcoming and also what we have seen worn by the people involved in the teaser videos released by the park.
phildenholm

So no idea if this has been mentioned yet but i dont fancy reading through 280+ pages of posts to find the info hence asking :)

Anyone any idea if Wickerman will open at the start of the season?? i am booking my last days holiday to go to the park which is a 6 hour round trip i dont want to miss it by a few days etc lol

Cheers
lewis97
Admin
Admin

phildenholm wrote:Anyone any idea if Wickerman will open at the start of the season?? i am booking my last days holiday to go to the park which is a 6 hour round trip i dont want to miss it by a few days etc lol
I think it's Towers' intention to have it open from the start of the season, and, from what we've seen, it looks on track to be. Obviously an opening date is yet to be confirmed though, although I expect we may get confirmation in the next few weeks.
TheBeornen

I think as long as nothing unexpected happens during testing, it should open with the park. It was rumoured to have started testing round a bout christmas but we never had proof of it till january IIRC.

Be Chosen...
Nutty Man

I just watched a video which 'supposedly' showed a POV of the wickerman. Obviously I clicked on it. It did show about 17 seconds of a lift hill and some POV but then it t cut to a caterpillar coaster. If anyone has seen this video, do you know if the first bit was actually of the wickerman? I highly doubt it, probably because there is a random picture of quiche at the end.
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Jack

The first bit was taken from a news report with a drone flying up the Wicker Man lift, the video is a good joke though :)
TheBeornen

Yeah an ITV interview had some footage of a drone going up the lift hill from a while ago.

Be Chosen...
chrisgeorgiou46

I saw that caterpillar video. Good lord I usually hate these things but I burst out laughing. I'm laughing now just thinking about it.
Dan

Can we get back onto discussing Wicker Man itself rather than a troll video?

simononestop

Dan wrote:Can we get back onto discussing Wicker Man itself rather than a troll video?

We need some thing! come on Alton give us something! not much going on