Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
T0mPr1ce

Lovely stuff, getting quite excited now. Roll on Monday!

Love the Towers music in that tease as well!
TheBeornen

This trailer has really got me excited for the big reveal on Monday, hopefully they do a countdown so we know what time the reveal will come at.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
The Nemesis Fox

Just noticed from the video, the date reads backwards
T0mPr1ce

^Very clever Sir, good spot
PhNx Survivor

Unearthed? These rune message things are really confusing the hell out of me :lol can't wait for the 8th!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Loakin

The Nemesis Fox wrote:Just noticed from the video, the date reads backwards
I didn't notice any dates that read backwards? Could you provide a screenshot?
PhNx Survivor

He means by the date.. 8.1.18

Keep listening to the trailer.. I really hope the background music is an indication to what the soundtrack of the ride will be like.. it sounds so sinister! I love it!
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
dazza4783

Loakin wrote:
It doesn't read backwards, it just reads the same forwards as it does backwards, 8118. But it is spaced to only read forward 8-1-18 (8th January 2018)
Dungeon-X-Smile

I love the music used in the trailer. I hope they go further with it and use it!
Loakin

dazza4783 wrote:
Loakin wrote:
It doesn't read backwards, it just reads the same forwards as it does backwards, 8118. But it is spaced to only read forward 8-1-18 (8th January 2018)
Ahh, thanks. It seems purely coincidence though. 
Justin

Out of all the teasers, that could be a TV ad, easily!
MakoMania

Justin wrote:Out of all the teasers, that could be a TV ad, easily!
Except it doesn't tell you anything about the ride :P
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
S.J_O'Grady

I'm hoping the tv ad will be in the same style as the last few (Smiler and Galactica) looking over an animated Towers Street at the ruins with some of that lovely tribal Mountain King playing!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Stan.H

MakoMania wrote:
Justin wrote:Out of all the teasers, that could be a TV ad, easily!
Except it doesn't tell you anything about the ride :P
I'd say it would definitely work well on prime time TV before the 8th as a big tease for the main announcement. 
Justin

I must agree. It is certainly a quality teaser which is obviously creating interest! :)
DeadJack5

Aidan Lowe wrote:
Ladyofthelake wrote:Thinking along the lines of something happening in that enclosed section - we know from the plans that there is expected to be some form of preshow. What if this pre-show is the start of the ritual The Beornen make you a part of. Riding the coaster is the main section of the ritual, then the enclosed section at the end is the culmination of the process?
Here is something I posted a while ago:

I googled "3 stages of a ritual" and this page come up. 
Here are the 3 stages as described briefly:

Separation Stage
The purpose of the separation stage is to acknowledge the problems and difficulties that make change necessary and to recognize the need for a person to separate from their former roles or identities that are interfering with peace. During this stage, there is a request to reframe unwanted change into an intention to change.

Transition Stage
This stage is often the turning point for acceptance or rejection of the change that is being offered. Participants are asked to leave behind the familiar and anticipate a new beginning without knowing what a new beginning will require. Old identities are let go while new identities are not yet secured. The transition stage of ceremonies usually focus on educating the participants on ways to navigate the desired change.

Integration Stage
The final stage of a therapeutic ritual is the integration or incorporation stage. This stage seeks to instill hope for a future that promises growth. Thus, the ceremony is closed with a sense of renewal and confidence that change can be navigated and that peace will prevail. A symbol is often given that participants can take home with them. They are encouraged to let the symbol act as an inspiration to continue with the change.
After reading that, i could see the ride following this transformation. All these teasers. along with The Welcoming, lead us with this ride being the ritual itself. 
The Welcoming could be that backstory of following and meeting the village folk. This meeting of the people before "joining them" and performing this ritual which would be riding SW8. I've got to say that I'm extremely excited now for the reveal.  
Kraken

Brilliant teaser video - well done Alton / their marketing agency.  I can't see the TV advert being too sinister or vague as to what SW8 is though.  

Alton Towers will want to make SW8 appeal to as wide a range of people as possible.  Most people agree it's not going to be an intense ride, but more than likely a very good fun ride & from what we have seen, possibly returning to a standard of theming not seen at Alton Towers since Nemesis.  Quite simply, SW8 needs to be a huge hit to help with the onward recovery of visitor numbers at Alton Towers - the marketing team / agency cannot afford to fluff this one up (like Thirteen) and advertise "every coaster you've ever wanted" and deliver a family ride.  

Of course, there will also be competition from ICON at BPB too, although BOB are not being specific about the opening date, so Alton Towers need to get in there and steal their thunder with SW8.  
TheBeornen

S.J_O'Grady wrote:I'm hoping the tv ad will be in the same style as the last few (Smiler and Galactica) looking over an animated Towers Street at the ruins with some of that lovely tribal Mountain King playing!
That would be a great way to make sure the adds are recognisable to the AT brand and draw them in and then start all the kooky culting stuff and show parts of the ride.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Justin

Kraken wrote:Of course, there will also be competition from ICON at BPB too, although BOB are not being specific about the opening date, so Alton Towers need to get in there and steal their thunder with SW8.  
I don't think we will hear anything more about ICON until Alton shows their cards next week.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Another new SW8 teaser video has been posted on Alton Towers' Facebook, with it appearing they are going to be counting down the days to the announcement by taking a look at the previous Secret Weapons.