Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JC13

lewis97 wrote:Looks like the full announcement will be on Monday 8th January, based on these blocks of wood sent to press...

This makes me even more excited for the ride. This has been one of the first two roller coasters i have watched be built, and the only one I have seen with my own eyes (The other is Steel Venegance). I have been 9 times to Alton Towers this year and every time I could notice a difference, especially during scarefest. I am hoping nothing gets leaked, as anything could ruin the announcement now. I cannot wait for this to be announced, and I wonder how they will present the announcement...
MakoMania

JC13 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:Looks like the full announcement will be on Monday 8th January, based on these blocks of wood sent to press...

This makes me even more excited for the ride. This has been one of the first two roller coasters i have watched be built, and the only one I have seen with my own eyes (The other is Steel Venegance). I have been 9 times to Alton Towers this year and every time I could notice a difference, especially during scarefest. I am hoping nothing gets leaked, as anything could ruin the announcement now. I cannot wait for this to be announced, and I wonder how they will present the announcement...
I wouldn't hold your breath, this project has been full of leaks! If the main leak is true, it would be completely unprecedented for us to know the ride's name 14 months before the official announcement :P
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
theparklifekid

Even though I'm fairly confident about what we already think we know, this could also be a complete plot twist.
So I'm very excited!
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
stevebrown

After seeing the fake fire in The Welcoming maze, I hope we see something like this at 2:56 in the preshow or on the main theming structure (obviously without the launch)
Justin

That is so cool! How good would that be if they could include a similar effect!?!
TheBeornen

They could spray it as you went through the large Wickerman structure. Which would be so cool.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Justin

Yes, or if the sound tunnels were themed then it could be added there! Just imagine it coming through the track!
TheBeornen

It could block your vision as you're about to go down the first drop, catching people off guard.
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Nickolai

If them ideas aren't able to happen they could do something similar in the maintenance room. That effect looks really good and would make a lot of people astounded. 
Formally Smiler313
PhNx Survivor

I really hope some of these ideas people have put on this forum do happen, because it builds an image of how the ride could be.. and it sounds awesome! [-o<
“A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one”
Nutty Man

Do people think that AT will reveal everything at midnight on the 8.1.18 or do you think they might reveal at some other 'relevant' time?
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Aidan Lowe

It'll be at a set time. They'll be inviting press for the unveiling and they'll, in turn, post their articles for it as the full details and website are shared online.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Dungeon-X-Smile

I wonder if they’ll reveal it at 8am, 8pm or 6pm....
Also do you think they chose the date because if you write it like an American it’s 1.8.18?
Owen

I’d be expecting 9AM. This is their usual time and it would allow for the news to have most the day to spread but also be release late enough to grab attention and not be lost amougst the rest of the early news and more importantly the rest of people’s social media feeds!
Nutty Man

Good because I'll be able to see it then! :lol
Complete credit goes to the bubbleboi
Riley_B

Have we assumed that the ‘Super 6’ tag line will be gone next year? I was thinking that they may start the ‘Super 7’ or get rid of it entirely!
8byfire

My new avatar is a clue to where my thinking's going as I was chosen at Scarefest, I interrupt this post for a new video...

[youtube]lzgy-3ggg7M[/youtube]

Welcoming the wicker man, awaken
Beornen, burning, be chosen
Justin

You beat me to it, but I'm loving the tone of these videos. I feel it adds tension in the lead up to the big reveal!
JC13

8byfire wrote:My new avatar is a clue to where my thinking's going as I was chosen at Scarefest, I interrupt this post for a new video...

What do you mean by you were chosen? Chosen on halloween?
Owen

JC13 wrote:
8byfire wrote:My new avatar is a clue to where my thinking's going as I was chosen at Scarefest, I interrupt this post for a new video...

What do you mean by you were chosen? Chosen on halloween?
They got some brown paint wiped on their cheek. Around one person in each group would get this in the first scene of The Welcoming.