Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom170499

theparklifekid wrote:I saw it, but I won't say anything. Lets just say if true, it confirms something big.

Also I do like what Aidan said about the 3 stages. I'd love it if the coaster ran on a 3 train service and each train had one of those themes attached.
Could you say something on private message?   :lol
RobJackson85

I had a post asking something similar, and someone has removed it. Whatever it was then, must be right or at least very, very close.
ewoodier82

Just saw something on Facebook about London commuters being trapped in a wicker cage as part of a promotion for SW8, seems somewhat similar to the smiler's marketing campaign.
Phild94

Have they given any indication when it might be possible to reshare this post?
ThemeCrafter264

This post would have been something specifically designed for the designers themselves, not enthusiasts.
Ladyofthelake

Evening :)

Can I just ask that we respect the request we've had to remove the content which was posted earlier and not ask for it to be shared by PM. Whilst we appreciate many of you will be curious about it, we would not have removed the content without good reason. Of course, if we are able to reinstate it we will do so, but we can't say if or when this will be.
Adz
Admin
Admin

An update for you.

The information has now been removed from the website it was hosted on. As such we will not be restoring the original post (as it's a bit pointless anyway).

Please be mindful when sharing or discussing anything contained within that information as it was clearly not intended for release. 

Thank you for your understanding. 
Vestra

I downloaded it and have a copy. And no I won't distribute it, don't ask me to.

It wasn't that amazing or revolutionary, it didn't reveal anything about the ride, or anything that isn't common knowledge. But it was a nice discussion point. Any people who didn't get to see it; you're not missing out on much/any big secret. It was just something accidentally released by an agency that should have followed it's NDA better.
simononestop

yeah right  :-({|=

I just don't believe you lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A video of yesterday's PR stunt in London has now been released, not that there's really anything too significant in it.
Adam.W

lewis97 wrote:A video of yesterday's PR stunt in London has now been released, not that there's really anything too significant in it.
So they got some people to walk into a thing and started waving their hands in their faces?  :-s
Nickolai

I could imagine the music in the background is part of what will be ride soundtrack. It has a fairly pagan theme with a fair bit of bass. (this says IMAscore to me as they include a lot of bass in their soundtrack) If it is part of the soundtrack then I would be happy. :)
Formally Smiler313
S.J_O'Grady

I much prefer the music around The Welcoming to that! It's a bit depressing and forgettable, although if it is going to be the ride's soundtrack I'm sure there'll be more to it
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Nickolai

Yeah that would likely be one of the less important segments of the music in my opinion.
Formally Smiler313
Adam.W

S.J_O'Grady wrote:I much prefer the music around The Welcoming to that! It's a bit depressing and forgettable, although if it is going to be the ride's soundtrack I'm sure there'll be more to it
Whilst I agree here, does the soundtrack really have to have a sort of tune or "memorability" to it? Personally I believe that as long as it fits the theme well and creates a good atmosphere, the music has done it's job. In certain cases (ie. The Smiler), this obviously doesn't apply. 
The soundtrack is highly likely to be part of the final soundtrack for the ride imo, but that's way too short of a segment for me to take a guess as to if it's IMAscore or not - it could easily be someone else.
abigsmurf

Adam.W wrote:
lewis97 wrote:A video of yesterday's PR stunt in London has now been released, not that there's really anything too significant in it.
So they got some people to walk into a thing and started waving their hands in their faces?  :-s
A bit weird they don't really seem to be following the film all that much.
But then it would probably be much weirder if they did a PR stunt involving attractive naked women banging on your hotel door whilst singing haunting folk songs.
dazza4783

abigsmurf wrote:
Adam.W wrote:
A bit weird they don't really seem to be following the film all that much.
But then it would probably be much weirder if they did a PR stunt involving attractive naked women banging on your hotel door whilst singing haunting folk songs.
Why is it weird that that they are not following a film. This has nothing to do with any film. Just because the ride is called Wicker Man doesn't mean it follows the same story as a film that was also called The Wicker Man.
Adam W

So this just got posted:

[youtube]1CyouN5REFo[/youtube]

Get translating I guess?  :lol
Last edited by Adam W on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewoodier82

New video just been posted on the Alton Towers YouTube, loads of runes on there, looks like we need a translator.
EDIT:
A website has been decoded
https://www.thewelcoming.co.uk
EDIT 2:
The symbol used for K here is different to the previous symbol
Last edited by ewoodier82 on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liam.W

We need the rune translator from the Welcoming behind the scenes :lol One thing is that she says "globally unique" which is different to "world class" used before. Hmm.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!