Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
theparklifekid

I have just emailed Mr Wardley asking him if he is involved in anything to do with SW8, will let you guys know if anything turns up :)
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
theparklifekid

So i sent an email to mr John Wardley asking him about SW8...

He then replied with...

So to some it up he isn't sure what they are doing, and if asked would love to help.
bensaund

It is good to get an honest answer from him too.
swalesuk01

I wouldn't read to much into that, I am sure I read on another the very same reply when I asked.
It was the use of the phrase thwarted my plans which stuck in my mind. So maybe he is just having fun with us.
cookiee_munster

theparklifekid wrote:So i sent an email to mr John Wardley asking him about SW8...

He then replied with...

So to some it up he isn't sure what they are doing, and if asked would love to help.
i can't see the image... :?
theparklifekid

cookiee_munster wrote:
i can't see the image... :?
I said the following:
Hey there John!
Sorry to be a bit nosey but I was wondering if you are involved in anything to do with SW8? Seeing how plans suggest that it is a woodie.
Thanks!
Jamie

John said:

Jamie

I have no involvement with the current Alton Towers project, so I can neither confirm nor deny whether the ride you mention is a woodie. If, as you say, the plans for the new ride are a woodie, then it looks as if my long-held ambition to be involved in creating a woodie at Alton Towers have been thwarted! If Alton Towers want any assistance from me, then I'd be more than happy to be involved, but otherwise I'm sure the project is in very capable hands

John Wardley
SkuM001

Exact same stock email answer John Wardley replied with when a TowersStreet member emailed him a couple of weeks back with the same question. Kind of funny he gets so often pestered by enthusiasts he has a stock answer ready for this type of thing!
118hazaman

I have a feeling, being the god that he is, he would have been told about SW8 well before we knew about it. As SkuM001 said, it's a stock email that he uses to reply to people. He can't state he knows about the attraction as it will only cause more questioning.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Staffordshire Moorlands District Council have confirmed that the SW8 proposals do not require an Envirnomental Impact Assessment. Now begins the anxious wait for the submission of the full planning application...
xylyx

Ooooooooooh, that's good news.....*anxiously waits and holds breath*
JSMarsden

Also heard that people have converted the PDF which reveals wooden structures (so everything is pointing towards wood!) (Unsure if also been mentioned somewhere in this thread but there's many pages!)

Only issues with a proper wood is that they're loud, and I know Alton has a lot of restrictions, which I guess it'll mean its more of a family wood with an alton special 'worlds first' , as opposed to anything thrilling etc
Tom

JSMarsden wrote:Only issues with a proper wood is that they're loud, and I know Alton has a lot of restrictions, which I guess it'll mean its more of a family wood with an alton special 'worlds first' , as opposed to anything thrilling etc
The existing planning information references the use of tunnels to control noise. Presumably something similar to those that feature on Balder at Liseberg.

JSMarsden

Tom-TT wrote:
JSMarsden wrote:Only issues with a proper wood is that they're loud, and I know Alton has a lot of restrictions, which I guess it'll mean its more of a family wood with an alton special 'worlds first' , as opposed to anything thrilling etc
The existing planning information references the use of tunnels to control noise. Presumably something similar to those that feature on Balder at Liseberg.

Apologies for missing that!

Now that would be interesting.....Certainly excited to see things progress!
bensaund

Also the ride is located in the centre of the park so the noise would have to be very loud to travel outside of the park. Spinball is very noisy as that is near the edge of the park for example.
simononestop

id be happy with that
theparklifekid

Any updates on the flume site at the park? Or has nothing happened there yet?
MakoMania

theparklifekid wrote:Any updates on the flume site at the park? Or has nothing happened there yet?
Some people have been spotted surveying the site, but apart from that nothing much has happened.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Gravity

JSMarsden wrote:
Tom-TT wrote:

Apologies for missing that!

Now that would be interesting.....Certainly excited to see things progress!
I'd be very very happy if it turns out to be anything like Balder!! :D
dazza4783

Full planning application is imminent.
This was submitted on 17th May.
http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov ... KID=104356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Horras64

"Demolition of existing structures and the installation of a new rollercoaster, construction of associated buildings, landscaping and groundworks."

I wonder which buildings will be demolished? Probably the old flume station in order to have it replaced by "The Smokehouse"