Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TH14TEEN

Ok. I have family members who work within the uk theme park industry, and they know and I know exactly what sw8 will be and where. I cannot disclose anymore than that I'm afraid. :)

I would detail my source more but I simply can't. You probably won't believe me but most merlin employees in management and office positions know what the ride will be years before, so some people know and as such due to my relationship with said source i also know.
Last edited by lewis97 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Ryan.B

TH14TEEN wrote:Ok. I have family members who work within the uk theme park industry, and they know and I know exactly what sw8 will be and where. I cannot disclose anymore than that I'm afraid. :)

I would detail my source more but I simply can't. You probably won't believe me but most merlin employees in management and office positions know what the ride will be years before, so some people know and as such due to my relationship with said source i also know.
If you do know, what year is it set for? I don't know whether to believe you or not so you should understand that without a source I can't believe anyone, but if you are correct, when is it set for?
Adz
Admin
Admin

Th14teen/AlexP

Please stop making claims you cannot substantiate. You're only going to embarrass yourself.

You've already stated something as fact, when it is very very wrong. So let's stop it here before it gets rather awkward.

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic...
Mikkel

TH14TEEN wrote:Ok. I have family members who work within the uk theme park industry, and they know and I know exactly what sw8 will be and where. I cannot disclose anymore than that I'm afraid. :)

Who told you? Is it by any chance your dad's uncles brother's nephew's sister-in-law's daughter's son?
Baggie79

tbf I believe you. I have good "sauce" who says that it will definitely be a drop coaster. It will drop from Alton Towers through the core of the earth then up through Australia then 87 inversions before dropping back through the core of the earth before climbing back to the towers.

Guaranteed!
Sawboss

Wasn't it already established from the preliminary planning application that SW8 will be in forbidden valley?
Adz
Admin
Admin

If we can continue with the topic please.

Regarding SW8's location - yes there's a scoping option regarding a potential addition in the Forbidden Valley area. This however isn't confirmed to be SW8, nor are the findings of the scoping report available. It could well be that the council rejected the possibility outright.

Now please don't read anything else into that. I'm just pointing out that nothing is set until it starts construction.
mark_h

Even if they got planning permission they don't have to go ahead with the project.
Themeparksandy1981

Well if it's true SW7 should have been the valley coaster then they could easily push it back again with the closure of the flume that could be now site of the SW8 coaster.
Sawboss

Adz wrote:Regarding SW8's location - yes there's a scoping option regarding a potential addition in the Forbidden Valley area. This however isn't confirmed to be SW8, nor are the findings of the scoping report available. It could well be that the council rejected the possibility outright.
Ah I see, the mystery continues then.
xylyx

And what a mystery, this one feels like it's bubbling just below the surface waiting to reveal itself.
Themeparksandy1981

It would make sense as in the early 00's Alton Towers had two applications rejected for a wooden coaster over the valley.
ry1996

Well if SW8 is going to happen in 2017 then we should be seeing a full planning application within the next month or two, if not, then it will certainly have been delayed
TheBeast

After potentially losing 6 rides across the park, can Alton justify making another? Plus they layed off a load of their staff, I cant see them getting something new for years tbh. 2018, maybe, but nothing sooner I dont think.
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Dom

I'm sure that whatever they decide to do with SW8 will be good. I hope they really go all out with it and really go for it with the themeing side of it too!
MakoMania

Ripsaw being dismantled means one of two things:

1-cost cutting and removing it before they really need to. (Most likely)

2-removing it for SW8 construction still on track for 2017. (Back in April it did say "removal of existing ride structures")

Really hope it's the 2nd one :lol

:no:
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
ry1996

^Id imagine that if SW8 was going ahead in 2017 we'd have already seen a full planning application or at least be seeing one within the next month
allijukes19

I agree! Also I think Blade has a good chance of retirement as it was going to last year. This opens up a large amount of space. I think things are still on track for 2017. Also I think we are going to see a planning application put in soon.
ry1996

^I really think that if it was going ahead in 2017, we'd have seen a full application by now. Really hope i'm wrong though
fillc85

Now Blackpool have confirmed a 2017 coaster do you think AT will delay SW8? Or will they be competing again i.e Big One / Nemesis

Was going to post link to the story but cant find it now. There was even pictures of the Tom Sawyer Bridge getting removed. It was with a quote from one of the Thompson's saying work will take around 18 months.