Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
sw7nutter

The new top spins with the backwards facing rows are cheaper to run as they have been made more efficient on power usage by lowing the centre of gravity of the seating thingy, thats the only reason. At this moment in time SW8 is far too hard to guess what it may be.
NemesisRider

I currently assume a B and M.
Alex

nemesisrider wrote:Well, it's good we have decided our view on Ripsaws fate.

What would replace the blade? A mutiny bay pirate ship is likely but on the blade site...

You know my ideas about an FV coaster, removal of Air shop's tables and the rest...
Ripsaw and Blade are both going to be removed, it says that in the LTDP.
NemesisRider

"LDTP"? I heard Blade was going never to return but Ripsaw was moving.

Still, could an FV coaster be possible or will it definitely be KC?
Coasterfellow

Of course a fv coaster is still possible and the next coaster is not definately going to be in kc.
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
Alex

nemesisrider wrote:"LDTP"? I heard Blade was going never to return but Ripsaw was moving.

Still, could an FV coaster be possible or will it definitely be KC?
Its LTDP and that is the long term development plan. This can be found here

http://www.altontowers.com/uploadedFile ... Report.pdf

On page 37 point 8.20 it says
New rides and entertainments areas
8.20 A number of existing rides would require replacement as they reach the end of
their planned lives. This is likely to include Ripsaw, the Flume and Blade. In
addition two large attractions/rides are likely to be developed in 2016 and
2019 (one of which may include a ride across the valley between UG Land to
the Forbidden Valley) resulting in approximately six new or replacement medium
to large attractions.
8.21 In the second phase of the Long Term Plan the connection between the existing
hotel area and the Theme Park would be reinforced with indoor and outdoor
attractions. This would enable the development of a fully integrated Resort
attraction.
DeadJack5

I still think a coaster in the middle of forbidden valley and gloomy wood could be possible. Or maybe between gloomy wood and kc. Would be possible. If not then the other places I can think of would be the flume site or maybe dark forest where the swing chair ride use to be. X sector and forbidden valley have enough coasters and don't have the room
stealthsmiler

It says that the flume ripsaw and the blade are likely to be removed. Not definitely meaning ripsaw maybe saved. Especially since Submission was removed and wasn't planned.
Alton13Nemesis

ministry of joy is such a tacky theme, I would never go in x sector if it was themed like that. As for oblivion going/rethemed/remade. no, just no. it won't happen for a while yet.
Alton13Nemesis

i'd say, due to planning restrictions the woodie across the valley will never happen anyway, is what I've heard. I think the most likely area seems to be in forbidden valley, to the east of nemesis, near the air lift hill.
NemesisRider

Alton13Nemesis wrote:i'd say, due to planning restrictions the woodie across the valley will never happen anyway, is what I've heard. I think the most likely area seems to be in forbidden valley, to the east of nemesis, near the air lift hill.
That's what I've been saying for ages! Forbidden valley, with some track near Air.

How dare you insult X sector! MOJ is one of the better themes. And, with that theme, the sanctuary won tons of awards.
NemesisRider

If it is forbidden valley and UG land, that plan needs an update! Still, it is starts in Forbidden valley and is like 13, goes into the trees lots, I will be happy. Still, I think that sounds like a proposed woodie for 2006 that never actually was created.
sw7nutter

Its a long term develoment plan released at a similar time to the 13 plans. The next coaster will not be a cross valley woodie becuase of the evil known as planning permission.
NemesisRider

Still, look on the bright side sw7nutter! Planning permission caused Nemesis to be in the hole and amazing!

Also, mods keep threatening to shut forum sections because of permission rants. I need this forum to stay open, please!
sw7nutter

Well it would help if we stay on topic. But to close a forum because of planning permission rants seems a bit stupid considering it is like the main factor in sw8.
The only thing we know about sw8 is that it will be in a hole.
118hazaman

sw7nutter wrote:The only thing we know about sw8 is that it will be in a hole.
You never know, it might just hug the ground!
sw7nutter

Ok then all we know about sw8 is... Oh actually then we know nothing.
118hazaman

sw7nutter wrote:Ok then all we know about sw8 is... Oh actually then we know nothing.
Well we know it's a big attraction, but we can't even say it's going to be a roller coaster! It could just be a large water ride, or something completely out of the blue.
NemesisRider

118hazaman wrote:
sw7nutter wrote:Ok then all we know about sw8 is... Oh actually then we know nothing.
Well we know it's a big attraction, but we can't even say it's going to be a roller coaster! It could just be a large water ride, or something completely out of the blue.
It's going to be at AT. And, it will be a ride.

That's 2 things...
sw7nutter

Thats pretty much all we know. it will be at alton towers and will be a ride. It may not even be called sw8.