Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RCandrew

Well I doubt it because then x sector would be left with no flats..
Plus that would defeat the purpose if what you said about the space being used for a b&m..
Coasterfellow

Wait a second! Since when are ripsaw and blade being removed?!? :-s
^Thanks to Nemesis Rider for the Signature! ;)
Jack

Ripsaw is planned to be removed soon, unsure about the blade but I believe it will be going down the same route :)
Ladyofthelake

The removal of both Blade and Ripsaw are part of the Long Term Development plan for the park. Both rides are reaching the end of their natural lives so it makes sense that we will see their removal at some point in the near future. What will be interesting is what the park replaces them with, especially considering the limited number of thrill flat rides currently available.
NemesisRider

The rumours I heard were right! Surely, that mean the Enterprise one is true too, they were form the same source. Ladyofthelake, do you know anything about the removal of the monorail?

I praying that Forbidden valley is not rethemed, it would mean Nemmy is going soon.
stealthsmiler

Firstly, Nemmy could just get a retheme, and second of all Ripsaw isn't that old, how come it is nearing the end of it's life. It would be good if a similar but more modern ride could replace it.
tallicay2k

Nemesis will never get a retheme, I wouldn't have it.....
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Jack

I don't think the theme of FV will be touched in the near future, I could see new rides to fit the theme of the area though :)
NemesisRider

I agree, an expansion of the story would be good. Also, it would strengthen all the Nemesis rides including Sub Terra.
Coasterfellow

The story could easily be continued. Just buy any spinning flat ride and theme it around a phalanx weapon that has been taken over by the nemesis creature and is now being used against the human race.
NemesisRider

I guess you like spinning rides...

No, it's not that easy. Nemesis has a good franchise, a spinner would seem a bit weak.

Forbidden valley has B and M's, Dark Forest has Intamins and X sector is mismatched.
Coasterfellow

nemesisrider wrote:I guess you like spinning rides...

No, it's not that easy. Nemesis has a good franchise, a spinner would seem a bit weak.

Forbidden valley has B and M's, Dark Forest has Intamins and X sector is mismatched.
How is a flat ride that spins weaker than any other flat ride?
stealthsmiler

A spinning flat ride could so easily be themed into the Nemesis theme. I also believe that using Phalanx weapons as the theme of the flats would work well. I think a war zone type setting would work, with the Nemesis side of the area being the aliens side and the Ripsaw side being the human side. Signs and speakers informing guests that they are entering a high risk war zone could make the theme really strong and Air could be rethemed into the only human weapon that is actually interacting with Nemesis babies.
Coasterfellow

stealthsmiler wrote:A spinning flat ride could so easily be themed into the Nemesis theme. I also believe that using Phalanx weapons as the theme of the flats would work well. I think a war zone type setting would work, with the Nemesis side of the area being the aliens side and the Ripsaw side being the human side. Signs and speakers informing guests that they are entering a high risk war zone could make the theme really strong and Air could be rethemed into the only human weapon that is actually interacting with Nemesis babies.
^^Great Idea :yes:
NemesisRider

I though you meant like Sonic Spinball! A spinning flat ride is quite likely, but if Enterprise is moved...

Another Enterprise shaped ride might go into X sector, themed as Ministry of Joy.

Nemesis is not a war, it is contained by the track. I thought Air was an experiment or phenomena in the valley's oasis. Wouldn't war be too similar to the Swarm?
Georgie

Spinning ride? Forbidden Valley? Sounds like Dynamo to me.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
NemesisRider

All Forbidden valley rides have the same direction of lift (Air and Nemmy's lifts are practically adjacent) so a FB SW8 would surely have the same area for a lift, right? Or could it be going towards Haunted hollow? I hope it goes over the walkways wherever it is, An inversion over the entrance would be epic! Colossus goes over one entrance (not in an inversion) and that is super effective in my opinion.
Danny

Nemesis and Air's lift hill are in completely different directions. Nemesis faces Gloomy Wood heading for the entrance way and Air faces more Katanga Canyon .
Sam198

DannyG wrote:Nemesis and Air's lift hill are in completely different directions. Nemesis faces Gloomy Wood heading for the entrance way and Air faces more Katanga Canyon .
You're half right.

Nemmy's faces the storage yards behind Duel and the Monorail maintenance shed, while Air's faces directly into the car parks, around 30° from the direction of the former:

NemesisRider

That is true, but they both go into the same area of trees. I see lots of potential in the bottom corner on the left. If Ripsaw is removed they could have a queue down there. And, if The Blade goes, they could easily have an eye level inversion there.