Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheDarkStar

The flume needs a revamp. I would hate to see it go. I think it needs to drop the **** imperial leather theme and make it more like the one at legoland. Pirate themed. I then think SW8 should be a rollercoaster... A woodie... Snaking around the woods behind the flume, and gloomy wood. This could open that area for expansion, plus giving at a woodie. Either way... I dont want to see the flume go... And that is where their next SW will be.
Alex.D

tharrison4815 wrote:
seanyboyuk wrote: sw8 will be a family ride on a large scale i think. the smiler / sw7 was a thrill ride so it only makes sense their next addition caters for a family target audience. ive made it well clear they need to replace the flume NOW
I would say that it would be another thrill ride from the current pattern:

Nemesis - Thrill
Oblivion - Thrill
Air - Family
Th13teen - Family
The Smiler - Thrill
Air...Family? 1.4 height restriction. I think not. But SW8 should interact with the flume after the flume gets a revamp. Hopefully the coaster will be wood or a airtime steel.
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
Cookie_Muncher03

I think SW8 should be a B&M wingrider because it would be different from anything else on the park and it might gain popularity and I think that the flume should be removed because its kind of outdated by the rest of the rides in the park. Also, I think that SW8 should be put in Katanga Canyon because only the rapids and mine train are there which were popular 20 odd years ago so it's not really as updated as the rest of the park.
:)
Themeparksandy1981

Cookie_Muncher03 wrote: I think SW8 should be a B&M wingrider because it would be different from anything else on the park and it might gain popularity and I think that the flume should be removed because its kind of outdated by the rest of the rides in the park. Also, I think that SW8 should be put in Katanga Canyon because only the rapids and mine train are there which were popular 20 odd years ago so it's not really as updated as the rest of the park.
Katanga Canyon hasn't got the room to built another coaster in. It's built on the edge of the park.

Do u think they could move the junk yard so they could build a coaster next to Duel?
RCandrew

Could they build a coaster that is 'over' the rapids? Like over the pond, water and around the ground just outside the fences and stuff? That would be good!

If you look here;
http://s22.postimg.org/ls8qbn0n5/image.jpg

This is the area and you can see the rapids etc (sorry the pen is bold)
But the red is where the rollercoaster could possibly be, with the blue being its possible enterance?
It could intertwine with the rapids and swoop under the monorail etc and has land space to the bottom left? Maybe that could be the enterance to...
This is a quick idea I don't have a clue if it could work! Thanks :)
cookiee_munster

theres always the coach park just behind katanga, as well as parts of the land.

honestly, if it is another coaster and ends up either going in forbidden valley or in the dark forest ill scream. there are other areas in need of a BIG ride.
RCandrew

cookiee_munster wrote: theres always the coach park just behind katanga, as well as parts of the land.

honestly, if it is another coaster and ends up either going in forbidden valley or in the dark forest ill scream. there are other areas in need of a BIG ride.
Couldn't agree more! They three parts with 2 coasters each (x sector, forbidden valley & dak forest) seem like the main parts and this makes them bussiest! They definitely should do one in Katanga or somewhere different! I did think of the coach car park but wasn't sure, would be good if they could use that as they could make a massive (not up the way) coaster!
Martin

I had the exact same thought walking out of the park on Sunday.
It would be fantastic if they could build higher
But that's never going to happen.
I wish they would do something in the duel area of the park it just seems like a waste of space.
And they definately need to take some of the focus off the other 3
Damn those height restrictions
BOW TIES ARE COOL!
RCandrew

They defrinately need a rollercoaster added to an area that doesn't have an SW in it already! And Katanga canyon or gloomy wood would be brilliant places as they'd have brilliant opportunities for theming!
RCandrew

Just saw this and love it

http://s14.postimg.org/yv6xsx9zl/image.jpg

Please, soon!!!!
bensaund

TBH even if they applied for planning permission there is no guarantee it will be built or approved :-(

But I want it
If you go down to the woods today
JackoCoasterMad

Sorry about not caring about the little kiddies but...
Why don't they remove Storybook Land and Old MacDonald's Farm and just build another thrill area on there, with SW8 there?
I do agree with the need for development on the Air car park, and a thrill ride in the lesser areas of the park, but the two previously mentioned areas are maybe the most rundown areas of the park. When I go, they are all but deserted, and need a new lease of life.
There is enough room in these areas to develop a new area, suitable for both children and adults, with adequate space for a rollercoaster.

Just tell the kiddies that Old MacDonald went on Relocation, Relocation, Relocation: they'll understand!
Chaz

JackoCoasterMad wrote: Why don't they remove Storybook Land and Old MacDonald's Farm and just build another thrill area on there, with SW8 there?
Because they'd alienate the family market (see Thorpe). Just having thrill rides doesn't work (see Thorpe) and sometimes having a mix of coasters, family attractions and high-capacity, well themed flat rides can open the market up for a park (take note Thorpe!).

Basically, don't do a Thorpe Park and market to thrill-seekers only, visitor numbers and profit margins show this doesn't work. Especially for a 'Resort' that advertises across the board.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
samham

How about they just build an underground rollercoaster. A fast launch into a series of small but intense drops, bunny hops and quick banks and turns  8) This could even be built under towers street and no one will know what to expect when they ride it for the first time. It would save a lot of space anyway  ;) It sounds like an underground version of Rita I know... but just an idea  :)
Cookie Monster

it would cost alot just for the structure underground it is very unlikely
Jack

I think they should just go back and just make SW's as bloody amazing rides, like nemmy, for example, no stupid gimmicks or anything, similar to Colossus, just not as many inversions etc :)
JoshRicho-atiR

Maybe a mutiny bay extension?
samham

Cookie Monster wrote: it would cost alot just for the structure underground it is very unlikely
Hmm yes that's true... but just imagine how intense it could be  :twisted:
TB2

jackandylan123 wrote: I think they should just go back and just make SW's as bloody amazing rides, like nemmy, for example, no stupid gimmicks or anything, similar to Colossus, just not as many inversions etc :)
When Nemesis opened, hanging below the track and inverting was a gimmick. Same with Colossus. Whilst non gimmicky rides attract the masses everywhere else, in the UK a gimmick is the thing that pulls in the punters.
1. Expedition Everest 2. Hollywood Tower of Terror 3.Superman De Acero 4. Katun and Nemesis 6. OzIris 7. Blue Fire 8. Black Mamba 9. Manta 10. Oblivion

Jack

TB2 wrote:
jackandylan123 wrote: I think they should just go back and just make SW's as bloody amazing rides, like nemmy, for example, no stupid gimmicks or anything, similar to Colossus, just not as many inversions etc :)
When Nemesis opened, hanging below the track and inverting was a gimmick. Same with Colossus. Whilst non gimmicky rides attract the masses everywhere else, in the UK a gimmick is the thing that pulls in the punters.
you know what I mean though, what is thought of today as JUST a brilliant coaster and nothing more is needed :)

EDIT: just thought, if they decide to have another coaster in Forbidden Valley, why don't they have 2 parts Forbidden Valley and Forbidden Sanctuary, one side with Air and one side with nemmy (the side with Air to have the new coaster if they decide to build it there :))
Last edited by Jack on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.