Wicker Man - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
deeve

What company would be the best. Intamin, gci or Premier
Alex.D

GCI would probably make the best version of the cross valley. They are probably the best wooden manufacturer out there! Alton please let GCI build you a wooden rollercoaster. PLEASE!
THE SWARM, oblivion,air,colossus.all epic.:D
^Made by Lewis97
A

I really don't know what wooden coaster manufacturers are best, all I know is that I wish custom coasters international still existed - megafobia is by far the best woodie I've been on :)
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example :P
Benji

*cough* Rocky Mountain Construction *cough*

Thanks to Lewis for the sig!
the smiler :-)

You never know, we might even get a bobsled coaster.

A bobsled coaster might sound thrilling, but the one at BPB Avalanche isn't as good as i thoughts it would be. Maybe for the younger ones, Towers did have one once, but it wasn't really a coaster.
Anyway thrill seekers are looking for the next NEW thing, and this wouldn't be new. Maybe if it had a loop in, it might be better? :)

Edit by Boz: Please do not use "txt" language, and remember to use correct grammar and spelling.
Last edited by the smiler :-) on Tue May 28, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stu1980

Vladimir Bobinski wrote: No, but an alternative entrance or just an exit would be welcome.  I quite admire what a lot of parks have done with new rides to make them center pieces for an entrance.  Not a lot happens in Alton until you move on from the entrance, at least you used to be able to see through the vinyl wrap on the Monorail previously.

Moving the entrance is in the long term plan anyway, it's no secret.

Not that im having a go because im not im just having a say but you say nothing happens until you move from the entrance - The magic starts when you see the main gate and drive down the long road it dies until you get to the que for the monorail then as the music plays on the train you cant wait to get off and start the magic in full force.

As you walk in the park the magic hits you in the face and your in a whole new world with the icon of the towers right ahead and the buildings on both sides then you get to the bottom take a deep breath and bang it slaps you again in the next area. So for me thata why i feel towers street should stay - im all for a new exit but not a new way in as it will rip the heart out of the park for me
Has the magic gone for me - yep almost!
deeve

If we get more great coasters who cares where the entrance is.
thorpetowersfan14

Alton Towers either need a woodie or a water. There isn't a big wooden coaster in England's main theme parks and a world's first on a water ride would be awesome!
jmed

I think an indoor coaster would be great, and surely it would reduce the all important noise issue.

I love the rock 'n' roller at disney, however this is basically rita indoors, so that would be no good. but something else maybe. although a launch coaster is essential really due to height.

It would need quite a lot of land so that limits its areas, but being indoor means the actual ride could be hidden or away from the main areas a bit (i.e duel) with a small fronted entrance and long queue line. something in katanga canyon or gloomy wood maybe, making use of some of the service land or staff car parking behind these areas.

A woodie is another great option. how likely it is i dont know. but to the general public (i.e non-coaster enthusiasts) it would be a very eye catching ride and would create a stir. despite them obviously being just as safe as steel, the public wouldn't see it like this so it adds extra element of fear & excitement.
Last edited by jmed on Thu May 30, 2013 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
the smiler :-)

i think they should update Rita and put a few inversions in like a barrel roll it would be better as the cant make it taller because of the tree height limit. :D
Friedchickenman

Heard a Rumour at the end of the year the flumes are getting replaced.
arsenalfan-1

I know we already have a launched coaster but i would love to see a Mack at AT.
Thanks Lewis97
deeve

Cedar point have 3 coasters that launch. Where does it say a park can only have One launch coaster. Who cares how you turn potential energy into kinetic energy. If the ride has a Good layout and makes you backside twitch who cares if you go up a lift Hill or launched our the station. If the park has height restrictions then launch coasters make sense despite Rita being in the park.
DrReeve

deeve wrote: Cedar point have 3 coasters that launch. Where does it say a park can only have One launch coaster. Who cares how you turn potential energy into kinetic energy. If the ride has a Good layout and makes you backside twitch who cares if you go up a lift Hill or launched our the station. If the park has height restrictions then launch coasters make sense despite Rita being in the park.
Firstly I would like to say Alton always try and bring a new or a different ride experience for every ride they bring in. Whereas a launch would pretty much have the same ride experience as rita. Unless its a vekoma or other make Motorcycle coaster. The only project i could see which would ever come in with a launch is "Broomsticks over the forest" (a motorcycle coaster themed to broomsticks in gloomy wood)
Image credit to Lewis97
deeve

If the next coaster is going up by air which this thread indicates is a possibility then a broomstick launch coaster in gloomy wood is hardly a SW. Alton Towers would entertain a B&M worlds first  and if it meant the coaster launched then so be it. I think the swarm withbackward seats will be an indicator as to what B&M do with wingriders in the future. The smiler may have a short lived time as top dog.
SuperWill

I can see SW8 being a wing coaster! Maybe a sequel to The Swarm? This would be awesome! And if there was a Swarm sequel at AT then it could team up with Nemesis and cause devastation? And then it would be up to the Phalanx to stop Nemesis and Swarm before it's too late! :D 

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
DrReeve

SuperWill wrote: I can see SW8 being a wing coaster! Maybe a sequel to The Swarm? This would be awesome! And if there was a Swarm sequel at AT then it could team up with Nemesis and cause devastation? And then it would be up to the Phalanx to stop Nemesis and Swarm before it's too late! :D
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. okay this has been before in this topic let me simply just say. It would always be underrated to swarm due to height. Also the ride type is made to make the passengers feel like they are flying which would be compared to air. Plus i dont want to get this topic started again...
Image credit to Lewis97
SuperWill

DrReeve wrote:
SuperWill wrote: I can see SW8 being a wing coaster! Maybe a sequel to The Swarm? This would be awesome! And if there was a Swarm sequel at AT then it could team up with Nemesis and cause devastation? And then it would be up to the Phalanx to stop Nemesis and Swarm before it's too late! :D
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. okay this has been before in this topic let me simply just say. It would always be underrated to swarm due to height. Also the ride type is made to make the passengers feel like they are flying which would be compared to air. Plus i dont want to get this topic started again...
I understand that you don't want to see a wing coaster and a Swarm sequel but I do! We all have different opinions but a Swarm sequel for me would be awesome! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
TheSmiler1998

How about the most British of rides, a queue line!
@LukeSavidge1998 I follow back so hit follow button! #getcorrect #excited
We know what we are, we know what we are! Erm.... Europa League winners we know what we are! Doesn't have the same ring to it does it?
SamSimkin

I would love a indoor/outdoor water coaster to take place of the flume. Themed around either gloomy wood or mutiny bay.
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION