Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisDave

Chaz wrote: Just out of curiosity really- we always stay at a Travelodge when we go to AT or the on-site hotels if I fancy a drink (and can afford it). Anyway, every time we visit we see the b&b situated right outside the park entrance and never note its name.

Anyone stayed here? Know what it's called? Prices? Etc?

If its cheap enough I see it as perfect: can stay cheaper than hotels onsite and still have a few jars?

Thanks all
stayed there on the 22nd of july for 1 night, they have a free secure car park, were very friendly and for 2 of us it cost £62 in a double room with en-suite and tea making facilities. They also do breakfast but we didnt have it so i couldnt tell you the price. They also do have a licence to sell alcohol.    It is called Trough Ivy House, just put it on google and it will come up. Hope this has helped
Hokeystokie

Hi wonder if anyone can help, I am thinking of taking a few people in a minibus, can I park in the coach park for free? Or do I park in the normal car park and pay the £6?  When I rang up they said its £6 but when I was walking on the coach park there were loads of minibuses!

Hope someone can help?

Hokey
Delta79

Customer services told me to park on the overflow coach park and pay to park. on the day i was push over to the car park, by staff.

But if you are going on alton towers education tour trip, you then park in coach park can area by the magic HQ.

So it is really up to what staff are on when you turn up.  Its really hit and miss, a really failure by the park.
lozzyhickers

Long shot- can I use my MAP dscount in the hotel restaurant?
Deleted

You can yes.  :D
lozzyhickers

Fan-blimming-tastic! Thanks!
Chaz

NemesisDave wrote:
Chaz wrote: Just out of curiosity really- we always stay at a Travelodge when we go to AT or the on-site hotels if I fancy a drink (and can afford it). Anyway, every time we visit we see the b&b situated right outside the park entrance and never note its name.

Anyone stayed here? Know what it's called? Prices? Etc?

If its cheap enough I see it as perfect: can stay cheaper than hotels onsite and still have a few jars?

Thanks all
stayed there on the 22nd of july for 1 night, they have a free secure car park, were very friendly and for 2 of us it cost £62 in a double room with en-suite and tea making facilities. They also do breakfast but we didnt have it so i couldnt tell you the price. They also do have a licence to sell alcohol.    It is called Trough Ivy House, just put it on google and it will come up. Hope this has helped
Thank you very much :)
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
b2311e

I know I posted in the Scarefest topic, but will post here so it's seen more

Are bounceback tickets available now valid during Scarefest?
Hokeystokie

On Sunday I went to towers and the group wanted to return the next day so I bought 4 bounceback tickets and a car parking pass. On Monday one of our friends dropped out so we gave our tkt to a disabled friend just to get her out. She has a blue badge so I said use te disabled parking and show the parking pass I bought already for Monday.
They refused this and made us pay cash.

After reflection I'm thinking this was wrong but before I contact them I wanted your thoughts as really I've paid £12 for parking.

Any advice will be appricated
Boz

I don't know if there is anything that can be done about this now, but you should call their customer service line.
Kenzie2012

b2311e wrote: I know I posted in the Scarefest topic, but will post here so it's seen more

Are bounceback tickets available now valid during Scarefest?
They have been in previous years, last year included. If you haven't got them already I would say ask when purchasing them and double check.

I can't see them taking away this option, not this season.
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
b2311e

Went today and yes the are valid, so bought some :P
Hokeystokie

What are valid?
Hokeystokie

Ooh sorry i re read that you mean the any day bounceback tickets not next day bounceback one.

Sorry too early for me
sku11dude123

I will be going back to the towers soon and i have a question in my mind. Which ride has the best seats? Which one has the most comfy one's?
33VV

Can fast tack tickets only be used by one person or can they be shared amongst friends/family?
The Moon

If two people wish to fast track with one ticket, no. If one at a time ride with one ticket, yes.
THC selectively targets and destroys tumor cells while leaving healthy cells unscathed. Conventional chemotherapy drugs, by contrast, are highly toxic; they indiscriminately damage the brain and body.

Toke up...
Biff1935

Just a quick question .i have a motorhome and was wondering if overnight parking is allowed ,as we have done this several times at Disneyland Paris  :|
jackgcse

Not Officially, but there will be no problems I don't think! ;) As long as you don't make it too homely! LOL! ;) But I cannot be 100% sure!
JaykeAT

That's an odd question but I'd have to say nemmy. Although why do you want to know this?