Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jmgpannal

£20 for 5 photos. MAP discount applies so it's £16 for MAP holders
Lady Sol

MinteButtons wrote: To get a Towers2 ticket, do you simply present your ticket from the previous day at the ticket booths, or do you buy it from guest services during your first day on park?
I've bought them in guest services in the past and in the box office in the past. I haven't needed to show my tickets from that day. I've bought them the first day in the park.
ThomasBoothman

For tickets to return the day after, how much are Towers2 tickets? And I presume they can be used on tickets purchased through MAP's 'Family and friends tickets' perk?

Cheers :)
djtruefitt

To get a towers2 ticket you need to buy one on the first day of your visit. You cant just bring your old ticket the next day I dont think. You can do it at box office, and probably ticket desks as well.

I think any day return is about £15 and next day is £9.
hex4ever

As an annual pass holder I don't have to worry about this, but my ride for next Saturday who has a towers 2 ticket wants to know whether they are entitled to ERT or whether they can buy ERT privileges when they arrive. I didn't think he could but he insists that because the ticket is pre bought he's entitled.

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
djtruefitt

Nope I dont think he can get ERT with it. You can only get ERT with the tickets bought online (and hotel guests) I belive.
lozzyhickers

Why was Hex closed on Saturday?

Thanks.
dmmosh1

i notice the B and B near the towers say that you can do quad biking in the area, does any body know where abouts this is
thanks
JayTricky

What queue times can I expect to see for Sub-Terra at around 1 or 2pm on a Saturday?

ty
starbugger1303

JayTricky wrote: What queue times can I expect to see for Sub-Terra at around 1 or 2pm on a Saturday?

ty
Most probably 30-40 minutes...But it really depends on which Saturday.

:)
djtruefitt

It also depends if it breaks down :P Recently if its broke down during the morning or dinner time, then all afternoon its been really busy. However if it doesnt break down it tends to be quieter towards the end of the day.
MinteButtons

With a clubcard MAP voucher, do you exchange the voucher for a ticket at a ticket booth, then hand in that ticket at the AP office/box office?

Thanks  :)
djtruefitt

I belive thats what you do, I think you need to go to the prebooked ticket booths on the left hand side of the main enterance.
Maickel46

Hello from Spain

Sorry my English is not very good, I hope that google will help me.

My girlfriend and me (25 years) we would go to Alton Towers in October, but I have many questions that I can not resolve from the official website.

I've seen closing times change much in October, a week closes at 4 and another at 9, why?

In this month there is school and work? I would go a normal week, in which people have school and work, so not many people in the park.

I want to go alone to Alton towers, what airports I can take? What I can pick the park hotel?

I'm going 4 nights, and I would like a Monday morning and go there on Friday afternoon, to take almost 5 days of park.

thanks
SIMR

^ Siempre podrías mandarme un mensaje privado si quisieras información (en Español claro). :)

The week where the parks closes at 4 is the week before the school holiday starts - it shuts at 4 because there won't be many people in the park. The week after it (Mon 22nd) is school holidays and the park has a Halloween event on, where you can stay in the park until late and there are Halloween attractions too.

If you want to go in a normal week, you should go the weeks starting Monday 1st/8th/15th. All 3 of these weeks would be 'normal' and children would be in school.

Alton Towers is quite isolated so there aren't many airports near. There is East Midlands airport, Birmingham airport or Manchester airport - you would probably be able to hire a taxi to the park from there. As for hotels, there are 2 hotels on park, however they are quite expensive.

I hope this is helpful to you. :)
Voke

MinteButtons wrote: With a clubcard MAP voucher, do you exchange the voucher for a ticket at a ticket booth, then hand in that ticket at the AP office/box office?

Thanks  :)
I do this every year, and that's exactly what you do. Just hand in your voucher at the ticket booth, then you'll get an entrance pass which you use to get in. Keep this and then go and get your MAP from the Box Office when ever you wish during the day! :)
Wiggler

Delta79 wrote: Is the operation of Amateur Radio equipment allowed within the park?

*tech note max 8.6 watt ERP, about the same as handhelds used on site. and not used in queueline*

Now i wait for the weird looks.
I've never had an issues doing that at towers... But I normally try to be discreet with a headset... I've had the odd member of staff ask me if I'm hacking into their radio system or jamming them... I just said no...

I've taken a duel band handy with me a few times, tried getting into some local 70cm and 2m repeaters from the top of the towers... GB3ST, GB3VT and GB3ZI, managed to get the pips back but not sure if anyone picked me up lol... Didn't get any responses to my CQ calls lol... The other useful perk if you take a 2 meters radio is that you can listen to the different park chatter on VHF.
kingbling11

I am staying at Splash in June. Would I be correct in saying I can arrive at (well just before) 9 am, go to the hotel and check in (obviously not go to the room) and use my key to get my ERT? Or is this even necessary? Can I just show a booking conformation to get ERT?
lozzyhickers

kingbling11 wrote: I am staying at Splash in June. Would I be correct in saying I can arrive at (well just before) 9 am, go to the hotel and check in (obviously not go to the room) and use my key to get my ERT? Or is this even necessary? Can I just show a booking conformation to get ERT?
Hi there, you will need to show your key to get ERT.
Kittykat1987

Heading here next Tuesday (15/05) and wondered if anyone could tell me what we should expect crowd wise and also if there is anything happening over that time to make it busier? (dont like it busy  :D )