Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemmyJunkie

^ sometimes they do, then re open them again once the snow has melted and its safe to ride again :)

All rides should be open tomorow. The main reason the park closed was the wind blowing trees down i believe, the snow was all melted when I left so that won't be a problem tomorrow.
MPDarby

Just wondered if AT have changed the way they let guests into the park? I visited last week with my non-AP friend and we had to wait outside in the entrance plaza, rather than on Towers Street like the past few seasons. Is this the way they are doing it this year or was it just a one off?

Also, we were let into the park at 9:30am rather than 10:00am and could enjoy the ERT rides (not that I can't myself usually!). I assume this was a one off but certainly helped spread the queues around and stopped the stampede.
Thanks for riding the Runaway Minetrain, we hope you enjoyed your trip. Choo! Choo!
mrbrightside

Non ERT guests are kept outside until half 9. They still can't get on any rides until 10 as at the queue entrances you have to show your annual pass, ERT ticket or hotel ticket to be allowed into the queue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ImageImage
The Psychoaster

mrbrightside wrote: Non ERT guests are kept outside until half 9. They still can't get on any rides until 10 as at the queue entrances you have to show your annual pass, ERT ticket or hotel ticket to be allowed into the queue.

Last week I went with two people who didn't have ERT and we just walked in at half 9 and got on Rita and Oblivion before 10 - no one asked to see anything to prove we had it. As far as I know, there's never been anyone standing at the queue entrances?
mrbrightside

The Psychoaster wrote:
mrbrightside wrote: Non ERT guests are kept outside until half 9. They still can't get on any rides until 10 as at the queue entrances you have to show your annual pass, ERT ticket or hotel ticket to be allowed into the queue.

Last week I went with two people who didn't have ERT and we just walked in at half 9 and got on Rita and Oblivion before 10 - no one asked to see anything to prove we had it. As far as I know, there's never been anyone standing at the queue entrances?
Last Thursday and Friday I was asked to show my ticket on Nemesis at the queue entrance. I can't actually comment on the other ERT rides, but that is how the system should work now.
ImageImage
Danielle

mrbrightside wrote:
The Psychoaster wrote:

Last Thursday and Friday I was asked to show my ticket on Nemesis at the queue entrance. I can't actually comment on the other ERT rides, but that is how the system should work now.
When I have arrived before 10 in the past, I've been held behind a rope across Towers Street until 10:00 (with staff around asking to see ERT tickets etc). Last week, there was nothing like that. All of my group had ERT anyway, but there were no staff around asking to see proof either at the entrance or at the rides. Bit unfair if people not eligible for ERT are getting in, really.
Rollercoasters4Life

Been twice this year so far, but was only there early enough for the opening Saturday ERT. Thought it was a tad unfair that they had no one stopping people that didn't have ERT. Means I pay for an Annual Pass for what? One of the privileges is to get ERT so why should people that don't have Annual Pass, Online booked tickets or in the Hotel get free ERT - something which I have to pay for. Seems unfair. I was thinking as it was opening day it was a one of so they could spread people around but it doesn't sound that way. I hope they go back to enforcing people to show Tickets/Annual Passes on Towers Street and stopping others that don't have them till 10AM. The method above about showing your ticket/pass to someone in front of the ride is stupid as it causes people that don't have ERT to congregate into small areas outside the front of rides - which is worse that keeping them on Towers Street.
djtruefitt

They are currently doing a new system for ERT (on a 6 week trial I think). At 9am the gates at the enterance will open for annual pass holders and anyone with ERT tickets (hotel guests, pre booked tickets, etc). You then go into the park as normal. All other guests stay at the enterance until 9.30, when they are let into the park.

There should be someone at the enterance of the ERT rides until 10am to check your annual pass/tickets.

It is only a trial at the moment, so it could change or go back to the old way. Apparently they did it to try and stop the big crush of people at the bottom of towets street at 10am.
medji

Can you get the towers2 tickets if you use 2 for 1 vouchers?if you can, how much is it to come back later in the season?
Lady Sol

Next day £9
Any day £15

They didn't check my entrance ticket for that day when I bought one.
oblivious

can day guest use the restaurants in the hotels or do you have to be staying in the hotels.
DeadJack5

I don't know if this has been mentioned before but what fast tracks are on sale, the price and what rides are included into it? Thanks :D
Coaster_Dude

sheepie

A question regarding merchandise- can anyone tell me if the thirteen necklaces are still on sale please?  I visited in 2010 and they weren't available at the time and I really wanted one! Thank you if anyone can tell me! :D
Don't blink; not even for a second, blink and you're dead.
Vanessa Feltz

sheepie wrote: A question regarding merchandise- can anyone tell me if the thirteen necklaces are still on sale please?  I visited in 2010 and they weren't available at the time and I really wanted one! Thank you if anyone can tell me! :D
They are indeed, you can purchase them in the th13teen shop or at Towers Trading on Towers Street.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Previously Site Team!
"Thinks he knows it all"
DanteNero666

Odd Question, but is anyone visiting on the 11th or 12th of April? I'm there for both.
Give me a coaster handshake!
Lauren

Is there still Burger King in cloud cuckoo land by the skyride entrance, or has it been replaced?
Voke

Lauren wrote: Is there still Burger King in cloud cuckoo land by the skyride entrance, or has it been replaced?
Yep, it's certainly still there. The only food outlet that's been replaced this year is KFC in X-Sector which has been changed to Fried Chicken Co. We have strong suspicions that over the next few seasons Alton are trying to drive out the generic fast food outlets and replace them with their own brand Merlin outlets. So it doesn't look like BK will be staying for an awful long time!
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

what team runs the skyride?