Quick Questions 2012

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lozzyhickers

Oh and also, as no one seems to have answered on the other topic, how busy is opening day usually? I've been visiting the park for a good 17 years, but never the first day of the season!
Rollercoasters4Life

/\ Depends on if there is a new ride or not. I would of thought the year Th13teen opened there were more people there than say this year that Nemesis: Sub Terra will open - just simply on the fact that Th13teen was a major investment and received a lot of publicity whereas Sub Terra is only a medium investment.

Over the years there has only been one opening day I went on that had a ride open the same year and that was Th13teen's and it wasn't that bad to be honest. Everything was no more than 45 minutes if I remember correctly. I am going opening day this season and would of thought times will be the same or less.
The Psychoaster

The Psychoaster wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote: /\ Both the MAP and Alton Towers Annual Pass are covered in the Half Term Event. I would of thought the quietest day of the week will maybe be the Wednesday or Thursday - Personally myself, I am going on the Thursday.
Thanks. Does anyone know of any buses from Stoke which leave for Alton (or anywhere walkable nearby) at more manageable times for a 10am opening than 05:34, 07:49, 13:39, 16:39, 18:54, 01:09?

Not sure why a bus leaves for Alton at 1am in the morning  :|
Anyone?
Voke

The Psychoaster wrote:
The Psychoaster wrote:
Rollercoasters4Life wrote: /\ Both the MAP and Alton Towers Annual Pass are covered in the Half Term Event. I would of thought the quietest day of the week will maybe be the Wednesday or Thursday - Personally myself, I am going on the Thursday.
Thanks. Does anyone know of any buses from Stoke which leave for Alton (or anywhere walkable nearby) at more manageable times for a 10am opening than 05:34, 07:49, 13:39, 16:39, 18:54, 01:09?

Not sure why a bus leaves for Alton at 1am in the morning  :|
Anyone?
If that's all the Bus-Times on the website from Stoke, then I would presume that it's the only times the service actually runs. By the looks of it, it looks like the service is primarily for staff of the park, due to the early and late departures. If you have an Annual Pass, the 7.49am would be a nice bus to get to make use of Early Ride Time. :)
xTiax

Macca79 wrote:
xTiax wrote: Hi all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I just didn't know where to put it!
I know this is probably a long shot but thought I might aswell try!

Me and the bf came here August last year and he saw a teddy that he wanted. Literally spent all of his money trying to win it and still didn't get it! I have been looking all over the internet in hope that someone might be selling it but no luck. Was just wondering if anyone knew if there is a website you can buy the teddies off? It was a gothic kind of teddy on that strength meter game! Thank you for your help. :)
I believe i have 2 of the teddys you mean are they the ones with the skull and crossbones on and wearing hooded jacket things. i would attach a picture but im not sure how to.
Yes thats the one! Just wanted to thank you all for your help! I contacted HB leisures and got a reply straight away saying they would look for the teddy to see if they had it!

A couple of days later I received a suprise parcel opened it and it had the teddy in! I'm really thankful to them they were really nice about the situation and I really appreciate it!

Never thought I was going to get the teddy let alone get it for free!

Thank you again all for the help :)
Boz

wow i can't believe they gave it to you for free, didn't expect they would even sell it to you. well done.
towersmike

Hi everyone!

Was just wondering what kind of discounts you get on food, merchandise, ride photos etc. with a MAP?

I am going to towers a week today. Can't wait to use my MAP for the first time.

Thanks
Choo - Choo!!
AstroDan

You get 20% off every outlet aside from Burger King. No discount on cigarettes, newspapers or medicines.

Photos you get a discount, but it varies.... Usually a photopass, which is five photos and valid all year, costs around £18.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

I got a photopass at the end of last year but only got 2 photos with it, can I use the other 3 this year?
hex4ever

This is probably somewhere else on the forums but i couldn't find it. I've just invested in an annual pass as I can drive this year, so I was just wondering were to pick up my reserved pass, I know the resort box office sells them but its in the park so I will have to pay the entrance fee on top of the pass. Any assistance would be appreciated because I'm collecting it on Tuesday, cheers.

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
Lady Sol

The way I've always done it is to go to the sales windows to the left of the entrance turnstiles (I think they are for collecting prebooked tickets). Show them proof of your annual pass - Tesco vouchers, letter or printed off the website depending on how you paid for it. They'll print you a free ticket you can use to get through the entrance turnstiles. Then head down Towers St to one of the buidings on the right where they'll print your actual pass off for you.

By the way, there's a Quick Questions thread for posts like these  ;)
Poison Tom 96

^ i did this when i first got my ATAP
Hokeystokie

Hiya are the unlimited drinks bottles for sale during half term? If so does anyone know what colour they are?

Thanks
CoventryBee

Anyone who's been the past few days, how much are they charging parking?
djtruefitt

CoventryBee wrote: Anyone who's been the past few days, how much are they charging parking?
Well on Saturday they jut let us park in the coach park for free. However today they were making people park in the normal carpark. I have no idea if they were charging tho as I was at the hotel and left late. Signs still all say £6.
Hokeystokie wrote: Hiya are the unlimited drinks bottles for sale during half term? If so does anyone know what colour they are?

Thanks
Yes they are on sale. They are £5 for the daily ones and are the same as last year being black.
AstroDan

May I add that the price of the refill drinks has been cut from £6 to £5 for 2012!

Jordan

The reduced price was trialled during Scarefest and Fireworks at the end of last season too. Will be interested to see if this is just the reduced price for FHT or whether it will be £5 all season.
Poison Tom 96

Anyone know what colour the Merlin AP quenchers are?
jackgcse

Are there any adverts in the park yet advertising a concert this year?
ThemeParkObsessive
Location: Probably on TH13TEEN, but if not, watching The Inbetweeners

AstwoDan wrote: May I add that the price of the refill drinks has been cut from £6 to £5 for 2012!

That's actually quite good, as £6 did seem a big high. But if you buy a drinks container and fetch it next time you go to a Merlin theme park, can you still use it? Obvious question but just asked it anyway! :)
http://www.facebook.com/UKThemeParkNews
http://www.youtube.com/ThemeParkObsessive

WARNING - I get angry if people say 'THE NEMESIS', 'THE AIR', 'THE OBLIVION', or 'THE RITA'. :@