Alton Towers Dreams: How Obsessed Are You?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Blaze

Sure this used to be around, but I'll just start it up again any way.

Has Alton ever invaded your dreams? Do you visit in your sleep as much as you do when you're awake?

Share them here...
MinteButtons

Oh yes I have regular Alton dreams, normally just going for a ride on Nemesis. One that sticks in my mind is that I was visiting with my sister and played a shoot the hoop game, then I won a plush Nemesis. (there were plush Nemesies, Wraiths and Ducks)
Anyway, I went for a ride on Nemmy, but had to keep my bag and plushie on me. Leaving the station, there was a sharp right turn, and then lift hill went up where the zero-g (or whatever inversion it is) over the station is.
I lost grip of my plushie on the first drop and Nemmy fell into the river of blood, never to be seen again. :(
Don't_Look_Down

I dream about AT or theme parks nearly every night. Last night I was riding a coaster I'd designed in RCT3 (although it was actually situated in X-Sector). I couldn't figure out why I was at Alton Towers during the closed season and panicked because there wasn't a way to get home :?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
RedLily

It's in my dreams quite regularly, just the other night, trying to go on a new ride but when I got to the entrance there was a net I couldn't get through, very weird I thought!

I don't know why I can't dream about riding Nemesis, but there you go! I can't get enough of it ;)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I have loads that come to mind, but I had two ones quite recently:
[spoiler:2qefdr09]I was on the way to X-Sector when the UG's came in a huge parade with there fire engine, I started and I remember going to the DF where the sign is and seeing a wraith hovering.[/spoiler:2qefdr09]

Also, I was in some platformer with the Cloud Cuckoo Land answer as the theme.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
CoventryBee

haha, I had one the other night actually:

Me and a friend headed to Rita, where we got to front row. And for some reason the restraint wouldn't lock properly, and only the seat belt kept it down.
Anyway, we launched and the seat belt snapped off and as we turned the sharp right turn, I fell out...landing on the TH13TEEN queue line sign... and then I woke up, so I presume I died. :lol:

Adam.
Dia

Oh God I had one last night... I rode nemesis twice :D I've never ridden it before so it's probably nothing like actually riding it but for some reason at the end it had 2 more loops? :L Idk weird and I had a dream about Rita a couple weeks back where it ended just as the launch started which was disappointing:( Had one that I was on the RMT a month or so ago but it was... different :L Think I've dreamt about Thirteen and Air too, don't think I've had one about Oblivion though:( LOL I love dreams about AT :P
For the technically minded it is a multi-inversion suspended rollercoaster, but for the rest of you it's just designed to scare you sh*tless :P

gazag

i dont dream about alton towers, vut i do dream of a completely fantacy park at lest once a week.
AshleeK

I dream about Alton Towers, but in every dream its a wildly different park that in no way resembles the real place, yet shares the name. The park is rarely realistic, and usually includes current rides with a weird twist (like Oblivion being over a ravine, or Thirteen being located outside the park, and everyone had to pay to get on. Also it had a completely different layout), and odd new themes like the dark ages, Top Gear or something that resembles Theme Park.
BSwiss

I have had a fair few that follow a simple formula: being in the park and trying to make my way to Nemesis but for varying, I can't get there. They're very frustrating.

Also in the months before Thirteen opened I dreamed about riding it a lot. The surprise element was always different and usually really slow and disappointing.
Khanage

When I first went to AT back in 1997, I had a dream very shortly afterwards that I can still remember to this day. It involved the walkway from The Haunted House to The Forbidden Valley. In the dream where the left hand turn up to the toilets is, that was a new ride and there was a vines that went into a dark room and the ride involved swinging on these vines. It was all very surreal. It is strange that I can still visualise what I saw in that dream and it was 14 years ago I had it!
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Rowe

I have had one or two dreams of Alton Towers in the past (One being Oblivion refitted with beds... y'know, since we tend to sleep in beds) but since I don't recall any outstanding dreams/nightmares about the Resort.

I guess I'm not that obsessed! :P
SpinballEdders

well i don't dream but when i can't get to sleep i like to think of scenarios of me owning the park and making the decisions
Dia

Wow I had another dream about AT last night, that I was on Thirteen but it was different... can't remember how now xD
For the technically minded it is a multi-inversion suspended rollercoaster, but for the rest of you it's just designed to scare you sh*tless :P

SpinballEdders

i had an AT related dream last night i had a keychain of me being on ripsaw but the keychain said nemesis: what lies beneath and the weird thing was it was like a the picture of me was moving
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

It's the power of the topic. Or the TTF magic. ;)
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
Marie

I had one where I went with my group of regulars and I lost my purse but I wasnt bothered at all because I had my annual pass. My boyfriend was worrying I'd lost my bank card, but I was reassuring him everything was ok as I had my pass to come back the next day.
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
Marie

I had one last night. I went to the park on my own during the closed season, but loads of people were there. I remember advising people that you got soaked on the runaway mine train (which was correct information). I told this family that dark forest was closed (again correct information) but this dad was not listening to me and I was screaming at him that if anyone was going to know it would be me. Also I has to walk through loads of these little Alice in wonderland type doors that got smaller but no one else seemed to have to go through them. It was weird.
It's not a purse, it's a satchel! Indiana Jones has one.
SLC

I had one last season before I had ridden Thi13teen, I managed to get round the whole park but for some reason some mysterious force stopped me from getting to the Dark Forest, or something like that. I was really upset haha
longy0151

I had a weird dream-nightmare about AT a few weeks ago, where I was waiting for TH13TEEN to open to the public for the first ever ride and I was at the front of the queue. They opened the queue line up and I was sprinting down eager to be the first rider, only to be disappointed that there was already a massive line of people who had pre-booked to ride. I was really upset!