The Thank You Thread 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
The Crab of Nemesis

Sort of alongside the highlights of 2011 thread, I always think it's nice to say thanks to all the Towers staff for another season.

I think we're all united in saying that 2011 wasn't as good as it should have been, but I have had an excellent experience with every staff member I have spoken to this year, from booking the hotel over the phone to the guy letting me out of the carparks. The staff have been polite, entertaining, efficient and fantastic this year.

In particular, the team at Splash Landings who made my first stay at an ATR hotel really enjoyable over Scarefest (despite me bombarding them with a ridiculous amount of questions).

As we all know, it's the staff that really can create the magic at Towers, so thanks to all of them for another great year and here's to an even more spectacular 2012!
ImageSince 2008
Big Dave

Yeah its been a good year. It started off soooo badly, but progressively got better. Scarefest was great, even though it did start off badly and the fireworks were truly epic!

The staff really do make such a difference as well. I often feel like the park should just let the staff be themselves more. Give them a bit of freedom to express themselves. Ok, some staff members need more guidelines to keep them under control and others need some pushing to get them to interact with the guests, but in general the staff are great.

To sum it up, I think what a few members of staff said is really true. We might moan, we might occasionally radge about the park, but its a great park with a unique surrounding. We often take it for granted, but without the park being there, we might not be able to experience the sheer awesome settings and world class rides as often as we do.
BSwiss

Yeah, thanks guys. I can't really think of any negative experiences I have had with any AT staff this year. A big thanks to the guy who let me and my friends ride the flume 9 times in a row as it had claming effects on red wine hangovers.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

A man reassuring a first time Blivvy rider was fun to watch, and talking to a Waffles & Ices member about past rides, oh and seeing a certain Mr. Sanbrooke on the RMT photos.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
themealgang

Massive thank you to Towers for making 2011 another great season.

Despite the absence of no major attractions, the park made up elsewhere. The Scarefest was great again, and the fireworks were the best I have ever seen. It takes a lot to get me emotional, but I must admit the display even brought a tear to my eye!

A huge thank you from the fans and to all of those involved inside the park for making 2011 fantastic. Long may it continue, and we all can't wait to ride the ABC drop towers next year!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Blaze

The season started really bad, but got better, ending with the fireworks, which were beyond amazing.

As bad as the season was at times, I never had a bad experience on a personal level. As usual, the staff were great, the rides were running fine and last weekend was one of the best times I've ever had.

So thanks to all those involved at Alton, I really look forward to 2012.
Nemmychick
Location: Wished I lived in Alton, but I live on the border of Wales

Thanks x

Been to AT 3 times, and every time the staff have made our day that bit more magical :)

On my first visit me and my dad were asking around a lot to members off staff around rides like ''Excuse erm, is this ride scary?'', youm know, cheesy, stupid questions like that, in which they replied lovely and told us the truth. xx

On my second visit, me and my dad couldn't find Air, so we asked a bin man, seen as he was the closest member of staff, and he cheerfully replied by advising us to take the Cloud Cuckoo Land Skyride and said it was easy to see from there.

On my latest visit, we knew pretty much everything, but a lot of staff were asking how our day was going and just being simply nice.

I have to say I go to crappy places like Gullivers World and some of the staff there couldn't care less if you fell out of a ride and died. I said hello in a cheerful manner to a Gullivers member of staff and the looked at me and grumbled ''shut up and get on the ride'', with no expression but grump on his face.

Seriously, I love AT and it's staff
Thank You AT x
Nemmychick
I live, breath and sleep Alton Towers.

I also produce the funniest ORP's in the planet!

Wuv yoooooooo <3