Scarefest 2012: General Discussion (Spoiler Warning)

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SamSimkin

Is air good in the dark ?
Once thought air was the best. Then Th13teen for some reason.

Now I have found the ultimate beast ... OBLIVION
Nerdsticks

Well it's almost been a year since I have posted in this forum.  :P
It's good to be back to read about the scarefest though!
Just though I should share this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9oD6BNJJRk
It's Alton Tower's advert for the Scarefest, it's really lazily done though, in my opinion. No matter! I'm just excited for Saturday.  :)
Scarefest lunatic!
PeteB

That is the laziest advert I've ever seen! If I was just a regular guy, that advert WOULD NOT entice me to visit Alton Towers Scarefest at all. I'd love to know how effective this campaign turns out.

Yet more "that'll do" attitude from Towers.  :roll:
Boz

I did see it half an hour ago, but thought it was such a poor effort it's not even worth posting  :|
Double H

Hahhahah, really??? A over dubbed version of the march release for Nemesis Sub terra thats it? Nice one AT
Randomizer462

The Advert is so poor! It's Altons best time of the year, They should more effort in than that!
Jammydodger

Gosh, I bet Sub-Terra will be completely different in the dark!....
Luce

Oh dear, that really isn't a good advert - shame that when it came to promoting one of their busiest times of year, AT chose to rehash the Sub Terra one. 

Despite this, I'm still looking forward to visiting this weekend :)
W@LLI$

On the matter of poor things for scarefest have you seen the Sanctuary logo from the entrance of the maze!

However I plus side is that COS is looking really good this year!

#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Liam B

That is shocking! Really they have just went "CRAP WE FORGOT THE TV ADVERT!" and just stuck some random stuff in there. They could have used past footage from last year, or atleast advertised rides that the dark would make a difference with :P

Really poor they may aswell have not made one.

But that behind us and complaining out the way IM SO EXCITED!!!! everything is looking good so far and the zombies! scare zone WOW that is a giant improvement on what was last year. With a completely new Idea of toxic waste ect. longer pathway, better themeing, Thankyou for that alton! now all we need is good ride lighting and everything is SORTED!!
RobStandley

That sanctuary sign is so 70's cheese! Presumably that's the look they're going for but to draw in the masses and portray a terrifying horror maze, really?!?! It's got low budget written all over it! Ill be there Sunday either way!
SamPowell

Has anyone got a picture of the Sanctuary Queue line or Zombies! Scare zone from today????

SamPowell
NickT04

And yet if Alton blew their budget on adverts every year they'd be slated for not investing it on rides  :P

To be fair, us lot are gonna go anyway and I imagine that advert does enough for 90% of the GP! Chill!
oliviamae

just seen this posted on twitter, a glimpse into the sanctuary!
Kenzie2012

NickT04 wrote: And yet if Alton blew their budget on adverts every year they'd be slated for not investing it on rides  :P

To be fair, us lot are gonna go anyway and I imagine that advert does enough for 90% of the GP! Chill!
Exactly what i thought...

Forum Nerds will never be happy!!!
"Life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life. Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!”
anorman

oliviamae wrote: just seen this posted on twitter, a glimpse into the sanctuary!
I think the Sanctuary is going to blow us all away, that rubbish cheesy sign is just a way luring you into a false sense of security.  Has anyone seen 'House on Haunted Hill' with the mental asylum, I think we are going in that direction here :)
Jammydodger

Looking at that picture, I really hope we see the return of mazes with a narrative.
Ex10 toyed with it, but AT are really the true kings of storytelling in their mazes.
W@LLI$

This was just put on facebook

The Sanctuary: different very wacky and daring... Once it's polished for the main event it could be the best Maze Towers have done!
#GETCORRECTED
BETTER NOT GO ALONE
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/4791-cawallis123/"]Image[/url]
Double H

I agree, the idea of the sanctuary is supposed to be 'inviting' therefore this is builds a false sense of security. Even all the writings from the AT website make it sound 'meek'.

None the less still counting down every minute till this 12 days for me!
altontowerskid

It is a real shame the Scarefest advert is so poor. Especially when Thorpe are advertising their new maze, The Passing with this https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=633051635387 as an online video.

However, I think if they get the atmosphere and lighting right, we could be in for a fantastic event. Anyone else thinking that the locations of the mazes are much better this year? Much more suited to the individual attractions :)