Travellers on park

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
hex4ever

I was on park today and the highlight of my day has to be the actors on sub-terra, a small group of travelers tried to give the actors lip and one of them spat on the actors boots, upon doing this a torrent of abuse was fired at them by every actor in the area, I kept hearing "clean my shoe, clean my shoe". Needles to say they were quiet for the rest of the ride which made my day, but they did have a little argument about how their human rights had been breached. Unfortunately they did ruin hex by being loud and swearing, and they all smelled of weed might I add  :shock:

The staff did handle it well I must add, with security being very reassuring and seeing people being turfed out of the park for a blatant disregard of the rules, one comment from a traveler woman made me laugh though, she was warring a very short skirt which made obvious reference to a certain part of her, a staff member told her to make her self descent as there are children on park, and she replied with so what, my 13 year old sees it all the time and he doesn't mind #-o

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
scubahood

Thorpe Park was full of them on Sunday as well. Every time I was in the fast track queue there were always at least five trying to get in off of one fast track. I wouldn't say I can't stand them cause they are hilarious to watch. I've just never seen a bigger group of idiots in one place. To echo what other have said they have no respect
jackgcse

I knew they day was coming; we in fact booked primarily because it was Gypsy Day! Although it’s usually busy and full of pains in the backsides, it is just fun to watch (plus I like the girls) :)

Our day was alright, I have learnt that the parents of the travelers are usually very friendly and the same with most of the girls, however the young boys and youths are diabolical, at one point I nearly said to one group that were starting on me, because I didn't let his friend queue jump me, I nearly said to them 'go back to channel 4'...I didn't you may be pleased to hear, but I was in the right mind too when they started calling me a bully! sigh!

The day was alright, but I didn't expect to see the level of security and security measures taken by the park! It was a little bit of a shame that Alton has to have this level of integrity because of the little bleeps that usually have no respect for park!

I saw 3 young gypsy’s, you know they are because they all have the same hair and look, usually swearing, spitting and obviously up to no good, jump from the exit of the River Rapids over the fence to the flume queue line at the top, where the final hill of the flume meets the queue line, I could not believe this, I nearly shouted at them and said can't you read the sings?...then I remembered most of them can't read!

The shameful thing about this 'event' is the fact staff have no power, because they know they will have a traveler brawl before they know it, however the staff noticed my argument with them on Ripsaw when they queue jumped, and the staff sent the gypsy boys to the back ripsaw, where the staff decided the completely soak the back row, full of swearing, queue jumping gypsy’s, which was great karma!

Overall it was alright, to what it has been in the past but it was probably because of the terrible weather, yet the girls insisted that they wear basically nothing, even though it was freezing cold, and everyone else is wearing coats! They also feel high heels are appropriate for Alton Towers!

I do also find it comical to see a Theme park car park full of vans and truck, all of which are the gypsy builders and gardeners! Don't see that on an average day! :)
Till next year!

Just to point out I don't have a major problem with the gypsy community, its just a shame Alton cannot shoot all the boys between 12 and 21! They are a nightmare! More like the clientel you expect to see at Thorpe Park!
Last edited by jackgcse on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roodlesnouter

scubahood wrote: Thorpe Park was full of them on Sunday as well. Every time I was in the fast track queue there were always at least five trying to get in off of one fast track. I wouldn't say I can't stand them cause they are hilarious to watch. I've just never seen a bigger group of idiots in one place. To echo what other have said they have no respect
I was there on Sunday and also noticed a large amount of our travelling friends.

To be honest I did not see a great deal of trouble, a few queue jumping but from what I saw the staff dealt with it well. There was a large amount of security but then again there usually is at Thorpe. Maybe just the sight of security in numbers is enough of a deterent.

I was there with my daughter (15) although I never felt unsafe or threatened I was repulsed by the actions of a few and by what some of the female travellers were wearing, at one point we were heading down the saw queue line, a walk on, behind 2 girls in the shortest of skirts and the highest of heels of which neither could walk in, me and my daughter just shook our heads, then got on the ride to have them shook again.

It's not just travellers though, I remember being at typhoon Lagoon water park on Disney, again with my Daughter we were queuing up the steps to one of the bigger slides. In front of us was a bunch of middle aged Italian women  all wearing thongs and they weren't the slimmest of ladies. As we went up steeper steps there asses were virtually in our faces. I was disgusted by this and again was rather embarrassed what with being with a 13 year old at the time.

No matter what, you will always get selfish people with no thought or consideration for others, Its a shame that the actions of just a few can put a dampener on the days out of many others as well as give a bad name to the groups they represent.
Last edited by Roodlesnouter on Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://pixelsattheparks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
timmy1372

Hi people

Myself and the wife were at Alton on Sunday the 8th too, not been for a while, didnt know about this at all, when did this become an Easter tradition? i'm sure i have been at Easter before and not seen this!

Next time easter weekend will be avoided, but it was quite entertaining, if i had kids i think i would of been much more dissapointed, i just hope some people dont think its like that all the time, Its not now is it? its only been a couple of years since my last visit! noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! lol
DiogoJ42

It's been happening for a good few years now. Easter and the first Sunday of Scarefest are the days to avoid.