What song reminds you the first time you went Alton?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
sku11dude123

Mine would be Solo by Iyaz for some weird reason. Just makes me think memories of my first visit to the best theme park ever, my second trip was amazing as well. :)
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

UG Land theme. :(
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
janine.whitehead

This a really easy question for me as I remember it well.

It was July 1997 and everyone was listening to Republica at the time. We persuaded the teacher/coach driver to put the tape on while we were on our way and on the way back (year 9 school trip :p).

Everytime I hear 'Ready to Go' now it mentally takes me straight back to that coach and that day.

I remember I was in love with Steven Ley from Form 9-2 on the way there, and in love with Nemesis on the way back.... lol.
RyanY

For some reason its 'empire state of mind' I think its becaue its because it was on when we entered the park. :P :lol:
Lord Antaz

I'm a sort of Newbie at Alton Towers visiting. I went first in 2010. I have knowledge of it's history though,- been too busy in helicopter lessons to go to Alton.
Answering your question I would say the Monorail tune. It was the first time I've ever seen and heard Alton Towers itself,- exciting, amazing, fantabulous (According to the car park signs!)
You'll probably have a lot more memories on your first AT music!
Blaze

I don't have a song associated with my first Alton trip.

Don't really have one for any really, but Disco 2000 will forever be associated with a trip to PBB. :D
AT TeeJay

Bad Day - Daniel Powter that first day I was 5 and Alton was so much more magical back then to me
---- You\'d Better Not Go Alone ---
SheikhSam

adrenalinejunkie

Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners. I'm very old and have been going for many years! I remember when the Log Flume opened and we queued for 2 1/2 hours.
Wes

Take That - Could It Be Magic

I remember sitting in the old Cred Street magic show theatre and they must have played this track at some point. Back in 1995. MAGIC!
Ritadz

The Chuckle Brothers theme.

Please don't ask. :P
taylorw

Eric Prydz- Call On Me

2004 Halloween first time going to the night time park. I just LOVED walking down towers street, and hearing the crescendo of 'Call On Meeeeeeeee, Call On Me' My friends all took notice and we smiled. Epic Song.

I've been every year on Halloween/Scarefest weekend since.
Finally...

I'd have to say the Nemesis theme.
WillPS

Towers Street music.
AstroDan

Chris de Burgh, Lady in Red... given it was his live concert at the park that very evening.

I don't recall any park music. I was 6 years old in 1990.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
TowersJake

Oblivion theme song and (OLD) Towers Street theme

ATJakee Youtube Channel !
DDF14

Great topic, well done author!

My story is October 25th 2002: I was 17 and on a college trip to Alton to do coursework for both A level Maths (Statisics & Mechanics) and A level physics. On the coach ride from Southampton (Long Long drive) I had just bought a new cd (Ministry of sound: Addicted to Trance) In my defence of this I was confused boy (Oii not like that [-X ) just musically (Blues and Rock are my thing).. I sat next to Calie Whittaker (Not bad 8) ) and we listened to 2 tracks on repeat there and back, Ralphie Boy - Massive and The Spacelovers - Spacelove.

Both very atmospheric and set a tone as we went past the JCB arm scoop sculpture which was eerie. It was a typical October day misty, foggy, light rain which was gone by 12 and the sun came out..

Ralphie B : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRzrt_BQ ... 0D1F43BE90 (eerie and industrial give it a chance as the sun rises over a foggy alton)

Spacelovers : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxChuId-mI (more upbeat fun magic, you might here this on some cheesey coaster video)

Anyway afterwards I was hooked got home and listened to the Nemesis theme for ages and started looking at the websites.

EDIT : Just found an old going to Alton CD I made and I forgot about a DIO track from the Movie Iron Eagle that we listened to as well , which we only found cool because we saw lots of rainbows that day and the fact the lyrics have "magic carpet ride" .. Dio - Hide in the rainbow . Genre: Metal, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hMaIjihNJg