Lift Stop

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Has anybody else had one?
I've had the following (this season)
Air x1 (camera)
13 x1 (breakdown)
Oblivion x2 (camara)
Sonic x2 (camara)

I still want one on nemesis to have the set.
Don't_Look_Down

It's happened to me once on Oblivion (yesterday in fact) and yep, it was because some twit was filming with their phone.

I was just pleased to be able to enjoy the view of the park and nearby landscape for more than 3 seconds :P
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Coke

Two in 20 minutes on Oblivion today for cameras or phones.

Are you thirsty?
AshleeK

Last time I was on Oblivion the ride stopped because someone had their phone out. I found it funny that everyone on the ride was slagging him off!
altontowerskid

Stopped on The Flume last month! On the lift that goes into the indoor section, great fun watching all the boats build up behind! :)
Also stopped shortly on Nemesis, this was due to the operator despatching quick so they could clean up some spilt drink on the lowering floor.
Jem8472

Had a stop on Ripsaw on Thursday. We went up and it held us upside down. I noticed one of the ride ops going to press the button on the side of the operator hut and I had a feeling it had broken. It let us freely swing until we were the right way up and stopped towards the back. Took the engineers about 10 mins to turn up. They let us down and tested it and we were strait back on.
Child 'O' Nemmy

Air Breakdown x1 It stopped for 5 minutes and then got going again , It felt awkward because before I got on i was thinking Breakdown please!
Vicki

Not had any this year but have had one on Air for a camera.

And about 259,000 on Air waiting for the train before to clear the block in front but that doesn't count.

And 256,000,000 on the Skyride. But that doesn't count either. A trip on that when it DOESN'T stop is more of a surprise.

*Figures have been adjusted based on rate of inflation and average daily temperature at the sun.
The Lonely end of the Rink- a great song, and it\'s usually the case when I go ice skating because I just can\'t keep up!
Rudge69

[quote=""Jem8472""]Had a stop on Ripsaw on Thursday. We went up and it held us upside down. I noticed one of the ride ops going to press the button on the side of the operator hut and I had a feeling it had broken. It let us freely swing until we were the right way up and stopped towards the back. Took the engineers about 10 mins to turn up. They let us down and tested it and we were strait back on.[/quote]

I was there that day, i saw it lol ;D
dominoes

Yeah, I stopped on the lift on Space Mountain... :P
ATJoseph

Suprisingly i was on the RMT i was scared i thought it was the 2006 accident all over again
not only that on the second loop we stoped again it was becase someone was using a phone
so the ride op gave us 3 goes and some Choo Choos !!!