(Poll) What is the catchiest Alton towers music ever?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

What is the catchiest Alton towers music ever?

Poll runs till Thu May 15, 2053 3:11 pm

Duel: The haunted house strikes back
28%
CatCF
No votes
Oblivion
13%
Hall of the mountain king
31%
Toyland Tours
28%

Total votes: 32
sku11dude123

Just a poll to find out which music is the catchiest
Blackprey

youve missed out katanga canyon thats the best
BigAl

Toyland Tours all the way! One of the best rides to have ever graced the park in my opinion! :D
Jordan

I'd go for the finale of the old Towers Street Music but failing that, I'll settle for ITHOTMK :-)
BigAl

I'd have gone for ItHotMK but it's not dramatic any more. :/
djtruefitt

It has to be Duel! Once I have been on the ride I usually have the music stuck in my head for the rest of the day. The music in the Pizza place is also quite catchy!
James

UG Land theme tune.

If you don't know how to reenact that tune then you aren't a true Alton Towers enthusiast. :P

Apart from that tune, Toyland Tours, Duel, Hex and ITHOTMK are the top 4 tunes that I find really catchy.
haydn!

The flume theme is pretty catchy, though somewhat annoying!
PeteB

2nd vote for the ORIGINAL katanga canyon music which they no longer play. Damn you Alton Towers!

My second choice would be the Nemesis music.
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""PeteB""]2nd vote for the ORIGINAL katanga canyon music which they no longer play. Damn you Alton Towers!

My second choice would be the Nemesis music.[/quote]

So was the original Katanga music the theme they play in Towers Street now? And the old Towers Street theme was ITHOTMK?

:)
Jordan

Nope, the original Katanga Canyon music was a royalty-free track which I think was used elsewhere outside of Alton Towers by other parties. The old Towers Street Music was an overture of various ride themes at the time, along with an incredibly catchy and Disney-esque overall theme which was used between each section.

Both the current Katanga and Towers Street music were recorded as part of the Towers Street Suite in 2008. From what I gather, the park was trying to establish an overall theme to all park music, which was then given a unique style in each area. This only really got as far as TS and Katanga though, not quite sure why. Notice how the current Katanga theme has the same recurring melody as the TS theme, just in a Caribbean style? :-)

Edit: Forgot to add that the current Katanga Canyon theme is a much more upbeat remix of the 'new' version they recorded in 2008, which was much more relaxed and calm. So there have been three iterations of the Katanga theme so far :)
CoasterCrazyChris

Is there anywhere on the internet you can listen to the old themes?
BigAl

You can listen or download them on here and listen to some on Youtube. :)
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""PeteB""]2nd vote for the ORIGINAL katanga canyon music which they no longer play. Damn you Alton Towers!

My second choice would be the Nemesis music.[/quote]

I actually prefer the recent music. It suits the area much better than the superhero-esque sound of the previous theme. It's also the catchiest :wink:
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
gazag

ill vote for the flume music too, its awsomely catchy and you get the 'quack's' stuck in your head all day long
James

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Is there anywhere on the internet you can listen to the old themes?[/quote]
TowersTimes - Alton Towers Media

A lot of websites have been forced to closed down over the past few years unfortunately, due to Merlin Entertainments legal team and issues with copyright. There were some great sites around for Alton Towers media. Not sure if you have the current tracks (such as the Mutiny Bay and Cloud Cuckoo Land themes) although a number of the current tunes used on resort were uploaded by 2(3?) members a while back and all got removed. Which is a shame really, but there's copyright for you.
BigAl

I think I managed to download most, if not all of the themes so I don't mind emailing some to you. :)
Blaze

The Flume music.

Oh God make it stop!
Pennywise

[quote=""BigAl""]I'd have gone for ItHotMK but it's not dramatic any more. :/[/quote]

Not dramatic anymore? The music hasn't changed! :P
BigAl

Noooooo... I meant I don't like the version they use in the Towers Street Theme and for the adverts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5nRKYC4HlU

I preffered it when they used the more dramatic version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAzLiQKEztA

Ooohh that's good! :P