A General Census

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
sku11dude123

What's your favorite themed area? - X-sector

What's your favorite coaster? - Nemesis

What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - CatCF

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Duel's music

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Cloud Cuckoo Land

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Dark Forest

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - A new coaster

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - Yes

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - Bring back Toyland Tours!!!
Cariba

What's your favorite themed area? - Katanga Canyon; small but the little details are great.

What's your favorite coaster? - Nemesis or Air, can't choose.

What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - I think I'm going to say Duel.

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - In the Hall of the Mountain King, Air or Katanga Canyon's.

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Preferably in it's own area, I'd like to see an area based on the same story as Splash Landings personally.

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - X Sector, Black Hole tent, Dark Forest or Katanga Canyon. (Anywhere really!)

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - A decent family/childrens coaster, Mack or Gerstlauer preferably.

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - No.

and finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - Improve the Resort offerings (new accommodation, expanded waterpark, cinema, entertainment district)
UnleashedLlama

What's your favorite themed area? - Forbidden Valley

What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - Hex

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Hex

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Across the valley (we can dream!)

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Adventure Land, old Beastie site.

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - An enclosed water ride

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - No, they just need to plant some very tall trees!

And finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - I'd start selling small, collectable working models of the rides (for geeks like me)
New for 2011]
James

What's your favorite themed area? - Katanga Canyon

What's your favorite coaster? - Air

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Th13teen Queueline

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Coach park situated behind Katanga Canyon.

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Dark Forest in the area of where UG Swinger used to be.

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - A small, compact rollercoaster. That's all that is really needed in there.

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - No. The restrictions are there for a reason. It's forced Alton to be creative, the most genius ride that has used the restrictions to it's advantage if Nemesis which, the landscape in itself makes the ride iconic. While I'm sure it's a pain for the development teams, it makes Alton unique and can make you feel as if you really are in a particular area.

and finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - I've never really told anyone this, as it's quite a mad and very unrealistic idea, I had the idea of a project named "Project Magic" (yeah I know, not a very imaginative title) which is basically a massive project that aims to resurrecte the Alton Towers magic. The project itself consists of many ambitious plans, attractions, shows and a complete rebrand of the resort. It's not really something I could go into detail in this topic, as I would have to write a whole topic of it's own. All I'll say is that it's just a dream of mine, it's very unrealistic and will never happen.

Realistically, one idea of mine is to have Alton Towers' own railway station, along with trams operating from the station directly to the theme park entrance throughout the day. Although that's not really a unique idea, as I know many of us enthusiasts want the railway station to become reality one day.
Jubby

What's your favorite themed area? - Katanga

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Can't say ive noticed much to have one. Think I recall sealife having a nice one!

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - across the valley

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Don't want any

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - Dark ride

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - No

And finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - I would add more theming to Dark Forest year on year to make it look like the forest is slowly taking over more and more.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

What's your favorite themed area? - Katanga Canyon

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - CATCF & Th13teen queue line (Can't choose)

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Gloomy Wood

If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Dark Forest

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - A heavily intense & well themed dark ride.

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - Yes

and finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - Improve on the theming. To many rides are being installed with little or not immersive theming to speak of. Other Merlin parks seem to get much bigger budgets for theming.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
SLC

What's your favorite themed area? - Forbidden Valley

What's your favorite coaster? - Oblivion

What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - Duel

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Towers Street Music

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Coaster Corner or the valley.

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - Dark Ride

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - Partly; it'll make development much easier but it makes us such a unique park.

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do? - Cheaper Parking :P
Slappy McGuire

What's your favorite themed area? - Katanga Kanyon - Nearly twenty years on, and still better theming than the bulk of the rest of the park.
What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - The Rapids - rides that intertwine with other rides are all too rare in this country.
What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - The entrance music.
If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - I'd have a suspended coaster a-la Vampire snaking out of the dark forest towards the towers. It would however make sense to have a junior coaster in cloud cuckoo land.
If you could have a new flat ride at the park, where would you like to see it? - Dark Forest. - I've always thought a Techno Jump themed like a Whomping Willow would be good.
If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - Would a top scan fit?
Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - No - it inspires creativity. A restriction removal in PART of the park would be handy though.

and finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do?
Exhibitions, like the Dr Who one or Wallace and Grommet one at the Centre For Life, that changes every three months or so.
Jollylee11

What's your favorite themed area? - Gloomy wood

What's your favorite coaster? - Oblivion

What's your favorite ride (non-coaster) ? - Duel

What's your favorite piece of music at the park? - Hex theme

If you could have a new coaster at the park, where would you like to see it? - Behind Ripsaw

If you could put anything in the vacant Black Hole tent, what would you put in it? - Euro fighter

Would you like to see the tree height-restrictions removed so they could build taller rides? - YES

and finally

If you had one unique idea to improve Alton Towers in some way, what would you do?
Use the towers as an attraction, not just an walk through