Queue jumpers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

Do you let people past you in a queue so they can meet up with there m8s further up? I dont mean the people who stop at the food kiosks.

I was queueing for Nemesis in June and a group of girls/lads wanted to get pass me. I said no and they said our friends are ahead of us. Well get them to come back to you.
If they had said anything else I would have said to them if you want to jump the queues buy a fast track or join the single rider queue.
RyanY

I agree I hate it when people say that there friends are ahead of them it even says on some of the rides 'no queue jumping'!

Well done for not letting them past! :lol:
Themeparksandy1981

Well it got 3 rules

1) No cutting in front of guests already in front of you
2) No saving places for guests not already in the queue
3) Leaving the queue and joining back where you left it.
Islander

See here for a recent [s:2v4kjj6l]rather heated debate[/s:2v4kjj6l] bog-standard thread regarding queue jumpers and how TTF deals with them ;)

:P
racgem

This seems to happen to me on most rides with queues. I ALWAYS say no as it's just not fair, especially on a long queue. I don't do it so why should they. I once saw 8 people join behind me and when I said something they started rambling in "their" native tongue. I wish I could have replied back.

Ha! :lol: No, erm...how do I put this, erm..."Our ethnic cousins of Indian decent".
Last edited by racgem on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robertscriven

[quote=""racgem""]when I said something they started rambling in "their" native tongue. I wish I could have replied back.[/quote]

What Geordie or pikey?
darkmessenger84

What I do to deter queue jumpers is where possible, grab the queueline fences on both sides of me.
I am The Stig.
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""darkmessenger84""]What I do to deter queue jumpers is where possible, grab the queueline fences on both sides of me.[/quote]

This is exactly what I do, too. I can't stand the queue jumpers, and always stand my ground when I come across them.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
ryansstuff

Na when ever i go then get me in full and never get there way with me i also get my friends to join in. so far i have had water chucked over me, spited at :/

But i don't care always got my way and whenever they do that everyone else in the queue join in so they do the long walk of shame back out the queue.
Free flash games website: http://rybofun.com/
Roller Coaster mad: http://www.rollercoastermad.com
WillPS

If they want to ride together so much their mates can move back!
PeteMadden

I agree, this is very frustrating! It's always teenagers. I'm a teenager myself and I seem to be the only one who can patiently wait in a queue! I mean, queues aren't usually THAT big, queue jumpers just need to learn to have patience and manners.
DiogoJ42

I've seen people of all ages queue jump, from little kids who quite frankly should be kept on a lead, to fully grown adults in their 40s.
Blaze

Maybe they should install a really long urinal along the queue fence. Solves one of the main causes of leaving a queue and will certainly stop people jumping the fence. :P
hex4ever

When I was in America me and my parents were in the queue for spider man and behind us was a group of foreign young people on a holiday camp, half way through the queue we realised that slowly they had creped in front of us while we were watching the queue like videos, and when we rounder a corner they snuck through, we eventually turned around and said NO! But they didn’t speak English so they couldn’t be told, we adopted the tactic of standing wide and not letting them past but even so about 25 of them managed to sneak past, and there is just nothing you can do with a 50 strong group of Mexican youths. :evil:

Th13teen wasn't over hyped, just over anticipated
sku11dude123

Its better to get Fastrack tickets. I found myself on 10 more rides than the usual "How many rides have you ridden" limit.

But believe it or not being patient will get you on the ride quicker than being a inpatient teen who always uses the coin trick in queue's. Patient people For the win! :D
Pennywise

[quote=""sku11dude123""]get Fastrack tickets.[/quote]

:no:
racgem

25! I would have waited till I was closer to the front and walked in front of them. Then I would have told the ride operators. I know what you mean though, it happened a lot at Port Aventura Spain. They really didn't care.
mumandauntie

I totaly agree that queue jumping is wrong, but I had a problem earlier this season when my youngest (aged 9) squeezed past about 10 people to catch up with his brother and friend on The Blade. A member of the queue waited for them all to sit down before telling staff who then tried to get my youngest back off... it took a couple of minutes for him to understand (he is being assessed for ASD) before he came back out of the queue... totaly upset for the rest of the day. As I say, I know that he was wrong to squeeze through, but it is heartbreaking when no matter how you try to explain it to him, he just didn't understand 'why'. I have since sorted 'special access' band for him, so it won't happen again!
CJH

I used to love queue jumpers especially last year whilst I worked for Towers.

Numberous occasions I seen people leave Rita/Thirteen Queue then jump the fence to re-join where they left.
Most of the time I would call the operator with a descripton, and when they got to the platform refused to ride. Wasting their time due to them breaking the rules.

Only exception I made was if they asked me if they could leave to go the toilet, I'd always give them an exit pass to re join at merge.

I loved at the end of the day people jumping the fence near Rita fast track, seeing them, letting them wait, then refusing them, saying how many guys? 2? This way please, there is the exit now go and use the ride entrance, don't jump the fence.
Chris 21 Manchester
RyanY

[quote=""CJH""]I used to love queue jumpers especially last year whilst I worked for Towers.

Numberous occasions I seen people leave Rita/Thirteen Queue then jump the fence to re-join where they left.
Most of the time I would call the operator with a descripton, and when they got to the platform refused to ride. Wasting their time due to them breaking the rules.

Only exception I made was if they asked me if they could leave to go the toilet, I'd always give them an exit pass to re join at merge.

I loved at the end of the day people jumping the fence near Rita fast track, seeing them, letting them wait, then refusing them, saying how many guys? 2? This way please, there is the exit now go and use the ride entrance, don't jump the fence.[/quote]

I would have loved to do that to the queue jumper :D :lol: :lol: