Alton Towers 3D Models

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Doopy Dan

Looks amazing, the mesh looks nice and detailed, will look even better with a UV map and textures applied!

I have messed about with programming over the years, I can do nothing special yet, but it would be safe to say if that was to be turned into a game then the actual 3d model would be the easy part. Especially if you wanted to incorporate Physix or the Rage engine to make the actual physics of it look real.
spin_doctor

The physics of my model are all set up, the gondola is weighted and swings depending on the speed of the arms and gravity, the purchasable model is animated with the main sequence, I am fully capable of UV mapping, just with ripsaw I would have to create all my own textures which Im not confident I could do properly enough to show the model in all it's glory.

I have finished my Obivion Shuttle I'm just trying to incorporate the renders into a video that will be interesting to watch :)

Nemesis monster, maybe one day,
I don't think I could do just the monster without
doing the rest of the ride, otherwise it would always feel incomplete :p
Doopy Dan

Yea texture creation is very hard, an art form in itself.

What I mean with the physics is that if it was to be used as a simulator, a new physics system that runs in real time and with a standard programming language like C++ would have to be used. As people would want to control the ride. Therefor everything would have to be calculated in real time and could not be a pre animated sequence, as there is no way of the computer knowing which way or when the user is going to move the arms, or lock / unlock the gondola ect, this sort of control has to be done in a programming language like C++, and takes a long time!

Where as what you have animated at the moment, would translate into the user only having the control of being able to press start and stop, not fun at all. Im sure the sequence would look good in RCT3 though, but as you said, it's too poly heavy for that.

No Limits Fairground has a fully controllable floorless top spin in it. Very nice, but its no Ripsaw! I might see if I can do a bit of reverse engineering and pull the core components of code out of that simulator and have a play.
SAW_gameover

Wow that is amazing dude - CANNOT wait to see what else you have to offer!
http://www.ukparknews.co.uk
UK Park News - Your Dedicated Theme Park Resource

spin_doctor

[quote=""Doopy Dan""]
Where as what you have animated at the moment, would translate into the user only having the control of being able to press start and stop, not fun at all. Im sure the sequence would look good in RCT3 though, but as you said, it's too poly heavy for that.[/quote]

I completely understand that my animation is no use to a simulator, lol. My point was that to animate the ride accurately, I had to rig the gondola to the arms, I had to create gravity, wind, air resistance and rig the model so that I only had to animate the rotation of the arms to achieve a realistic looking sequence, the gondola has a virtual mass etc. Therefore, via max script less work would be needed to convert this to a sim than it at first seems as the model is perfectly rigged, the restraints are scripted to open and close in a manner reminiscent to the actual ride, by that I mean they don't all close at exactly
the same time, The maxscript can easily be converted and adapted for use in any C++ program such as visual studio. The animated sequence I created was for demonstration purposes only. :)
longy0151

Wow, do you do scenery items such as the rita tyre and the oblivion station. They would be great for rct3.
spin_doctor

[quote=""longy0151""]Wow, do you do scenery items such as the rita tyre and the oblivion station. They would be great for rct3.[/quote]

I have never used RCT3 so I don't know, what type of files are they that you import into the game?
RyanY

Are your models for sale, were/ how do i buy them and how much?
spin_doctor

[quote=""ryanyoxall""]Are your models for sale, were/ how do i buy them and how much?[/quote]

I am still working on some Alton Towers Models at the moment but when they are complete they will be for sale @ Turbosquid as General Rides with the Alton Towers ride included, by that I mean, If you bought Ripsaw it would be a general Huss Top Spin with the Ripsaw themed top spin as an included file.

Sneak Peek at the Oblivion Fence for my Shuttles, 'Making Of' video. :D

Jonny.F

Looking really good so far good Spindoctor! Can't wait for the shuttle.

:D
spin_doctor

All Done :)

Still working on the video showing how its made but, here's the finished shuttle, I'm going to re-texture the wheel section when I have the time, I kind of rushed them to get it finished, but here's some photos. :D

Farquaad

Am i looking at a photograph? :D these are seriously cool along with ripsaw good job
.Will

Jesus! That is fantastic!

Wow! Just wow.

More please! Please!

:clap:
Last edited by .Will on Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MinteButtons

WOW!
That is just amazing! Well done!
It's so realistic. :clap:

I know it would take forever for a full Nemmy monster, so maybe just the bus please?
:mrgreen:
spin_doctor

[quote=""MinteButtons""]
I know it would take forever for a full Nemmy monster, so maybe just the bus please?
:mrgreen:[/quote]

I dont think I would be able to texture something like that, im nooby with textures, sorry. :cry:

On the plus side, Photo update!

mrbrightside

It's so real I feel like I'm there! Amazing dude! Amazing!
ImageImage
.Will

Wow! That is awesome. If I had one little niggle I would say that the box on the track is a little wide but apart from that it is perfect.

Well done!

:clap:
spin_doctor

[quote="".Will""]Wow! That is awesome. If I had one little niggle I would say that the box on the track is a little wide but apart from that it is perfect.

Well done!

:clap:[/quote]

Damn you! You know I'm gonna have to go ahead and reduce that now :evil:

Haha, Nah, it shouldn't take a second, thanks for the heads up :)
AltonOllie

[quote=""spin_doctor""][quote="".Will""]Wow! That is awesome. If I had one little niggle I would say that the box on the track is a little wide but apart from that it is perfect.

Well done!

:clap:[/quote]

Damn you! You know I'm gonna have to go ahead and reduce that now :evil:

Haha, Nah, it shouldn't take a second, thanks for the heads up :)[/quote]

Heads down.

This is Oblivion. 8)
.Will

I'm sorry! It does look awesome though!

:oops: