the Alton Towers Ice Show Please Bring it back to the park x

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.

ICE SHOW OR STUNT SHOW

Poll runs till Wed Jan 22, 2053 1:24 pm

ICE SHOW
55%
STUNT SHOW
10%
ICE STUNT SHOW
35%

Total votes: 20
johnbroom

would you like to see the alton towers ice show back at the Alton Towers Resort :D

---- Post Info Added ----

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

---- Post Info Added ----

the peter rabbit show was a loverly show for the hole family to enjoy for all age's was fab
Big Dave

An Ice stunt show wont really work. To have stunts and fit them in a storyline is fairly hard. Yes you can have a few bits, but to have it pretty much entirely focused on stunts wouldn't work. Whilst Im here, I have been looking at various old videos I have as well as a few videos online. Webmaster was a great show, but it was towards the end of the park's entertainment legacy and it started to get a bit cheap towards the end of its life. I will try and put a video up soon if I can.

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

Yes, a future ice show, in the old ICE SHOW tent, could bring Some of the magic back, but I see some development in that tent in the space of about halfway through the ten year plan!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
djtruefitt

I have to say I have always thought some kind of Shreak style 4D cinema might have worked well in the ice tent?

Joking aside, I would rather the tent was used for a new ride or removed and replaced with a new ride rather than a show. I know many people enjoy shows but I personally would prefer a new ride rather than a show.
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

I agree, I agree, maybe a flat would be nice.
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
mrbrightside

I do think AT needs a new show, or some form of entertainment... The Pirate show is average, and the GoGoGo show is clearly not attracting visitors as the cast go around the hotels at breakfast to drum up attendance.

Their best bet would be a show tied into a franchise, such as Shrek or something - it would be more appealing than the current offering for kids IMO.
ImageImage
Tom G

Peter Rabbit on ice was amazing.
mrbrightside

Peter Rabbit on acid would be better.
ImageImage
James

[quote=""mrbrightside""]Peter Rabbit on acid would be better.[/quote]

You spelt ice wrong. :wink:
Big Dave

Not my video obviously, but worth a post. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]

Think the park needs something a bit like this back again
Thorpefandan

That would be ideal. Magical, and perfect for children. It's just a shame that Alton Towers don't think they carry that brand image anymore. They're trying to be up-to-date and modern, hence why we have Go!Go!Go! on park. :|
It\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bob, it\'s Big Bobs radio show.

cybermen39

Hi myself more than anyone would love the ice show back. But i doubt you will get one. For a start you need at least 12 skaters it always had 10 skaters so 2 could have a day off. You had a least three none ice skaters that danced or wore costume character costumes.You need sound people, lighting people, dressers back stage, set movers,hosts in and out of the tent.You need hosts handing out flyers advertising the show around the park.Plus the expense off a new sound track costumes for every other song and dance performance. I loved the ice shows up to the first peter rabbit show but the second peter rabbit show was on a smaller scale thats when people started to not go and watch. The web master show was a complete waste of time. The ice shows 1993 and before would blow you away the dancers, the effects,the stunts, magic in them was second to none better than still some today and they payed top skaters then not school leavers that went down the local rink. And to do it you need to do it great. The go go go show and the pirate show are also poor examples to. Alton towers really need to pull there finger out on the entertaiment side of things thats what makes a good theme park and not just a ride park. But yes i would love to see the
ICE SHOW back
Big Dave

I wouldn't say Webmaster was a waste of time. I just dont think it had the right funding to be pulled off properly. The amount of cut backs that had to be made was just stupid.

An ice show should come back despite the expenses. I have already told a few members that if the park built a permanent ice rink and had ice skating lessons between shows, they could help to pay for the shows.
cybermen39

You would need a separate ice rink as i know from the past inbetween shows the cast would perfect the current show they were doing, plus all the tricks and special effects had to be put back in place for the following show. And the tent got so hot that the ice inbetween also had to be refrozen. Some days shows could not go ahead because the ice would not stay frozen long enongh. But like i would still love to see it back
Adam James

[quote=""Big Dave""]An ice show should come back despite the expenses. I have already told a few members that if the park built a permanent ice rink and had ice skating lessons between shows, they could help to pay for the shows.[/quote]
That's pretty much what the Thompsons do with their Arena at the Pleasure Beach - with ice skating sessions and a Christmas ice production to keep money coming in during the quiet months.

Would it be possible to create an access route via the back end of the tent which would mean guests could enter without walking through the park perhaps? :?
Big Dave

Heat is only a problem if the arena is not made properly. The tent they used was very poor. Too hot during summer and far too cold during winter. A proper building wouldn't have this issue. Also the skaters did use to use the ice to practice on, but Im pretty certain they could manage to have time slots to do this.
Magrathea

[quote=""Adam James""][quote=""Big Dave""]An ice show should come back despite the expenses. I have already told a few members that if the park built a permanent ice rink and had ice skating lessons between shows, they could help to pay for the shows.[/quote]
That's pretty much what the Thompsons do with their Arena at the Pleasure Beach - with ice skating sessions and a Christmas ice production to keep money coming in during the quiet months.

Would it be possible to create an access route via the back end of the tent which would mean guests could enter without walking through the park perhaps? :?[/quote]

I love the idea of ice shows continuing into the closed season. Hell, they wouldn't even need to use another access road, as the tent is so close to the park entrance, and winter events often involve the farmyard for reindeers or rides! :)

Thinking about it, even if they didn't have an ice SHOW as part of the winter lineup, using the tent as a rink for guests could be nicer than the temporary one they've been putting up.
Big Dave

If a new arena is built, I'd like to see it over by the hotels with access from the park. It means that it can easily run all year round and can be used much more easily by hotel guests. It can then form a part of the hotel entertainment.
onair

I really miss the old ice shows too.

A particular highlight was after the scarefest or fireworks shows when everyone would rush back to catch the final show. Some of later shows did suffer cut backs which did affect the experience.

My favourites were those old halloween ones. The first few shows of these they actually used real singers and it was live, some of the later showsused recordered backing vocals which was not the same.

Like others have said Alton really need to look at their current entertainment and tbh at the moment it pretty dire for the so called Uks no1 theme park.
Big Dave

Considering its the UK's number 1, you would expect it to be the best the UK can offer. Well all Im saying is, if this is the best the UK can offer, then I moving abroad :P