Rita - Shorter Straps HELP!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
James6

How come Rita has suddenly become 'too' expensive to run?

Much smaller parks seem to be able to cope with running there Intamin Accelerator.

And do we mean the black straps or the seatbelt?
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Don't_Look_Down

I can only think that this was a silly mistake. Alton wouldn't deliberately install smaller straps, would they? :?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
AstroDan

Guy, I think people are blowing this out of proportion. This is hardly Alton trying to annoy everyone, it is probably just a simple mistake which is what I was hoping to convey in the original post.

They probably don't even realise, the techies who have done it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
Moley

Fanta strikes again.

Or something.
Blaze

I think it's happened before, if not on Rita something else, Nemesis rings a bell for some reason.

Probably is just a honest mistake, unless Intamin have decided on tighter size restrictions or something.
haydn!

It's the kinda responses this topic has received that makes me think the whole "Help Us Help Alton Towers" will be a complete waste of time. There is criticising actual problems and there is Alton Towers/Merlin bashing. This is bashing!

Astrodan simply raised issue, which is likely a genuine miss-understanding/mistake and then everyone jumps on the 'another major cock up' band wagon.

If you actually expect the park to take the petition and campaign seriously then some of you need to think seriously about the way you carry yourself when commenting on, and/or representing this forum.

Rant over/

I noticed this today when riding RITA. I'm not slim jim but I've always found Rita one of the most forgiving coasters in terms of restraints! Yet today my heart jumped a beat when I nearly couldn't get the belt to fasten and there were plenty of catches left on the restraint!
.Will

I am quite stocky and tall. The main problem for me is when I have a wallet in my jeans getting the restraint over my thighs it just gets stuck. It makes riding uncomfortable. The restraint can be 3 inches off my chest yet crush my legs.

:|
AstroDan

Desert Race at Heide Park had masses more freedom than Rita for some reason (not to mention the ride was silk smooth). It would be good if Rita was the same.

marita

I remember last year when Rita's Girl said they had done this on Oblivion. people said it hadn't happened. Theres no way I can get on Rita now. Im cancelling my annual pass as this is another thing which has annoyed me in the last year.
Blaze

But Havn't they fixed it on Oblivion now and installed larger restraints?

I'm sure they'll do that with Rita if and when they realise the mistake. It's not like they're doing it on purpose, the chances are Intamin sent out the wrong size by mistake or there was a mess up at the manufacturer or Alton accidentally ordered the wrong size. It's not like Merlin/Alton are on a crusade to annoy people or anything.
longy0151

Oblivion with bigger restraints? :shock: When did this happen? I felt insecure in them in the first place! :cry:
AstroDan

Just had to swap seats on Rita. The belt was 2cm too short. On regular straps, I have 2cm of slack!

Intamin fail and embarrassing to boot!

:(

Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""AstroDan""]Just had to swap seats on Rita. The belt was 2cm too short. On regular straps, I have 2cm of slack!

Intamin fail and embarrassing to boot!

:(

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hmm, so I take it there was a decision to install smaller restrains, and not just some mess up in the ordering process?
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
AstroDan

I believe it is the manufacturer, not Alton towers. I have left some friendly feedback!

:)

haydn!

Could have been worse, you could have been asked to get off Ripsaw! Now that is embarrassing!
AstroDan

I manage rippy no trouble. Rita is just a bit of a nightmare. Must affect their throughput too.

RustyRider

Oh dear, im 6"1 and weigh 15 1/2 stone. not looking forward to that struggle next visit. :oops:

anyway, im off to thorpe park on saturday so i shall let you all know if its changed across the intamin range, i.e stealth.
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Big Dave

[quote=""haydn!""]Could have been worse, you could have been asked to get off Ripsaw! Now that is embarrassing![/quote]

I have on numerous occasions had to ask people to do the walk of shame (Btw, that was just the name it had and not that you should be ashamed you didnt fit on!). Dont like doing it, but its just the way the harnesses worked back then. Apparently the new system on Ripsaw is better and causses less issues than it did back then.
haydn!

[quote=""Big Dave""][quote=""haydn!""]Could have been worse, you could have been asked to get off Ripsaw! Now that is embarrassing![/quote]

I have on numerous occasions had to ask people to do the walk of shame (Btw, that was just the name it had and not that you should be ashamed you didnt fit on!). Dont like doing it, but its just the way the harnesses worked back then. Apparently the new system on Ripsaw is better and causses less issues than it did back then.[/quote]

It was quite possibly the most embarrassing moment ever! Though, I had ridden it about a week earlier when I last visited. This time though, the person sat next to me was of equal size and our shoulders overlapped. Unfortunately mine were at front and therefore it was my restraint which wouldn't come down!

I was more annoyed by the fact that on the queue jumper ticket I got, one of the four rides I could choose from was Ripsaw! lol
Big Dave

Yeah standard practice is to just give out a 1.4M exit pass. Also the harnesses are all different, well were. They are fixed in pairs, with odd numbered seats being further forward than even, meaning you have a tiny bit more room. I know they have done work on the harnesses though, so might have changed since.