Irritating ride music/voiceovers

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Don't_Look_Down

I was just watching a POV of Rita on Youtube, and it reminded me how much I hate that voiceover just before the ride starts "Keep your head back, hold on tight, you must escape...GO GO GO)". It sends me up the wall after the 30th time :twisted:

Thankfully, the same can't be said for Th13teen, Nemesis and Oblivion.
Oblivion beckons in T-minus five minutes, be prepared for embarkation!

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
Hark

I must admit I do believe the best dispatch audio has to be Air's. Oblivions is a little too long winded, Rita's is just awful and Sonic Spinball's you can hardly hear!
PeteB

I liked both Rita's and Spinball's old announcements, they were both much more exciting. Unfortunately though Rita's theme was just all wrong for the area. If it had been in a racing themed environment then fair enough.
AstroDan

Nemesis stupid audio in the station that clunks in and out... also Nemesis breakdown audio is completely unthemed.

I like Th13teen's dispatch audio, but I believe the best dispatch sequence on park is Air.
oldgitBEN

I used to violently hate Spinball Whizzers "woohoo what a ride" which was awful, and it followed (and I think sonic still does) with "exit to the right" erm that doesnt really work when half the car is looking the other way.
Hark

What's Th13teen's dispatch Audio?
Big Dave

It says "If you go down..." in sequence to the dispatch, but only on like every 3 dispatches.
Luce

[quote=""oldgitBEN""] I used to violently hate Spinball Whizzers "woohoo what a ride" which was awful, and it followed (and I think sonic still does) with "exit to the right" erm that doesnt really work when half the car is looking the other way. [/quote]

I used to like this announcement because it made me smile! :D

One of my favourites for some reason is the Duel lapbar announcement about minding your knees :D
oldgitBEN

it drove me mad for the time you were stood next to the speaker in the forever slow moving queue - gah! And the awful break pistons, christ that is the most aggravating ride in the park.

I do love duels, "dont touch your blasters until the safety bar has lowered" hahaha, so wrong.
djtruefitt

The American Sonic voice is the most annoying one where he just repeats the same thing over and over, espeically if you are stuck in the que for ages. I do like the due voiceovers and I also like the new Rita one more than the old one.
ryanlovesaltontowers

Currently the announcement in the air queue (where the queue splits) is annoying me as it replays the 'please use the left hand lane for your flight' and its rather loud as well.
Nightfall

Does anyone have the new audio for Rita? It'll be really useful for one of my RCT projects.

Love Airs but its normally drowned out by the general noise.

Going away from Alton Towers Dragons Fury is a favourite of mine:
"Ah you survived. Please, exit to the left."
As already been pointed out it makes no scenes
[align=center]Image[/align]
Blaze

The Nemesis 'Pop' followed by the broken, nasal, camp voiceover goes through me. Why can't they fix it and get the evil, deep, scary voice back?

Air is the best and Thirteen is pretty great, but Rita's is daft.

Spinball, both old and new, are the worst things in the world.
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""Blaze""]The Nemesis 'Pop' followed by the broken, nasal, camp voiceover goes through me. Why can't they fix it and get the evil, deep, scary voice back?
[/quote]

Like this? :wink:

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
monsterdan5

Sounds like Judith from come fly with me :?
Don't_Look_Down

[quote=""monsterdan5""]Sounds like Judith from come fly with me :?[/quote]

It certainly doesn't sound like a guy, that's for sure :mrgreen: :P

Eat, sleep, Apocalypse!
starbugger1303

I don't know why everyone dislikes Rita's voiceover. Yes it's totally irrelavent to the backstory, but I think it's quite cool and creepy.
thefatone

Pfft, the pop is after the announcement!

I love the nemmy guy, dunno why. He sounds gay in that poor recording, but he's such a relaxed happy guy compared to stern air woman. Yeah, not themed.. but memorable.. like corkscrew (same announcer) ;)
NickT04

CATCF from start to finish!
siralgenon

I love the flume's: five riders can share a bathtub, ummm cosy, it's one way to save water!

also, Hex: a tale with a twist and a vault seeled for two centuries