Second concert - 6th July 2011 - Black Eyed Peas

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Coke

Looking at the T&Cs of the 'Come Back for £18' vouchers being handed out at half term, they state
Voucher is valid 26.03.11 until 30.06.11 at Alton Towers Theme Park excluding 19.06.11 and 29.06.11
If JLS, McFly etc. concert is 19 June, is the 29 June the second concert? Who will the acts be?
Last edited by Coke on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are you thirsty?
Jordan

I've got a feeling that it might just be a single headline artist. It's probably going to be a good night though :)
JoshM

Hopefully it will be a concert with an half-decent line-up. :lol:
ThorpeParkGuru

I'm praying for Daft Punk. Daft Punk + Towers = Happy Me.
Stu

*Cough* I got a feelin... wooo hooo *cough* *cough* Whips and chains excite meeeee *cough*
Voke

I'm hoping for something a little more alternative than the last line-up. I think we can expect some kind of Rock/Pop Punk Festival?

Bands like Blink 182, would sell well on the park.
Jordan

[quote=""Stu""]*Cough* I got a feelin... wooo hooo *cough* *cough* Whips and chains excite meeeee *cough*[/quote]

Loving the subtlety here :P
Adam

Is that a clue to who the acts are or pure speculation? :wink:

I was hoping for a rock gig. Little disappointed to be honest if you are correct.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
thefatone

Iron Maiden? Bit random, but throw that one out there..
John

Going by the extremely unsubtle hints posted so far, I have even less interest in this concert than the other one :(
boredbadger

I think we all need to keep in mind that the 26th of June is Glastonbury so that will rule out a fair number of performers.
PeteB

[quote=""ThorpeParkGuru""]I'm praying for Daft Punk. Daft Punk + Towers = Happy Me.[/quote]

Lol I would love that too but towers would never be able to afford Daft Punk. They're absolutely massive, and even bigger now with their holywood success of the Tron soundtrack.
pillsburyb

[quote=""Stu""]*Cough* I got a feelin... wooo hooo *cough* *cough* Whips and chains excite meeeee *cough*[/quote]

I'll be really surprised if it's the black eyed pea's considering:

24/6/11 = Paris
25/6/11 = Paris
28/6/11 = Dusseldorf
1/7/11 = Hyde Park
Badgy

[quote=""thefatone""]Iron Maiden? Bit random, but throw that one out there..[/quote]

Unfortunately not enough capacity on park, but wouldnt it be great :)

More likely some middle of the road pop act that didnt get invited to glasto.

Badgy
WANTED - Schroedingers Cat - Dead or Alive!
walker1104

[quote=""thefatone""]Iron Maiden? Bit random, but throw that one out there..[/quote]

That would be so awesome! One of the best bands ever playing in one of the best places ever, what could be better :P
NickT04

Feeder! Franz! Foos! Killers! Snow Patrol! Now do the rest Alton :D
Happiness

It is true that there will be a second concert on the 26th June. and the potential for there to be a third the weekend after.
I also know who the acts will be for the other concerts, however i believe they still remain under top secret conditions therefore i cannot release the details
but i can tell you that they will both be bands, very big bands, and neither have been guessed in the forum so far. the first band has signed, and the second band is in the prosses of signing. i think that is all i can release.
The its man

I know that Black Sabbath should be re-grouping this year, but the chances of that s**t happening at Alton Towers would be the day when Pinfari create a coaster that's as comfortable as memory foam . I'm guessing it'll be a band or someone who will fit into the category of the others playing at the first concert (ie. people who should be performing at Thorpe Park for their target audience :P ) . Bon Jovi would be nice, but I'm not confident.
ImageImage
Screw the entrance fee, I have an annual pass!
Voke

[quote=""Happiness""]It is true that there will be a second concert on the 26th June. and the potential for there to be a third the weekend after.
I also know who the acts will be for the other concerts, however i believe they still remain under top secret conditions therefore i cannot release the details
but i can tell you that they will both be bands, very big bands, and neither have been guessed in the forum so far. the first band has signed, and the second band is in the prosses of signing. i think that is all i can release.[/quote]

Who told you that? Your sisters, bestfriends Uncle's, Nan. Abit of sourcing would be nice. :wink:

But 3 "Concerts" 3 weeks in a row? I really do doubt Alton could do that.
thefatone

They have been saying 3 concerts - so as long as they all are signed, that's gonna happen.

Three weekends of concerts is interesting though. Spose its dead where festivals are, and it targets some of the quietest weekends on park. They could definitely do it - and be pro at it by the 3rd week!