Second concert - 6th July 2011 - Black Eyed Peas

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
fredward

[quote=""Happiness""]yes it was hinted at, but then everybody went back to the idea of it being a rock or metal band.[/quote]

Thats not exactly true, and wasn't even wishful thinking... It was more of an issue about what should play but knew would never play!

I think iron maiden, muse and bon jovi, would be more then a sensible line up! :P
Blaze

Well it would certainly be the most popular line up... and because we repressent the entire population :wink: , and this is a democracy, you have no choice Alton, the people have voted for Iron Maiden, Muse and Bon Jovi! Now make it happen! :P
fredward

lets chuck in Alice Cooper, Turisas, Eluveitie, The Big 4 (Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, Anthrax) Bryan Addams, Aerosmith... and how about... Justin Beiber?
Blaze

Well after that pile of awesome we'd need someone to throw our bottles of urine at :P
fredward

I was just thinking it's a fantastic way to get rid of litter, every one throws it all at the stage so it's all in one place and therefore easy to clean up!
Blaze

I like you're thinking! :lol:
Happiness

anything but justin bieber ... pleaseeee... cant stand him

however bon jovi would be mint
bpeacock

Just had a e-mail from Towers Nerd to say that The Black Eyed Peas are performing at Alton Towers on Wednesday 6th July.
fredward

[quote=""Happiness""]anything but justin bieber ... pleaseeee... cant stand him

however bon jovi would be mint[/quote]

Just in case you were wondering, I was being sarcastic! :wink:

[quote=""bpeacock""]Just had a e-mail from Towers Nerd to say that The Black Eyed Peas are performing at Alton Towers on Wednesday 6th July.[/quote]

Sad day indeed :(
Chris W

Although it has not been publically announced that a second concert will be taking place it has been confirmed internally and to comercial partners (such as coach companies)

The original date for the second concert was the 29th of June but it has indeed now been moved back to the 6th of July.

Happiness also confirmed last week that the Black Eyed Peas would be performing.
CJH

6th July? A Wednesday in term time?
Doesn't seem like it will be a hit.
Will be no where near as busy as they will expected.
Chris 21 Manchester
Voke

[quote=""CJH""]6th July? A Wednesday in term time?
Doesn't seem like it will be a hit.
Will be no where near as busy as they will expected.[/quote]

But remember, nearly all three day festivals start on the Friday, which happens to be during term time, and they're still a massive hit! I don't think this concert is aimed at the kids as much as the Alton Towers Live festival that's happening just before.
Vik

It was mentioned some time back when the suggestions the second concert would be on a weekday, that many other gigs take place during a weekday and are well attended. Maybe Altons location may have a slight negative impact on numbers attending compared to gigs held in City Centre locations, but I doubt a mid week date would of been chosen if it was thought it would have a major negative impact in the number of people attending.
Sent from my ZX81 via Time Travel

Blaze

[quote=""Voke""]I don't think this concert is aimed at the kids as much as the Alton Towers Live festival that's happening just before.[/quote]
Happiness also confirmed last week that the Black Eyed Peas would be performing.[/quote]
Somehow I think this is for exactly the same audience. ;)

Disapointing.
Wes

Awesome! The Black Eyed Peas are not only huge in the UK, but the US too.

You can't deny that they have brought out some actual killer catchy tunes!

Well done Towers :D
AstroDan

Disappointed it's on a Week Day. Not to mention, July is often full of high school groups with a hideous atmosphere on park. Although with the academic year not finishing till July 27th this year, I guess this date is pretty early.
James

This date is ideal for people like me who finish in May/June.

Good group to choose though, the Black Eyed Peas are a big hit here and no doubt they will receive a good amount of guests too. While it's not ideal for those that work Monday-Friday the main target audience for this will be teens (the majority being students who have just finished their GCSEs/A Levels).
AstroDan

Black Eyed Peas are probably the most popular group at the primary school at which I work, and have been for a few years now - if you're local it's great but I doubt as many people will be able to combine a theme park day out and the concert.

I hope they are doing concert only tickets for this one. Not that I will be attending anyway!
fredward

[quote=""Wes""]
You can't deny that they have brought out some actual killer catchy tunes!
[/quote]

I most definitely can!

Ok, i'm sorry guys, i'll stop flaming concerts at Towers... honestly... I think i'll just stay away from this thread! :)
Blaze

The next time I hear I Gotta Feeling, someone may die. It's one of the most infuriating songs I've heard in recent years this side of Gaga. Might just follow suit and stay out.