New Resort Branding 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
thefatone

Perhaps so. But I don't think the branding is becoming merliny in the way of the late tussauds era.

Remember the late tussauds era of every donut shop looking the same, no areas having area specific branding? We've moved away from that with ripsaw cafe having ripsaw style branding, whereas the other refresh at spinball is.. different (though as far as i'm aware, still in the poor refresh branding? - maybe not the best to compare!)
siralgenon

I agree this year the resort and its marketing does seem to have lost it's magic. I have seen some more of this years marketing pics and I can tell you now they are knowhere near as good as 2009/10.
CoasterCrazyChris

Personally, whilst the Merlin Alton stuff has been better that the 2007 park branding, the current marketing I feel is actually more in line with what you would expect from Chessington and not the creme de la creme of UK theme parks like Alton Towers.

:)
monsterdan5

[quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Personally, whilst the Merlin Alton stuff has been better that the 2007 park branding, the current marketing I feel is actually more in line with what you would expect from Chessington and not the creme de la creme of UK theme parks like Alton Towers.

:)[/quote]

:O Chessington, like that... never!
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""monsterdan5""][quote=""CoasterCrazyChris""]Personally, whilst the Merlin Alton stuff has been better that the 2007 park branding, the current marketing I feel is actually more in line with what you would expect from Chessington and not the creme de la creme of UK theme parks like Alton Towers.

:)[/quote]

:O Chessington, like that... never![/quote]

Well, by that I mean family marketing, but more aimed towards kids which is what Alton's is like now but it shouldn't be because Chessie's market is families with younger kids whereas Alton is all the family.

:)
monsterdan5

Yeah I think its a little TOO childish at the moment, they need to show its for kids and for adults maybe by having two different sides to it
siralgenon

like I said wait untill you see this year's main picture, it looks like something out of Toy Land!
Blaze

Well last year they had a family image, but they also had the other image with the SWs on, and it was all dark and hard, so it's not hard to imagine they'll do something similar this year.
siralgenon

well the one i've seen has a few thrill rides on but they have like bright pink, red & blue trackes it also looks like its been atacked by a crowbar lol
NickT04

As long as it's not plastered all over my Annual Pass. Would hate to live with it for a year!
ryanlovesaltontowers

is there any chance we could see this promotional picture your talking of siralgenon? Or the whereabouts of the picture to see for ourselves?
siralgenon

I would honestly love to put it on here for all of you to see but its my friend who gave it me for my project and they asked me to not put it online. It is the main picture equivelent to last years with the rides coming out of The Towers. I presume it will be on the new brochure.

What I can tell you is its knowhere near as good as last years.

sorry.
Last edited by siralgenon on Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ryanlovesaltontowers

would it be slightly similar to the February half term logo? But with the ride coming out of the towers instead?
Voke

As it's a family year I'm sure they'd resort to "childish" promotional imaging. I wouldn't be surprised if they focus more on all the family rides in the Park, probably removing TH13TEEN's logo from the map?
siralgenon

[quote=""ryanlovesaltontowers""]would it be slightly similar to the February half term logo? But with the ride coming out of the towers instead?[/quote]

Not realy, you could say its like a simple version of the 2009 Towers picture, but looks like its been squashed like on the "Despicable Me" pic with a few rides coming out "not as many as previous years".
James

I personally don't see any faults with the new style. It fits in with the new family image and promotes the resort well, it's a good way to move on with the marketing of the resort. It fun, bright, stands out.. I can even imagine how awesome the 'Escape' writing could look animated, for the website, or adverts. :D
siralgenon

Don't forget that you have only seen a two very small pics
Blaze

Apart from what they did to the Towers, I can't fault it. They look too cartoony and silly, a bit too look at me, but everything else looks nice.
siralgenon

I'm not too bothered about what they did to The Towers it's what they've put around them that I think is the problem.

But I'm not guna say anything else.
Voke

I'm intrigued. What have they done with The Towers? Didn't quite get the post where you explained it :P

Probably just me :|