2011: Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Benzin

[quote=""Vladimir Bobinski""]Hmm, I wondered why the road going in from Alton was dead this morning, ignoring the hotel car park I've coutnted around 40 cars tops, and it's half nine already. :o

Here's hoping for it to warm up soon.[/quote]

Erm, it IS term time now... Every uni in the local area is now back, so of course it's going to be dead midweek...
Vladimir Bobinski

Why do you think I went yesterday lol. I'm used to it being nice and quiet. But that was just eerie.

There is a level of quiet where you don't see a single car on the way in from Uttoxeter after JCB and the first sign of life you see is a car park attendant at the bay you are parking in, next to the monorail station. I've never walked onto Nemesis with only 10 people waiting in the bays. In some ways the place lost it's vibe.

The reason for my post was encouragement to anyone thinking about going this week before fright fest.
siralgenon

*Scarefest :wink:

I know what you mean I hate to see the park empty it's like a completely different place - I think a lot of the excitement comes from other people.
RustyRider

I know what you mean, it was dead when I visited on 20th sept. I literally walked onto the front row of nemmy and had to wait while they filled the trains up, as everyone wanted front row!

Also might I add that the trims on 13's drop and bunny hops where awful!! I literally felt like I was being pulled back it near as damn it stopped on the first drop. After really enjoying my first two rides last season, I left disappointed and It dropped down to the bottom of my top 5!
Ladies and Gentlemen, our first SuperHero TTFer :D - Magrathea.
Coaster_Dude

Out of curiosity, does anyone know at what point this season Air got a load of 'mind your head' signs, etc.? I have to hold my hand up and say I managed to smack my head on the bare metal locking rings on the crafts (the bits that are now painted yellow). I didn't say anything at the time (although I did manage to do it right in front of a member of staff), so I'm assuming someone else has done the same and kicked up a fuss.
thefatone

They got them (and painted sections yellow) in around July this year.

It's just a preventative measure, to try and reduce the amount of people walking into them - as it is a very common occurance (I'm sure many on here have accidently walked into them before - I know I have!)
siralgenon

Just a few quick updates:

-The Resort are now offering new voucher booklets (Gold & Silver Packages) for Resort Restaurants, Shops etc. http://www.altontowers.com/events/where ... -vouchers/

-Just received an email from Reservations after booking a break at the hotels, and it looks like they are now offering a 3 day combined ticket for the parks (2 days Theme Park, 1 Day Waterpark) offering guests a longer time at the resort.
djtruefitt

The unlimited daily refilled drink cups are now only £5 per day (compared to the usual £6) until the end of the season!
The Psychoaster

[quote=""djtruefitt""]The unlimited daily refilled drink cups are now only £5 per day (compared to the usual £6) until the end of the season![/quote]

Yeah, "daily" :wink:
Magrathea

In other news, Courtyard Tavern BBQ is now running a "special menu" (and will be for the rest of the season).

This essentially means that the menu's been stripped down to three items: Cheese Burger, Peri Chicken, Falafel Burger, with kids reduced to Chicken Goujons or Veggie Sausages. There are, however, a couple of specials being advertised near the till, and in happier news garlic bread has now become a permanent menu fixture :D.
djtruefitt

We better start a 2012 discussion soon!

A couple of things I have noticed on the Alton website which I think are fairly new, there is now an opening times page for 2012 for the theme park and waterpark. I have to say it looks much nicer than the one they had for 2012 which was all in different colours and stuff, this one is much easior to use.

Currently it only has the Feb half term opening hours for the theme park, but it does have opening hours for the water park for the whole of next year. Im guessing they could change, but if you want to view them you can do so here: http://www.altontowers.com/events/openi ... erpark-mar

Secondly I notice this text at the top:

"Special offer... Free Early Ride Time when you book online!
For a limited time only, if you book Theme Park tickets directly from Altontowers.com you'll receive FREE Early Ride Time"

The thing that jumps out at me is the bit I have put in bold, could this mean ERT will be an paid added extra next year?
siralgenon

djtruefitt wrote: We better start a 2012 discussion soon!

A couple of things I have noticed on the Alton website which I think are fairly new, there is now an opening times page for 2012 for the theme park and waterpark. I have to say it looks much nicer than the one they had for 2012 which was all in different colours and stuff, this one is much easior to use.

Currently it only has the Feb half term opening hours for the theme park, but it does have opening hours for the water park for the whole of next year. Im guessing they could change, but if you want to view them you can do so here: http://www.altontowers.com/events/openi ... erpark-mar

Secondly I notice this text at the top:

"Special offer... Free Early Ride Time when you book online!
For a limited time only, if you book Theme Park tickets directly from Altontowers.com you'll receive FREE Early Ride Time"

The thing that jumps out at me is the bit I have put in bold, could this mean ERT will be an paid added extra next year?
I hope so! Soon they'll start giving free ERT if you buy tickets at the park!  ;)  :roll:
siralgenon

The Interactive page on altontowers.com, has been updated with christmas wallpapers and more games including the puch loved Battle Galleons game  :D http://www.altontowers.com/interactive/downloads/