Quick Questions 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

A new year and so a new Quick Questions topic, now wrapped up on the international stage as "QQ2011". For those of you who don't know, here's the lowdown:

What's this all about then?
The Quick Questions topic is designed to do exactly what it says on the tin. If you've got a question that doesn't really need much discussion, more a quick one post answer, then post it in here and one of our ever-friendly and most very attractive members will try and respond with an answer.

It's to try and keep things a bit more tidy and clutter free so that important discussion topics stay neatly on one page.

Useful links

The Official Alton Towers Resort Website
Contains official information about your stay or day visit

TowersTimes News
Frequently updated with the latest news from Alton Towers Resort

TowersTimes
A link to our main home page - the best Alton Towers source in the world!

DON'T FORGET

We have a great deal of information on park opening times, public transport access information and more in our Alton Towers Trip Planning thread - find it here

:D
Emrys

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew if park tickets are included with Hotel rooms for Febuary half term? Tried to book online and the only extra tickets available where water park tickets. However the actual room booking only said 'Bed and Breakfast.' Was a little confused.

Thanks
James

Hmm, that's strange. Hotels tickets are never included with the hotel room, they are a extra charge. On "Step 3, Add Additional Items" half term tickets should be showing up on there. What web page are you using to book the hotel room and theme park tickets?
Emrys

It may have changed since yesterday, but it was only displaying all the family and single tickets for the waterpark. Was a little frustrating as the price wasn't at all bad.

Im using IE, should I try it with FF?
James

Try this web page and see if it works: [url=https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]https://www.altontowers.com/book-hotel/step-1/[/url]

If there's still a problem I doubt it would be anything to do with your web browser, just a problem on Alton Towers part.

You could also just give them a ring and book a stay at the hotels with tickets if problems booking online still persist: 0871 222 1100
Hark

I'd recommend calling the Alton Towers Hotel booking line and doing it over the phone, the website can sometimes be a wee bit temperamental.

0871 222 1100
dmmosh1

hey can you go to flambos for the lunch or evening buffet if your not staying at the hotel and if you can can you use MAP discount thanks x
Alex Tyler
Location: Air, Forbidden Valley, Alton Towers, Alton, Staffordshire, ST10 4DB

Yes to lunch and MAP discount, i don't no about evening.
Last edited by Alex Tyler on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaycee

[quote=""dmmosh1""]hey can you go to flambos for the lunch or evening buffet if your not staying at the hotel and if you can can you use MAP discount thanks x[/quote]

Regarding the evening buffet at Flambo's, I believe you have to dine before 6pm if you are a non-resident... But yes, you can get MAP discount!
Emrys

Thanks for the help guys. It's still not there as an additional option so I think I may have to buy it seperatley. Does Alton Towers do 2 day tickets for half term as we'll be there Friday to Sunday. Also do they have a policy on fancy dress? We'd like to go as where's wally.

Sorry for all the questions.
Hark

[quote=""Emrys""]Thanks for the help guys. It's still not there as an additional option so I think I may have to buy it seperatley. Does Alton Towers do 2 day tickets for half term as we'll be there Friday to Sunday. Also do they have a policy on fancy dress? We'd like to go as where's wally.

Sorry for all the questions.[/quote]

The best way would be to call them up, if not just book on arrival if you can't do it online but this may be more expensive. You can buy a Towers2 ticket for I believe £9, ask at Sales & Information.

Fancy dress is fine. However masks can't be worn for Health & Safety & Child Protection reasons.
Elliot

Going by past years, when will the ERT rides for the 2011 rides be announced?
Coke

Just after February Half Term

Are you thirsty?
MinteButtons

I know Blue Peter Passes can be used, but does anyone know if they can be used during February half term?

Thought I'd ask here before I ring Alton. :)
Hark

[quote=""MinteButtons""]I know Blue Peter Passes can be used, but does anyone know if they can be used during February half term?

Thought I'd ask here before I ring Alton. :)[/quote]

No idea what they are i'm afraid :( Either ring Alton and ask or someone else may know :)
Ritadz

If you mean Merlin/Alton annual passes, then yes you can use them for Feb half term, if not then i'm afraid i can't help.
DiogoJ42

Do you mean does the phrase "And Blue Peter Badge winners can get in for free" apply to Alton? As far as I know, the sacred blue badge [or green, silver, gold etc] should allow free entry to any day out featured on Blue Peter over the last million or so years (however long it's been going).
I believe they now have some sort of ID card. [spoiler:1e7h9a92]That would be because of someone who went to uni with Kelpie and now works with me, being a very stupid :censored: ... But I probably shouldn't mention that. :sus:[/spoiler:1e7h9a92]

There might be a list of attractions on the BP website. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid for half term. Thorpe Fright Nights might be a different story though. :P
MinteButtons

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Do you mean does the phrase "And Blue Peter Badge winners can get in for free" apply to Alton? As far as I know, the sacred blue badge [or green, silver, gold etc] should allow free entry to any day out featured on Blue Peter over the last million or so years (however long it's been going).
I believe they now have some sort of ID card. [spoiler:3ntusx32]That would be because of someone who went to uni with Kelpie and now works with me, being a very stupid :censored: ... But I probably shouldn't mention that. :sus:[/spoiler:3ntusx32]

There might be a list of attractions on the BP website. I can't see why it wouldn't be valid for half term. Thorpe Fright Nights might be a different story though. :P[/quote]

Brilliant, thank you!
I might be able to make the half term meet now. :P Mmmm. (Fingers crossed) £10 entry!
Not quite as good as free, but a MAP'S too expensive. :(
Ritadz

Where can i find the SW6 theme concept images. Not the 13 plans, i mean those images of Dark Forest, Racing, Machine etc. themes from 2008/09 that where considered for 13. Does anyone know where abouts they are?
.Will

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 50&start=0

Second post down, made by James, in the spoilers tag.

http://gallery.towersalmanac.com/thumbn ... ?album=522

Entrance concept.

http://gallery.towersalmanac.com/thumbn ... ?album=521

The visual of the station is on there if you scroll down past the plans.

That is about it, but I will have another look later.

:D