Ultimate Fireworks 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mathmosman

VisitStoke.com has just added two Towers events to their website (seen via an Events link on Facebook).

Scarefest is detailed as taking place from Saturday 15th October 2011...

Ultimate Fireworks are detailed as taking place on the 4th, 5th & 6th November 2011
[Archive]

I am extremely glad to hear that the [s:2k661uqa]Ultimate[/s:2k661uqa] Fireworks are returning! Good move!
SLC

I think my dads taking me to Thorpe Park at Halloween :x

But its nice to know that everything's returning this year, should be great.
Tom G

Good news.
crofty2009

Hope these events are going to come to fruition, I definitely know Scarefest will return, but can Alton Towers top that fantastic fireworks display for their 30th birthday?

What about the rummer that Terror of the Towers might be coming back in some form as a permanent feature attraction? Will this ultimately affect the special attraction value of Scarefest? :?:
Last edited by crofty2009 on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeteB

[quote=""crofty2009""]can alton towers top that fantastic fireworks display for their 30th birthday[/quote]

Yes, its been done plenty of times before. :roll:
Voke

[quote=""crofty2009""]What about the rummer that Terror of the Towers might be coming back in some form as a permanent feature attraction? Will this ultimately affect the special attraction value of Scarefest? :?:[/quote]

Just a rumour that started when someone was declined access to a tour around The Towers. Really do doubt this'll be a permanent attraction, unless it'll be part of "The Dungeons" Corporation. It seems as if a 4D Cinema, or the Nick building revamp will be a likely new attraction for next year.
mcivkev

whilst I am glad the fireworks are back, i was a little disapointed with them last year, the music mixing wasnt the best (especially since i am a DJ - could spot many flaws)

The finale had no powerful bangs to round it off and when they did finish no-one was sure if indeed that was it.

So i hope theres more but why not bring back Dr. Pop Rocket.
FDS Website & Media Design
Themeparksandy1981

Its gonna be hard to beat the Oblivion display in 98. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
PeteB

[quote=""Themeparksandy1981""]Its gonna be hard to beat the Oblivion display in 98. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url][/quote]

1998 was good but not the best. I dont think they'll ever beat the standards of 2001 and 2003.

The 2010 Th13teen display could have been EPIC if it was just all about Th13teen throughout the whole display, and if they'd used the projection screens/story telling, which was a big miss IMO. Fingers crossed for 2011 though.

Magic is all about story telling.
Spike
Location: Curled up in Nemmies claws. Sound asleep and purring like a kitten.

[quote=""Themeparksandy1981""]Its gonna be hard to beat the Oblivion display in 98. [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url][/quote]

I can't see how that is the best really, the fireworks are lazy and repeatative and the videos-although clever in parts- were mostly cheesey. I did however like the use of Independace & Mars Attacks music but I can't agree that they are the best by a long way. 2010s were the best in my view, very well thought out.
MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!! >:O
*Honest Cint!*
AstroDan

I saw two sets in the early/mid 1990's, which I remember were awesome - but they all start to blur into one. I did enjoy Electric Towers, but feel that the Saturday/Sunday of 2010's fireworks, at least - were better than that.

All I would like is perhaps a story for 2011, linked to Alton Towers itself. And I do miss the water projections.

:)
oldgitBEN

I saw a few in the 90s and loved them, but the ones before they got cancelled were awful.

Does anyone remember Dr Pop Rocket? with a ridiculous story about Rita taking him all over the world :roll:
Or the one in 2008 (i think) where they had a kids party balloon as a projector and a 'generic' computer soundwave in black and green as an evil force #-o

Im not a big fan of fireworks anyway, theres only so many bangs and coloured flashes you can watch - the best thing about alton fireworks is the park atmosphere, its positively buzzing.
James

[quote=""oldgitBEN""] Or the one in 2008 (i think) where they had a kids party balloon as a projector and a 'generic' computer soundwave in black and green as an evil force #-o [/quote]
That would be Electric Towers in 2006.

Out of all the fireworks I remember watching one as a child with a Wizard storyline? Something to do with dragons and fo shizzle. :P All I can remember is loving the fire effects and just it being the most "magical" display.

Dr Pop Rocket were my favorite ones. Even though there were incredibly cheesy, Rita as a time machine isit? I did love them and found those the most entertaining.

Hope to get myself to the 2011 fireworks, haven't seen one in the flesh since 2005, have missed the shows dearly, the setting at Alton is unbeatable.
PeteB

[quote=""James""][quote=""oldgitBEN""] Or the one in 2008 (i think) where they had a kids party balloon as a projector and a 'generic' computer soundwave in black and green as an evil force #-o [/quote]
That would be Electric Towers in 2006.

Out of all the fireworks I remember watching one as a child with a Wizard storyline? Something to do with dragons and fo shizzle. :P All I can remember is loving the fire effects and just it being the most "magical" display.

Dr Pop Rocket were my favorite ones. Even though there were incredibly cheesy, Rita as a time machine isit? I did love them and found those the most entertaining.

Hope to get myself to the 2011 fireworks, haven't seen one in the flesh since 2005, have missed the shows dearly, the setting at Alton is unbeatable.[/quote]

The wizard one was 2001, and yes the explosions on the waterfront were a nice effect that year. It was probably the most "magical" of all the displays but whether or not that makes it the best I can't decide.

Dr Pop Rocket's time travel was 2004 and his Rita-Instant-Teleportation thing was 2005 where he went all over the world in a split second. Cheesy, but fun.

Just realised as well that 2010 was also missing the dancing flame projectors which made an appearance at nearly every recent show.
Adam

I really missed the dancing fire last year. That makes the shows for me usually. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing but I did miss them.

I did hear they cost an absolute fortune to run and hire though, may have been a factor.
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
PeteB

[quote="".Adam""]I really missed the dancing fire last year. That makes the shows for me usually. Don't get me wrong, it was still amazing but I did miss them.

I did hear they cost an absolute fortune to run and hire though, may have been a factor.[/quote]

They're actually quite cheap. Cheaper than laser hire. :wink:
Mr P

Going back to Scarefest, I was listening to some Doctor Who music (Specifically the Cyberman suite of music) and it screame dout to me "Air at Scarefest"

I know most of you will shun the idea, but I'm gonna run with it:

Cybermen on patrol around the area, guarding the queueline, and announcements about regarding the upgrading of guests as they board the crafts. It would definaterly add something to the event. And with Doctor Who being so popular, I have no doubt something like that would bring in a few extra punters too! I know it's not the greatest idea in the world, but it's just a thought.

:D
Nightfall

Love it. Sounds fun. Be great if they could get the weeping angels in Th13teens crypt as well.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Voke

Hopefully 2011 will bet he year of another "4/5 Star" Maze on the park. Terror Of The Tower's -however brilliant it is- is not sufficient enough to be the Parks itself only maze, there is plenty of room around the park!

Surely funding wouldn't get in the way, after last years extremely large visitor numbers.