Things people say about AT that you really hate!

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Rowe

A few of my personal favourites that make me simultaneously chuckle and groan:

"I think that's Duel!" - pointing at the Towers

"Alton Towers is ace, I LOVE Nemesis Inferno and SAW!" - a lower school student from Sixth Form

"Ohmygawsh is this actually part of the castle?" - walking down the corridor to the Hex Vault
monsterdan5

Everyone I went with thought someone died on black hole as they fell out on "the bit where it goes into that giant hole in the middle" :!:
Khanage

[quote=""Rowe""]

"Ohmygawsh is this actually part of the castle?" - walking down the corridor to the Hex Vault[/quote]

Surely that's the idea though? :)
Thanks to Adzy for the sig & av.

Rowe

[quote=""Khanage""][quote=""Rowe""]

"Ohmygawsh is this actually part of the castle?" - walking down the corridor to the Hex Vault[/quote]

Surely that's the idea though? :)[/quote]

Pretty much but I still found it amusing at the time as the person genuinely believed the Vault to be real as well as the rest of Hex. Actually, this comes across into heartwarming because the ride did the trick of belief suspension!
[Archive]

Here's a conversation I overheard and briefly joined in with whilst riding Hex:

Entering the Towers in the queue.

Boy1: I'm only 20 seconds in and I am already sh*t bored.
Boy2: So is it actually a rollercoaster in the dark?
Boy1: If this is meant to be scary it is epically failing.

In the cinema room, the preshow video begins to play.

Boy1: Ok, I don't need a history lesson.
Voice over man on video: ...Suddenly, and mysteriously, died.
Boy2: Huhuh, no one gives a sh*t.

Walking out of the cinema room.

Girl1: Huhuh, is that it?
Peter: No, that is not it.
Girl1: (to Girl2) Huhuh, that guy was like "No, that is not it".
Peter: You probably won't enjoy this ride, by the sounds of it.
Girl2: Huhuh.

In the vault.

All: Whreojfaifh?!?!

Very nearly ruined my Hex experience, to be honest. :roll:
Luce

That's one of the things that annoys me about Hex - when silly people start talking and they spoil my enjoyment of the whole experience. Even though I've been on it loads of times it still irritates me when this happens :)
James

I understand why some people can find the story a bit boring, but it'd be nice if they were considerate enough to be quiet. Back in April there were some chav's in the cinema room playing Umbrella by Rihanna. :roll:

If you're not liking a ride experience just tolerate with it for a few minutes of your life and don't go ruining it for others, really annoys me.
MattH

I was the same when i got to experience Hex, unfortunately, the people i was with thought it would be funny to light the cinema room up with a mobile phone, and try and scare people in the octagon, but lets just say, they got their just desserts in the vault, i think they all shat themselves :P
Tom G

Worsist could be "we bought a fast track" actually!
A5H

When I went with my 2 friends in April, we were sat near the frog fountains at the end of the day and he was in a bit of a tired mood and he turned around and said
"I wish they'd turn off this **** music!" (Towers Street Music)

:shock:
I actually said to him "Shut up and stop being a miserable git, it's theme music and it gives the area a more magical feel, it would be boring without music,"
To which he responded "There is annoying music in all the different areas and on all the different rides, there's no need for it"
To which I responded "Shut. Up." :P

He also said in the queue for Nemesis inside the station
"WTF is with this freaky crap music?!"
To which I *ignored* :)
Blaze

Taste. He has lack of. [-X

I hate people like that on Hex. What's the point? OK, It's learly too subtle and inteligent for some idiots, but they arn't exactly going to help themselves enjoy it if they mess around, are they? They shouldn't other entering Hex if they arn't going to actully listen and pay attetion.

I was lucky last time, behind me were chav kids who I thought would ruin it, but they actually shut up and listened to the videos and the vault, and it made everyone's experience so much better.
monsterdan5

Yeah I hate it when people do that^!
Rollercoaster5000

That happened when I visited Alton a few years ago when a mate called the music at Alton 'cr*p' after hearing the Towers Street music and that the music has been put together quicly by a man on a keyboard :roll:. After hearing the music on Air he then turned around and said that he likes the music completely contradicting himself earlier. I say to him that 'I thought you said the music was rubbish'. His response is that 'it's good sometimes' #-o.

This example happened at Pleasure Beach a few weeks after...with the same friends as before.
We walk past Infusion and one of my friends said 'that's supposed to be their Nemesis' :shock:! Calling an off the shelf SLC their version of Nemesis is surely an insult to Towers, B&M and John Wardley!
Last edited by Rollercoaster5000 on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valentez

Given time I could think of many more but off the top of my head would be...

- When people pretend to be some sort of expert to their friends in a rides queue and come out with some pretty outlandish remarks, sometimes it's funny to a degree and maybe I'm being a tad harsh but it really get's on my wick!

- People who put "The" in front of certain ride names, such as "The" Nemesis and "The" Oblivion.
Blaze

Unless they say "The Blade". That's just win! :P
PeteB

On the subject of "the", I have one idiot friend who says "The Air" - which is totally stupid cos it makes even less sense than The Nemesis or The Oblivion

...and yes, I've heard people saying "The Thirteen".

Why is society filled with so many morons? :roll:
[Archive]

What makes saying "the air" less sensical? The word 'air' is a noun, whereas most of the others, like 'nemesis' and 'oblivion', are all abstract nouns. So, if anything, saying "The Air" makes more sense than "The Oblivion", for example. "Flying on 'the air'".

Also, I really fail to see how placing an article in front of the name is so irritating. Sure, it completely changes the effect of he name and puts it in a slightly different context. However, is it really that bad?
Zylos

Not that I really 'hate' but;

Coming out of Hex, and hearing someone within the group saying 'Huh..So.Did we go upside down then?'

Then having to talk them through how it works. :P
Muay Thai, MMA, Dubstep, Photography and drumming.
wburgess

Why would you explain to them how it works?

Admittedly gravity makes it a ridiculous question, but what makes you think it's up to you to spoil someones magic. Let them wonder if they went upside down or not, it's one of the things that will stick with them.

This conversation is annoying me greatly. Yes we are enthusiasts and we like things to be said properly, but correcting people in the park, when it's someone you don't know... What a way so spoil the magic!
henry96

*Queueing for Rita*

'Yeah it goes 100mph'
'Really? Doesn't look like it..'
'Oh, maybe they slowed it down for the rain'

*Around X-Sector*

'That oblivion looks crap, Saw goes even more than vertical and has loops and stuff'
#-o