Peter Dickson - the voice of Hex?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom G

According to this Daily Mail (boo) article, the X Factor/E4 voiceover man is the voice of Hex: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ckson.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/artic ... ckson.html[/url]

If he is a voice actor than I accept he would be capable of putting on different voices quite well, but I can't help but think that this is mistake? It sounds nothing like him or his tone of voice.

Or has the voice changed since opening? I onlt went on Hex for the first time this year.
Adam

No it's not wrong, He is the voice of Hex. :)
"It would be spiteful to put Jellyfish in a trifle..."
Tom G

Quite talented at disguising his voice then.

Who is the voice of Rita (now), Thirteen and The Flume - anyone know?
Dormiens-Dave

[quote=""Tom Green""]Quite talented at disguising his voice then.

Who is the voice of Rita (now), Thirteen and The Flume - anyone know?[/quote]

Probably the cleaner at Merlin Studios
Chaz

Mon dieu!

I can never hear "a vault sealed for two centuries" in the same way again.

What a talent! Good find.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Mr P

Sorry to burst the bubble guys, but the voice of Hex is Gabriel Woolf.
Peter Dickinson only did the emergency announcements for Hex,such as "Attention, Staff Code A"
Tom G

^ Sounds more likely to me!

Can anyone CONFIRM the original Rita voice was Tiff Needell? I know it said it was on Wikipedia and it sounds like him but was this ever confirmed by anyone at the park?

The voice of The Flume sounds a bit like Vicki Butler-Henderson (also from Fifth Gear) to me.

And is the NEW Rita voice the same voice as the Thirteen breakdown announcements?
[Archive]

I think it states somewhere on Peter Dickinson's website (here) that he has worked for Alton Towers, I saw it a few months ago. But I have known this since I rode Hex, it is clearly his voice. I recognised it by ear. Pretty certain that it is him.
towers freak

Im going to end this once and for all, the voice of Hex is Jim Carter and not Peter Dickson or Gabriel Woolf. I can prove this because anyone who has watched The Story Of Alton Towers DVD will know the voice of the earl is credited to Jim Carter and the voice is exactly the same as the voice narrating Hex
[Archive]

According to other parts of the internet that I had previously missed, you are correct. :D
bigblade40

[quote=""Peter Dickson's Iphone app""]Peter is also the scary voice of Hex - the legend of the towers, the ride at britains premier theme park Alton Towers... [/quote]

This is written in the about Peter biography section of the App.
bigblade40
Mr P

I think the thing is, Peter Dickenson was the original voice of Hex, during the short-lived original films. But, with the Change to the Hex we see today, his voice was lost, relegated to the certain ride annoucements (Trust me, when you here them , you can tell they are The Voiceover Man).
If you find the episode of Dr Who with The Beast (Impossible Planet and Satan's Pit) you will here Mr Woolf, and it is unquestionable his voice.
[Archive]

Ah! I think you've got it!

Wow, "original Hex" becomes ever more mysterious. I would love to know more about it. It has always seemed to me that the ride as it is currently is and always has been Hex. Being told this is actually the second version has really thrown a spanner in the works. It hasn't obviously been changed like Duel, which means clues are much more tricky to find.
Blaze

The Hex video is the third version, isn't it?
Rowe

Right, I just put on The Impossible Planet episode of Doctor Who, thanks to Mr P's suggestion of Gabriel Woolf, and I find there is a remarkable similarity between the voice of The Beast and the voice of the Narrator. There was also a similarity in a brief clip from the Pyramid of Mars, which was at least 25 years ago.
Thus my new belief it's Gabriel Woolf on the current version and that it was Peter Dickson on the first version.

If someone could put up a link/upload of a clip from The Story of Alton Towers about this Jim Carter fellow AND anything else about Hex, then that would be totally helpful as to this brain racking search.
Chris W

I've quickly uploaded the first part of The Story of Alton Towers DVD. Hope it has what you are looking for Rowe. :)

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url] (Should be online, but might still be processing)

Sky Sports also used a Hex-style voice for their cricket coverage a few years ago, I have no idea who did the voice though.
NickT04

MICHEAL MCINTYRE. Sorry nothing to do with this thread at all, I just like reliving the moment when Peter Dickinson said this on Chris Moyles Quiz Night.
Tom G

The voice in that video is definitely the current voice of Hex.
Ritadz

Is the 13 boarding voice "Please sit to the right" and the Scarefest 13 after dark announcement the same person as Rita's "Keep your heads back, hold on tight..."?
Martin.C

[quote=""Ritadz""]Is the 13 boarding voice "Please sit to the right" and the Scarefest 13 after dark announcement the same person as Rita's "Keep your heads back, hold on tight..."?[/quote]
I thought Th13teen's one when the train comes in the station was "Exit to the right", not "sit".

I believe the boarding announcement is something like "Take your seats, pull down the lap bar and keep your arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times and hold on tightly, at all times".
Please correct me if I'm wrong!

Yes, the same voice does do both the Th13teen and Rita announcements.