Alton Towers Recruitment 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
TheQueen

For all those who may be interested in applying for a job at the Alton Towers Resort in 2011 - There are some Job Vacancies already online for roles such as Ride Hosts/Operators, Welcome, Retail etc.

Anyone thinking of applying this year?

More Information:
[url=http://www.peoplebank.com/pbank/owa/Tussaud.AltonTowers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.peoplebank.com/pbank/owa/Tussaud.AltonTowers[/url]
Ruleee Britannia!!
cmpunk771

I might try and Get a job as a lifeguard, already been working as one for 2 years
Voke

Can't apply this year as i'm too young. But i'm hoping i'll be able to get a job at Alton while im at college. Does anyone know if this is possible?
TheQueen

[quote=""Voke""]Can't apply this year as i'm too young. But i'm hoping i'll be able to get a job at Alton while im at college. Does anyone know if this is possible?[/quote]

Very unlikely - It would depend what you want to do - For a Ride Host you won't be able to Apply until you are 16 years of age.
Ruleee Britannia!!
James

[quote=""Voke""]Can't apply this year as i'm too young. But i'm hoping i'll be able to get a job at Alton while im at college. Does anyone know if this is possible?[/quote]

Yeah, it's possible, quite a lot of college/6th Form students do part time work at Alton. :)
Voke

By Part-time do you mean weekends?
James

Yep, Alton do employ people on just weekends, all you'd need to do is put on your availability sheet that you can only work Saturdays and Sundays. :)

I would love to work at Alton on weekends, but I doubt waking up at 2-3am and getting home at 11pm-Midnight would do me any good. :P I do hope though to work at Alton full time for a season or two, may be for a gap year or just before I jump into a career.
Voke

Oh okay, this seems very promising! Will have to consider doing this, in about a year or so :D

Thanks everyone!
Scott

You can work at towers during weekends only, I did it for six weeks at the back end of 2007, although in that time I did a few Tuesday's aswell but only because it was my day off college.
Number ONE for Pleasure Beach Blackpool;
[url=http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com\" onclick=\"window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.pleasurebeachexperience.com[/url]
Jonathan1992

Hey,

I have an Interview next Tuesday 1.30pm at Magic HQ

Applied for Thrill Ride Op and got phone call few days back.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview/group tasks?

Fingers crossed this time next week my contact will be in the post for 2011 season [-o<

Jonathan
The Rev, Rusted But Still Untameable

CJH

I worked there this season, and what an amazing year it has been!
I loved working at Towers.

I was on team Wraith :)

I hope to be going back in 2012! Woop!

Great company to work for, amazing people to work with, you will not regret it :)
Chris 21 Manchester
Voke

Good luck Jonathan!
Dan77

[quote=""Jonathan1992""]Hey,

I have an Interview next Tuesday 1.30pm at Magic HQ

Applied for Thrill Ride Op and got phone call few days back.

Does anyone have any tips for the interview/group tasks?

Fingers crossed this time next week my contact will be in the post for 2011 season [-o<

Jonathan[/quote]

Good Luck Jonathan! I've got to go for mine next tuesday but at 9:30am.
Dark Forest Boy

I've got mine Tuesday at 9.30am - but will be going to and from the resort with Jonathan and killing the other half of the day.

I applied for Ride Host :)

Oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Barbara Streisand (:
Mr P

Got Assesment on Tuesday at 1.30 for Ride Host and another on Thursday at 1.30 for Welcome.
Should be fun :)
Jonathan1992

Nice one Guys,

Might see some of you then :)

[quote=""Mr P""]Got Assesment on Tuesday at 1.30 for Ride Host and another on Thursday at 1.30 for Welcome.
Should be fun :)[/quote]

Whats this Welcome business about? #-o
The Rev, Rusted But Still Untameable

Dan77

One question! dose the 14 bus go to Magic HQ?
Zoo Tom

I would like to apply for ride host, but I leave school next year, and aren't 16 until August, do you think they would take me on from August - November. Also do they offer accommodation for 16year olds? :)

Tom :)
Dark Forest Boy

I doubt it Tom; on the basis that, they will probably have staff from throughout the year to cover it. Also, you'd need to be quick on the basis "New Starter" interviews begin tomorrow.

Equally, the Mills are only given to 18+ workers; although it seems that an Under 18 can live alongside an over-18 as long as the flat is named as being rented by the over 18 worker :)

Oooh ooh ooh ooh ooh, Barbara Streisand (:
Hark

[quote=""Dan77""]One question! dose the 14 bus go to Magic HQ?[/quote]

Just ask the Driver, i'm sure they can drop you off there