February Half Term & Pre-season 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
monsterdan5

Could it be? Could our beloved haunted house be making a return?

There definitely up to something... :P
[Archive]

Could our beloved haunted house be making a return?
No. :wink:

By the way, what do you mean by "the window demon"? Which scene/wherabouts is this effect? I have never heard anybody refer to an effect as the "window demon" before, so I'm just wondering.

Yes, it is a fault probably. It would be pointless to have the LEDs switch off for a section of the ride, it should be all or nothing. They know that, so, yes, probably a fault. A nice fault though, by the sounds of it. :P
Bote

Bill, I mean the hooded figure in the arches who moves back and forth, with two yellow targets for eyes.

As Nightfall pointed out, it may of been a fault, as I think they were on Saturday.
[Archive]

Oh right, thanks. That's rather strange, although it happened last year when the last scene's targets kept failing right at the end.
siralgenon

I don't know whether this is an extreme coincidence or they have actually started to listen to us but at the start of this year I sent a list of idea's and improvements to an exec at the resort, now nearly every point on my list has been ticked off!

-Duel more like the Haunted House/looking shabby - Props returning - Corridor led's and new zombies.
-Guest Services re-vamp
-More variety on merchandise-Top Trumps

I know it may just be a coincidence but I think they have actually taken on some of the things I said.? Im just praying for TH13TEEN improvements now!
[Archive]

[quote=""siralgenon""]Duel more like the Haunted House/looking shabby - Props returning - Corridor led's and new zombies.[/quote]There was news that this was going to happen at the end of last year, though. (See here.) This was definitely planned before you sent your letter, so it was probably just a coincidence. However, if your letter was polite, formal, well written and made realistic suggestions, then it could have actually helped a bit with some other things, yes. :)
Last edited by [Archive] on Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
siralgenon

[quote=""electricBlll""][quote=""siralgenon""]Duel more like the Haunted House/looking shabby - Props returning - Corridor led's and new zombies.[/quote]There was news that this was going to happen at the end of last year, though. This was definitely planned before you sent your letter, so it was probably just a coincidence. However, if it was polite, formal and made realistic suggestions, then your letter could have actually helped a bit, yes. :)[/quote]

Yer they were all realistic and everything, without sounding big headed I can tell where things need to be improved and how it could look better so like you said I sent a formal type letter down to the resort so hopefully it helped with these few improvements.

Not everything needs a lot of work to make the guests,fans experience better. I.e the massive amount of resort music that has been released.

I think I should do this some more lol :D
Pennywise

So... is Charlie open for FHT? Because it isn't listed as open on the AT website, but some of the reviews I've read from the event are suggesting that it is...

:?
Chris W

Charlie is open as a replacement for Twirling Toadstools, which isn't open at the moment.
[Archive]

[s:1hun5q8m]Couldn't they have got a decent replacement for a much loved ride?[/s:1hun5q8m]
Big C

Yes, Charlie is open although it wasnt listed anywhere. Reached a 30 minute que! In place of the twirling toadstools which has a minor technical fault.

I am liking the new air shop in place of the vending machines and all of the updates on Duel. Especially the new zombies. :D

It was fun spotting all the mistakes with the lighting fixtures etc.

EDIT: Damn beaten to it! :P
Secret submission lover.
Who doesn't love that comfy piece of chance?

I am a brass band nerd, deal with it!
siralgenon

Does anyone know if Charlie will be open tomorrow? And also what's this about the air shop? :D
DanB

The vending machines in the queue line have been replaced with a shop like Thirteen & the rapids.

Only problem is that its a bit too high!

DiogoJ42

Charlie was open, but it really shouldn't have been. Only one lift was working, and on the boat ride I don't think a single effect / animatronic was working, and most of the lighting was off. :no:
AstroDan

Although it was rubbish as it always is - the Squirrels were working, and I am sure some of the other animatronics were working.

It was opened last minute and I believe will close again as soon as Toadstool is ready to go.
John

Charlie was definitely more rubbish than usual, out of the first 3 rooms the only working effect was the balls-on-strings. I think pretty much everything including and after the main juicing room was working, but the first half of the ride was dire, even by its already low standards.

I feel sorry for the people who queued 45 minutes (or however long it was) for it.
CoasterCrazyChris

[quote=""DanB""]The vending machines in the queue line have been replaced with a shop like Thirteen & the rapids.

Only problem is that its a bit too high!

Image[/quote]

Meh. I think I preferred the vending machines, they were less garish. :|

Nice to see they are doing stuff though.
joshc807

I'm going friday and I'm not sure whether to anymore :?
Theres no new attraction (that doesn't bother me). Also even though they have had more money than other years for maintenance and refreshing things here and there, they seemed to of done less than previous years. Last year had more changes and Th13teen was built then aswell. I'm disapointed with Alton Towers this year :(
Rocket

I am also heading up on friday. What have queues and reliability been like the past few days?
AstroDan

Air has been running with queues up to about 30 minutes, Spinball the same. Everything else has been less than that. Nemesis and Oblivion in particular have been very short.

Charlie was quite long but I believe that it is now closed, as Twirling Toadstool should be back open.