February Half Term & Pre-season 2011

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
siralgenon

Yer but I still can't stand them, never mind shooting them with a blaster id just tear it off and lob it at them :twisted:
Benzin

Regarding Duel...

The hand is now on the mantlepiece but I didn't see it move...

Emily wasn't out...

I didn't see a book...

The finger zombies have new masks and suits...

There are new candelabras in the windows outside...

That's about it for new pieces, tis good...
Blizzard

I going with my family this weekend, realy looking forward to it! Although im realy quite annoyed that the monorail isnt running, or the skyride. I thought they were made to withstand cold conditions wernt they?

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
thefatone

The book is very very much there. It's back on the same old chair - opposite the hand (which is so brightly lit up that everyone looks that way instead of right).

The finger zombies look good - arms are cool, and the faces are a bit freaky.
siralgenon

[quote=""thefatone""]The book is very very much there. It's back on the same old chair - opposite the hand (which is so brightly lit up that everyone looks that way instead of right).

The finger zombies look good - arms are cool, and the faces are a bit freaky.[/quote]

So what do these new zombies actually look like then? And are the zombies in the spider section still the old ones?
[Archive]

It is only the window/"finger" zombies that have been changed. Again. This is they third time now, because the keep falling apart or getting vandalised. Let's hope these will last longer and look better!

I am also very glad to hear that the book effect has also returned! Wow, I love all this!
:D
siralgenon

So do their arms come forward now then or something + havd different faces, im just asking so I know weather to look or not lol :lol: I don't do spiders of zombies so not the best ride for me!
Benzin

They just come forward... Same as always...

They just look better (or worse, since zombie looks can go either way)...
Blizzard

[quote=""electricBlll""]It is only the window/"finger" zombies that have been changed. Again. This is they third time now, because the keep falling apart or getting vandalised. Let's hope these will last longer and look better!

I am also very glad to hear that the book effect has also returned! Wow, I love all this!
:D[/quote]
Whats the book effect? ( I probably sound stupid 8-[ )

Credit To SIMR for the signature & Avatar.
thefatone

Sorry - I dunno whether the effect is working (as i was wandering through quickly - not expecting many changes in queueline). But the book is there, in its original position. Could well be working, but not sure.
siralgenon

I am also very glad to hear that the book effect has also returned! Wow, I love all this![/color] :D[/quote]
Whats the book effect? ( I probably sound stupid 8-[ )[/quote]

It's just a big (weird) book that sits on the green chair in the drawing room and the pages turn.
evil cod

Hand was moving today.
Tom G

How busy was it today, anyone?
NickT04

The theme park was fairly quiet, the car parks and water park were rammed! Some athletics corss country running event was going on on the fields (which now looks just a sea of mud after today) and at 09:45 I was put on Car Park J! The bloody runners kindly left their unwanted shoes randomly dotted around the car parks, and thrown a stack load of mud up my clean car! CHEERS, throw it on your own car you rebrebates!

Spinball had a terminal breakdown at the end of the day. I have my own conspricay theory as to why, but I don't know the full facts so would be unfair to mention it!

The biggest queues I saw on the baords all day were Spinball 35 and Air 5, so if your up for a ride count it's a great time to go.

Also impressed by the work done to Sharkbait Reef! Either I've forgotten a lot but there seems to be a lot of new tanks, fish and work done over the winter :)
Voke

Great day on the Park, extremely quiet with the highest queue-time being 30 minutes. Although I'm guessing the weather put quite alot of people off going to the Theme Park itself, so they went to the Waterpark. Was great to meet everyone!

Here's hoping it's as quiet tommorow!
MinteButtons

Had a great day, the park seemed very busy on entrance but it seemed a lot of people were there for a cross-country event.
It was great meeting everyone I felt quite at home. :)
Most rides were walk on all day which certainly made up for all the rain!
Duel looked great the hand on the mantelpiece was up and twitching, can't comment on the window zombies as I went round with my eyes shut!
Coke

As said above, really quiet, arrived at 10:05am, put in car park next to Golf entrance. Waited 15 mins for car park shuttle due to no monorail, but park was absolutely dead. FV first, 4 rides on Air back row, no queue, then over to Nemesis, where two trains were running, but one empty and only three rows in the other were open, so only got a couple of rides. Saw the TTF lot by Nemesis' photo shop, but didn't stop to introduce myself due to time constraints. Only ride with a queue was Sonic all day!

It was National Cross Country Champs today, which was the event on the grass. I've heard waterpark was quiet too.

Are you thirsty?
Bote

Just to tidy up a few bits:

1) The new zombies are on the giant fingers set. They're a drastic improvement over what we had.

2) The hand is on the mantle piece, and does indeed move, though it sounds as if there's an air leak on it.

3) For some reason today, from Electric Bill through to the window demon the LED targets had been disabled.

4) During the last three scenes it appears something has been done to the speed control, as they slow right down, and the cars either side become visable before it speeds up for the final scene.

5) I don't know if it may be due to the apparent speed changes, but there seems to be a very big gap appearing every now and then between cars. I'm wondering if some are off the circuit, as the staff were constantly boosting through the car length gap.

6) The cross country event has ruined the field :P
Nightfall

[quote=""Bote""]3) For some reason today, from Electric Bill through to the window demon the LED targets had been disabled.[/quote] I'm sure this is just a fault but I wonder... :-k

Wouldn't it be an interesting idea if they decided to keep the ride like this? When ElectricBill pulls his switch it could signify the guns switching off. This would then allow them to recreate the skeleton corridor as it was in the Haunted House days. Once you reach the demon the Lasers spark back to life (with the use of some kind of sound effect) and Dual continues.

There’s never much to shoot at on that stretch and it would be a great bit of juxtaposition.
[align=center]Image[/align]
Jordan

Yesterday, the LEDs were also turned off in the Screaming Room. I was surprised how much emphasis it put on the effects and how disorientating it can be without the LEDs on the wall :)