Personal Ride Experience on Hex

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mr P

I was on-park on tuesday, last ride of the day on Hex, and we got this aswell! Me and my mate (Chip) were "Followed" by the voice, and it was brilliant! In the Vault at the end, the op in there made us sit near the entrance so we couldn't get out quickly, and after the restraints came up the doors locked shut, the lights went out and the "machine" with the strobes on fired up and she told us "The end is soon, you should've behaved yourselves, I was watching you..."
Was a rather epic win!
Blaze

I'm more jealous and bitter than an Everton fan watching Liverpool :P
Stern John

Or a Liverpool fan watching Blackpool?
Off topic but come on! People in glass houses!
Blaze

Why would I be bitter and jealous? Just upset and annoyed, but I wouldn't be bitter and jealous about Blackpool. Just saying.

Anyway, I'm hoping I can get one of these rides, I plan on heading to Hex right at the end, so fingers crossed [-o<
aru

This shows that the park isn't always the corporate standardised fun factory that it often seems - give the staff a break for having a bit of old fashioned fun.
davewazere

[quote=""?V?""][quote=""Blaze""]Oh relax! Jesus Christ, they only played with the lights! As he said, they waited until they were near the exit before playing with the lights, so they would still be able to see. And you can't sue for being traumatised, by entering the park you agree to a contract stating that you believe you are mentally strong enough for anything that may happen on a ride short of restraints undoing etc.

Anyway, this sounds epic, I would love to have that done to me, I am really very jealous![/quote]

Like i said previously, if and that was "if" they had fallen over/tripped and hurt there face then there would be a clear case for damages. When a ride is inspected by the parks health and safety team as well as the insurance companies who insure the park they expect guests to experience a high level of care.

Walking through total darkness when they are not meant to be is not a high level of care and could be classed as being negligent. The lights still should not have been played with. Especially in a place where floors are so un-even indoors! By entering the park you do not agree to that at all. You make a judgement based on the warning signs of the ride.

It really is a big misjudgement of error. And the people who operate the ride will agree to behave in a responsible manner as well as operate as set out by the manual. Flicking lights on and off, I would beleive is not in the manual.

This is therefore misconduct, and any occuring injury (not that I said there were any) could be used as reason for a claim for damages.

Regards

V[/quote]

A theme park is a place for fun and new experiences, we had both that day thanks to the ride ops.

You go to Alton Towers to forget about our silly rules of everyday society not to jump at the first chance to complain and try to get something for nothing. If everyone did complain when something out of the ordinary happens Alton Towers would become very boring.

If that had happened to someone on their first go of hex i highly doubt they would complain. If anything it would get them talking about the ride even more, sharing their experience with other people.

Every little bit adds to the magic that takes you away from normal life just for one day and if that little bit makes the magic last longer then im all for it.

I would hope that other people get to experience what we did
[url=http://"http://ridesims.com/users/875-big-dave/"]Image[/url]
mitch1e

Wow that does sound really epic I would have love something like that to happen to me too.

It would make the Hex ride experience more fantastic than it already is much more personalised, and eerie.

Image THANKS TO JLTON
TibBo

I don't quite understand why you used each others names when talking outside... seems a little formal for a conversation between just two people who are engaged.

How is your cigarette Jack?
Oh it is delightful thank you Sally.

Who actually talks like that? haha.
DiogoJ42

[quote=""TibBo""]Who actually talks like that? haha.[/quote]
Characters in badly scripted TV shows. :P

Back on topic, I was disappointed to find that Hex is just 'bog standard' for Scarefest. :(
Pennywise

Well last year it was only live over the final weekend, so I should expect that this may also be the case this year.

:)
Anonymous

:hwow: :hwow: :hwow: :hwow:

hex live is returning on 30th & 31st october 2010 according to ride staff! (5pm-9pm)

if last year is anything to go by it will be brilliant

Excited or what ! :-D
Blaze

Ah, the weekend I won't be there :cry: WHY!

Howver, it is great to see it returning, although I wish they made it 'official'.
elba777

I was on the last or second to last ride on Friday and even though we did not get extras, it was different because there was only 7 of us on the ride.:!: :D

Cool but scary.