Nemesis Restraints

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Pricey ;)

Just a quicky, i have always remembered nemesis to have one buckle thing on the restraint but on the pictures theres 2 :?

[url=http://www.altontowers.com/m-scarefest/ ... wallpapers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]http://www.altontowers.com/m-scarefest/ ... wallpapers[/url]

the middle one :wink:
Jem8472

The only seats on Nemmy that have two belts are the seats for the larger person.
Anonymous

Nemesis has one "fat seat" it's in row 4 seat 3.
JoshM

Also im not too sure ... but didn't Nemesis have yellow restraints?
tori_swift

[quote=""JoshMillwardTV""]Also im not too sure ... but didn't Nemesis have yellow restraints?[/quote]

They've probably just put a filter on the photograph to make the restraints grey instead of yellow so it seems more "scary." Although the scare factor is ruined by the guy on the end looking dead at the camera :roll:
Dormiens-Dave

Nemesis has always had the same coloured restraint, a slightly off white, That photo is not of nemesis its clearly stock photo of a B&M inverter
daboywunda

The original TV advert shows Nemesis as having yellow restraints because it was stock footage used in the absence of the real ride being ready for filming. Which is why on the advert Nemesis comes in to the station from the wrong direction too.

(This however WAS then later corrected when this advert was created some months later: [url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]) - I'm trying to find the original advert now...

---- Post Info Added ----

OK, so this isn't the actual advert that first aired, but the ride footage came from this film that was created for the marketing... (As featured on TowersNerd)

[url=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;][/url]
Big Dave

Think is with those marketing photos, not only could it be a completely different ride, but they are then edited and edited and re-edited to make it look better. So for all you know it could have been nemesis, but they have added and removed bits to make it look how they wanted it to look.
riderita

The video features ride footage of the Batman ride...
Pricey ;)

[quote=""daboywunda""]The original TV advert shows Nemesis as having yellow restraints because it was stock footage used in the absence of the real ride being ready for filming. Which is why on the advert Nemesis comes in to the station from the wrong direction too.[/quote]

It enters the station the right way doesnt it :!:
daboywunda

on the advert i posted, yeh it does. But on the original version it came in from the right and had yellow restraints. I can't seem to find the original version of the advert that used stock footage from Batman: The Ride (just the video on TowersNerd which is the longer promo video that was once used) - I'm sure I've got it on VHS some-where, but struggling to find it.
rita's girl

[quote=""BrettS""]Nemesis has one "fat seat" it's in row 4 seat 3.[/quote]

FAT SEAT? how nice of you to put that. :clap:

I'm sorry for the sarcasm guys but in the context that seams a little nasty. the seat if for people with larger chest measurements over 51 inches... i know people who have big chest sizes who are not fat
Me x
Bear

^ Yeah I have a right hard time getting my bust under those OSTRs sometimes!
Voke

Fat Seat was abit harsh. Although i have never used one it must be embrassing to not be able to put the restraint/belt on, the stares you get when you walk off the ride are deadly :evil: :shock:
Ritadz

I saw someone on Oblivion not being able to fit in once, poor guy.
Voke

[quote=""Adz123""]I saw someone on Oblivion not being able to fit in once, poor guy.[/quote]

At Alton Tower's its not too bad, you just walk off and pretend nothing happened, all you get is a stare. But at some theme-parks i have seen people get shouted at and made remarks at when they walk off. :evil:
JoshM

Theres a video on Youtube that I sadly stumbled upon, some chavs were taking the micheal out of this guy who was unable to fit on Air, poor guy. I really feel sorry for people who can't fit on rides.
joshc807

I sat on that seat last time i was on Nemesis (i was on the last ride so i had to sit there) and to be honest i did not feel safe at all because the belt itself was massive, if the restraints did lift and the belt had to be used to keep the restraint down, i would of definetley of fell out. :shock:
JoshM

I may be wrong, but I don't think the belt actually does anything, is it just there for show?
Anonymous

[quote=""JoshMillwardTV""]I may be wrong, but I don't think the belt actually does anything, is it just there for show?[/quote]
It's there purely for show and peace of mind for guests, it won't do anything for you. But quite simply, it's impossible for the restraint to fail.

However, they are helpful in the event of an evacuation. You have to get one person out at a time, everyone else must remain in their seats. The belt helps keep the harness down; As when manual releasing nemesis restraints, you can only do them in blocks of rows. So all 4 seats would release when doing so, obviously 3 with the belt in and the other person being able to get out.

Even still, the likely hood of nemesis breaking down to the point of an evacuation is very rare. Nemesis has only been evaced twice this season, that was in the same week due to the power cuts.