Nemesis Restraints

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
fredward

Well it's also a sort of fail safe... It's about 0.000001% this will happen (so pretty much impossible as you've said above!) but in the case the restraints fail it does keep the restraints down I believe thats the main purpose of the belts... But they're obviously not that important to the ride because i'm sure you can un-clip it half way through the ride, (not that i've tried!)
Anonymous

Im pretty sure the video you posted was the first video to air on the TV...I was only 12 or 13 at the time but i remember seeing it being built when i was queueing for thunder looper late in the season 1993. By then they had the lift hill up and some of the track elements in place and i thought they were getting a 'Vampire' kinda ride...

It must have been feb/mar time 94 it was on blue peter and i was REALLY exited about it...i had never seen a rollercoaster so big and powerful...i couldn't wait to go on it...i used to sit and watch TV hoping to catch the advert again...

Its still my favourite now

Love's Nemmy LOTS

Deejay
moog666

[quote=""rita's girl""][quote=""BrettS""]Nemesis has one "fat seat" it's in row 4 seat 3.[/quote]

FAT SEAT? how nice of you to put that. :clap:

I'm sorry for the sarcasm guys but in the context that seams a little nasty. the seat if for people with larger chest measurements over 51 inches... i know people who have big chest sizes who are not fat[/quote]

From this moment after it shall be referred to as the "Boobie seat"

If you must make jokes about Steve Jobs, Try to keep them PC.
Voke

Why have we been misleaded for so long? Its for chest measurements so how can you call it the fat seat?

I've always considered the seat-belt to be there just incase the restraints come undone, but theres a very small chance of this happening, and i doubt it has ever happenend, has it?
Chaz

[quote=""Voke""] i doubt it has ever happenend, has it?[/quote]

No.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Voke

Ah okay, just wondering.
Skumfidus

What people say about the seatbelts is right, they are mainly for show in regards to 'stopping people falling out' as it were.

For restraints to fail it would require an insane amount of force against the mechanism that could shear 3 solid pieces of metal...this amount of force would easily rip the belt or it's connections to the seat/restraint.

But as Brett says it really helps in a number of situations.

Unfortunately it is the one thing that slows down loading and unloading, without them the ride could be loaded and unloaded in half the time!
Chaz

[quote=""Skumfidus""] Unfortunately it is the one thing that slows down loading and unloading, without them the ride could be loaded and unloaded in half the time![/quote]

Like SAW: The Ride :)
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
mitch1e

[quote=""moog666""]

From this moment after it shall be referred to as the "Boobie seat"[/quote]

:lol: That would be an ideal seat for me then as I am not fat but quiet well endowed :D :D
Image THANKS TO JLTON
henry96

Yeah, the seatbelt doesn't do anything. Was there with my girlfriend a while back and she said something like 'Imagine if your seatbelt came off halfway through and you died' just before going on rita, so I undid my seatbelt for the fun of it :lol: She wasn't happy.. :P
Pennywise

[quote=""henry96""]Yeah, the seatbelt doesn't do anything. Was there with my girlfriend a while back and she said something like 'Imagine if your seatbelt came off halfway through and you died' just before going on rita, so I undid my seatbelt for the fun of it :lol: She wasn't happy.. :P[/quote]

Whilst the seatbelt is completely useless, undoing it halfway through the ride is incredibly immature and could get you chucked out of the park.

:)
DiogoJ42

I tend to undo my seatbelt the second the front of the train hits the breaks. I'm just efficient like that. :lol:
[Archive]

How could it get you ejected from the park? :shock:

It is nowhere near that bad. Even queue jumping does not get you ejected from the park. Especially since the seatbelt is useless anyway.
Voke

Queue Jumping should get you Ejected from the park. They always advertise it as if you will :hwiggle:

But I suppose it's just to get people scared?
Anonymous

[quote=""Air Dan""][quote=""henry96""]Yeah, the seatbelt doesn't do anything. Was there with my girlfriend a while back and she said something like 'Imagine if your seatbelt came off halfway through and you died' just before going on rita, so I undid my seatbelt for the fun of it :lol: She wasn't happy.. :P[/quote]

Whilst the seatbelt is completely useless, undoing it halfway through the ride is incredibly immature and could get you chucked out of the park.

:)[/quote]

It won't get you chucked out of the park, staff are generally not fussed if you undo the seat belt whilst going up nemmys lift for example. As for it being un-clipped after the lift CCTV, then theres nothing that can be done; quite simply.

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]I tend to undo my seatbelt the second the front of the train hits the breaks. I'm just efficient like that. :lol:[/quote]
Indeed! Helps throughput a lot, but you do get some people who come in the station and just sit there not knowing how to undo their seat belts. Lol :)
Pennywise

Hmm... not so much at Alton, I suppose, but elsewhere. For example I saw somebody get ejected from the park for undoing their belt on IOA's The Hulk on the lift hill. (Ride got E-stopped, also).
I tend to undo my seatbelt the second the front of the train hits the breaks. I'm just efficient like that. :lol:
Same here. :P
Dannie.Techie.Simone

[quote=""rita's girl""][quote=""BrettS""]Nemesis has one "fat seat" it's in row 4 seat 3.[/quote]

FAT SEAT? how nice of you to put that. :clap:

I'm sorry for the sarcasm guys but in the context that seams a little nasty. the seat if for people with larger chest measurements over 51 inches... i know people who have big chest sizes who are not fat[/quote]

haha yes I agree, I only have a small middle section but I do have a large chest ;) But not as large as 51 inches...yet...its about 48 :S An im only 18 :(
Touché salesman, Touché