True Submission?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Pricey ;)

I was wondering, has submission, or will it ever use both arms? Now ive read loads of topics before about this and never found a true answer :!: , but then i found this..http://old.towerstimes.co.uk/attraction ... on0004.jpg
and i have recently read it will be working this year?
SO CONFUZING! :cry:
JoshM

I actually like riding Submission even though it kills my legs. I really hope they get both of the arms too work soon as I would love to see it.
Tom G

They really need to get rid of this, it's uncomfortable and not exciting in any way. Or but it on the Black Hole tent, that'd make it more exciting.
AltonThorpe

They should just reform X Sector and have a fresh start, keeping Oblivion of course.
England 38-21 New Zealand - 1st December 2012

Twickenham Stadium
Pennywise

[quote=""Pricey ;)""]I was wondering, has submission, or will it ever use both arms?[/quote]

To answer your question, it has used both arms it the past, it never will again. :)
Alex

[quote=""Air Dan""][quote=""Pricey ;)""]I was wondering, has submission, or will it ever use both arms?[/quote]

To answer your question, it has used both arms it the past, it never will again. :)[/quote]

The reason behind it not ever working again, is because it has been used for spares in the working arm. It would of worked this year I believe, due to a change in power in the area, but because of the past few years it has been down, the techies have been using it for spares ;]

Hope that helps ;]
Pricey ;)

:clap: do like the idea of submission in the black hole tent that would be ace with lights and smoke machines, and im sure alton towers could persuade huss to build a more compact version of a jump 2? Then it could fit in the tent right? longshot but could work (maybe) :roll:
Blaze

Why do people want the second arm working? That means twice as many people will be killed and maimed :lol:
Pricey ;)

[quote=""Blaze""]Why do people want the second arm working? That means twice as many people will be killed and maimed :lol:[/quote]
Because it just looks like a crappy broken fair ride when it could look like a propper alton ride!
PeteB

Submission - once maybe a cool looking ride due to its two arms, but now its a pile of junk and no one even looks at it.

I find X Sector far too much of an effort these days. It's a long walk for nothing, well, a ride on Oblivion at least. But yeah a long walk, theres no transport to the area or any decent short cuts. Actually its my least favourite area of the park.

The area is badly neglected, dirty, has no decent game stalls or indoor units, submission is in a right state and you can never get anyone to go on with you cos no one likes it, black hole has gone, and then theres enterprise - but the queue is never worth it for the 10 second ride.

I'd really love to know how it all ended up so neglected.
Tom G

They need to put something in the tent! Enclosed rides are amazing.
Jordan

[quote=""PeteB""]The area is badly neglected, dirty, has no decent game stalls or indoor units, submission is in a right state and you can never get anyone to go on with you cos no one likes it, black hole has gone, and then theres enterprise - but the queue is never worth it for the 10 second ride.

I'd really love to know how it all ended up so neglected.[/quote]

This is just speculation, but since it is at the end of the park which is closest to the village, might getting planning to build new rides or new buildings be significantly harder than it already is around the park?
bushboy2

I always thought that enterprise should have been replaced with a Top Scan. Would work perfectly swooping over Oblivion's fan turn.

Submission should never have even come to the park. The ride it replaced was far superior in everyway. Towers need to buy another Mondial Supernova!
Blaze

Looking at Google Earth, Dark Forest is closest to the village, X-Sector just has a couple of B&Bs and maybe a farm or two near, so planning permission shouldn't be too hard as long as they don't extend out of Oblivion's footprint.
Bote

[quote=""Pricey ;)""] Because it just looks like a crappy broken fair ride when it could look like...[/quote]
A crappy working fair ride :P

Submission has always been very poor in my eyes. The experience is hell and it doesn't pull the crowds that well in my opinion. Thinking about it though if it goes now it'll more than likely be scrapped as I can't see anyone buying it then spending money giving it an overhaul, which means it's had a very short life.

Look at Enterprise, Blade, and Ripsaw. They are old but still do ok I guess. I've been trying to work out why Submision hasn't worn well . Could it be the fact that it arrived in Tussauds decline? Or that it was one of (if not the) last ride produced by Chance (pre Chance Morgan)? Either way it's definatly not lasted well.

I heard somewhere that the issue with the other arm was to do with the fact that the braking system wasn't sufficient enough to halt both arms anymore, though I don't know how much truth there is to that. But I mean how long has it been on one arm now? Merkin really need to ditch it ASAP. It's not good for the parks image.

P.S. I like the Huss Jump idea :D
John

There have been loads of rumours as to why the other arm never operates - running costs, reliability, power supply issues, unpopularity, staff budget and use as a parts donor all come to mind.

It's an absolute joke of a ride, especially when you consider that Pandemonium at DMP is a similar but much better ride and has nearly triple the capacity.
Voke

I visited the park on the 18th September and while i was in X-Sector i noticed something rather unusual. Submissions first arm was closed off, but the strange thing was that the 2nd arm was in operation.

What do you think has happened?
Last edited by Voke on Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshM

Well at least we know its not broke... :lol:
Voke

Yeah, we know that the secound one isn't. But you forgot the first :)
djtruefitt

That does seem strange, everytime I have been to Alton recently the arm at the front (if you face the ride) has always been used with the arm at the back (closest to Oblivion breaks) has always been closed, with most people saying (including on this thread) that it doesnt work or that parts have been taken for the arm that works. But if its now being used then maybe it has always worked?