True Submission?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Voke

I don't mind a quick ride on Submission if there isn't a big queue, its nice to boost your ride count. But Submission DOES hurt.
Ride In To Alton

[quoteIt may not be "fun", but it's hardly painful. Like I keep saying, go ride Stargate ][/quote] I must agree with you as i went on stargate during Boston mayfair and it was a killer. Submission is nothing like that at worst slightly unpleasent in comparison. the problem with submission is it is boring.
JoshM

I don't mind Submission it hurts, but I think it is quite a good ride even though its quite boring. I've been on rides that are a lot more painful (cough g-force cough) but like Voke said if the line is short its a good ride to boost you're ride count.
TibBo

[quote=""Mitch""] the ride is an awful contraption, probably the worst ride I've ever had the misfortune to ride. [/quote]

You've obviously never been in a Fiat Punto :lol:
Mitch

[quote=""TibBo""][quote=""Mitch""] the ride is an awful contraption, probably the worst ride I've ever had the misfortune to ride. [/quote]

You've obviously never been in a Fiat Punto :lol:[/quote]

LOL! I drive one! :P
Pricey ;)

Okay i went to alton towers yesterday, went on submission, the side closest to oblivion? THEEEN heres the best bit, it broken downl when we got to the front, so instead of using the other arm we waited for like half an hour for a 2 minute ride! There was nothing wrong with the other arm at all! teribble ride!
Voke

[quote=""Pricey ;)""]Okay i went to alton towers yesterday, went on submission, the side closest to oblivion? THEEEN heres the best bit, it broken downl when we got to the front, so instead of using the other arm we waited for like half an hour for a 2 minute ride! There was nothing wrong with the other arm at all! teribble ride![/quote]

How do you know there was nothing wrong with the other arm? Did you see it running?
Pricey ;)

[quote=""Voke""][quote=""Pricey ;)""]Okay i went to alton towers yesterday, went on submission, the side closest to oblivion? THEEEN heres the best bit, it broken downl when we got to the front, so instead of using the other arm we waited for like half an hour for a 2 minute ride! There was nothing wrong with the other arm at all! teribble ride![/quote]

How do you know there was nothing wrong with the other arm? Did you see it running?[/quote]
No but apparently it was later in the day.
Voke

Oh okay, just wondered if the first arm had broke as they have switched to the 2nd arm recently.
dominoes

i'm going to alton towers in about a week, so any advice on what to do when i ride it. and don't just say "don't ride it"
DiogoJ42

People give Submission a bad press. But it doesn't hurt, like some would have you believe. The trouble with it is that it's just not fun. You sit there, you get slowly tipped upside down a few times, then you get off. There is no excitement to be had.
By all means go on it if you've not done it before, but don't queue for it. It's not worth waiting more than a ride cycle for. And don't expect an adrenalin filled ride... just a head rush! :P