True Submission?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
DiogoJ42

Maybe Alton turned the whole ride 180' overnight...
...just to confuse us :P
fredward

[quote=""DiogoJ42""]Maybe Alton turned the whole ride 180' overnight...
...just to confuse us :P[/quote]

It can't be otherwise we would see some Morwenna marketing!

It is very strange...

Probably the've fixed that arm (after god knows how long!) and they decided they didn't need two arms running due to quite queues...

Or simple irony they fix one arm and the other one brakes straight after!
SEALIFE

Unless there using the other arm because there doing maintance on the one used most? I remmember on my last visit that the arm they use all the time was juddering quite abit when I was on it :?
Blaze

The one time I was stupid enough to go on it I was on that side I think, but I always thought it had broken since, so I guess not, maybe they just use one arm, and rotate which one they use for maintainance or whatever.
daboywunda

well, if i were to be starting a rumour, I'd be suggesting that they are testing the other arm ready for opening both arms at the same time... Especially as the park is a lot busier then usual at the moment ;)
[Archive]

They usually switch arms after a while, it has happened before. :)
Voke

But it looks like that both arms are working well, and if they do switch from arm to arm occasionely why don't they just use both. By the looks of it there both fully operational #-o
Islander

[quote=""Voke""]But it looks like that both arms are working well, and if they do switch from arm to arm occasionely why don't they just use both. By the looks of it there both fully operational #-o[/quote]
The fact that they are both operational does not equate to them being able to use both at the same time. One very simple possibility is that the circuit on which Submission sits cannot cope with the current drawn by both sides running (to be clear, that's just idle speculation, nothing more). It could alternatively be something more complicated.

Either way, your logic is flawed.
Voke

I don't think my plan is too flawed. If they built the attractin with 2 arms, why do they only use one at a time. I don't think they made it just so that they could use the other one for repairs.
Bote

I think that Islander is trying to say that it's not a case that Alton won't let it run on both arms. It's more a case that it can't. Remember, things wear out a deteriorate as they get older.
Kendalgal

I went last week, 15th-17th September, all 3 days spent in the park and on the Wednesday they were cleaning both arms inside and out. Then the staff got to have a go on the front arm. My oldest daughter was on Enterprise at the time so i was watching and all their keys fell out lol. Ching ching ching is all you could hear! When she came off Enterprise and ran round for another go the staff went on the back arm. They came off scratched their heads and BOTH arms were set off with no-one in it. Thursday they were cleaning and working on it again and Friday they opened just the back arm for guests. What put me off...a girl came off hysterical and shaking, white as a ghost, saying a screw fell out (from where who knows) and she thought she was going to die lol! Bit dramatic but eeeeekkkk, i can see why she freaked as i would.

Needless to say it was nice to Submission working, especially with BOTH arms going round een though it was only one cycle.
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)
TibBo

I think Submission is pretty intense for a small ride like what you would find down your local 'Pikey' fair. Admittedly the screws/parts falling off, and clanging of coins/phones/keys dropping out of pockets helps to add to the intensity, but I think it is the only ride at Alton Towers that I feel remotely unsafe riding... I guess that adds to the fun though?
Kendalgal

Yep, i agree. It hurts my nose though, makes it feel like it's swelling, so my Submission riding days are well and truly over.
Mum to Hollie (9) & Madison (5)
Voke

I must agree that the upside down part of the sequence, does give you a blood-rush. But either way its an awesome ride :D
Mitch

[quote=""Voke""]I must agree that the upside down part of the sequence, does give you a blood-rush. But either way its an awesome ride :D[/quote]

You must be the only person I know that enjoys the ride. :P

Have to say I heavily disagree there, the ride is an awful contraption, probably the worst ride I've ever had the misfortune to ride. Saying that, you have a very valid opinion, it's just a shame that some members here are childish enough to click the negative rep button because they strongly disagree. :roll:
DiogoJ42

There are so many worse rides than Submission. It may not be "fun", but it's hardly painful. Like I keep saying, go ride Stargate (it will be at Goose this year) then talk to me about pain.
Blaze

[quote=""Mitch""]Have to say I heavily disagree there, the ride is an awful contraption, probably the worst ride I've ever had the misfortune to ride.[/quote]
Excalibur II. I think I've Top Trump'ed you there :P It's even worse :x
Mitch

[quote=""Blaze""][quote=""Mitch""]Have to say I heavily disagree there, the ride is an awful contraption, probably the worst ride I've ever had the misfortune to ride.[/quote]
Excalibur II. I think I've Top Trump'ed you there :P It's even worse :x[/quote]

I've been on Circulator which used to be at Flamingoland which is essentially the same thing. Submission was far worse... Circulator was just dull and had a stupidly long cycle.

:wink:
Blaze

I think I'd disagree, although it's been much longer since I went on Submision, so maybe I've started getting over Submision, while Excalibur II is still relatively fresh :P
Mitch

I last went on both rides 3 years ago... and I've been back to Alton three times since then... and Submission's pretty much been walk-on each time I've been.

Submission is very much loved. :lol: