Where abouts do you like to sit on rides?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ritadz

Air: Row 7, becasue it's more forceful

Nemesis: Row 1, the far left hand side seat

Oblivion: Row 1, either seat 1 or 8

13: Row 1

Rita: Row 1, left side so it's easer to get out of, and my epic Rita face isn't as visible on the ORP.

RMT: Back Row

Blade: Back row

Ripsaw: Stood watching (i hate Topspins with a passion)
Blaze

Nemesis: Front, right seat

Air: Front, middle, normally left

Oblivion: Front, edge

Thirteen: Front, right, qill go for back next time

Rita: Front, normally right

RMT: Not fussed, back if poss

Blade: Back, queue side (other side is weak and feable for some reason)

Submission: Far away from that thing as possible

Ripsaw: Anywhere

Hex: Front bench, right side
Mitch

I'm not really fussed about where I sit on many of the rides to be honest as I haven't done them enough to know which are the best seats. However, I do much prefer a front row view of Oblivion purely for the better view. I haven't done front row Rita yet, but judging by the difference between front row Stealth and any-other-row Stealth I'm sure it would be a bit better actually!
Bear

Nemesis - Front or back, right hand side.

Air - Back, left hand side.

Rita - 4th or 5th car.

RMT - Back, left hand side.

Oblivion - Back, right hand side.
Blaze

[quote=""Mitch""]I'm not really fussed about where I sit on many of the rides to be honest as I haven't done them enough to know which are the best seats. However, I do much prefer a front row view of Oblivion purely for the better view. I haven't done front row Rita yet, but judging by the difference between front row Stealth and any-other-row Stealth I'm sure it would be a bit better actually![/quote]
Rita is a million times better at the front, and if you try Nemesis front right, I bet you'd like it :yes:
Ritadz

[quote=""Blaze""]and if you try Nemesis front right, I bet you'd like it :yes:[/quote]

I find the left to be more intense personally, or is that just me?
DiogoJ42

General rule of thumb: front row or back row on any coaster at alton will do me fine. Oblivion is the exception, where it really has to be the front. It's just a shame its the only one where you don't get a choice. :roll:
James6

Nemesis: Has to be front right

Air: Front, anywhere

Rita: Front

Th13teen: Back, by far :) One of the few rides where IMO the front is the worst (whilst still being awesome :P.)

Oblivion: Front

Flume: At the back, behind as many people crammed in front of me as possible :lol:

Battle Galleons and Submission: As far away as possible

Spinball: Definitely the back, makes the BIGGEST difference of any ride evah :)
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
JoshM

Nemesis: Front by far :D

Air: Front

Rita: Front

Th13teen: You get loads of air-time at the back so it has to be the back :)

Oblivion: Front

Flume: Front

I like the front on most rides ;)
Jem8472

I am not to bothered where I sit. Front of Nemmy is good. But also the back is brilliant!

I have not done the front of Air but hopefully I will get a chance in September if the park will be a quiet as I hope it will be :mrgreen:

Oblivion is better at the front by far, can be hard to get on the front but always try my best :D

But I agree always has to be the back for spinball. :lol:
MinteButtons

Nemesis: Back or middle

Air: Towards the back

Oblivion: On the ground watching

Flume: At the front, hidden under a pac-a-mac

RMT : Anywhere

Blade: As far away as possible (I hate swinging ships)
Luce

Nemesis - Mainly back row far left seat as that's my favourite but front is also good :D

Oblivion - Don't really mind but I have a soft spot for the edge seats :)

Other rides I'm not too worried although I often have a Duel car to myself which I like :D
Elliot

Air - Back
Oblivion - Front on the edge
TH13TEEN - Back
Nemesis - Back seat nearest the exit
Rita - Front
Liam.W

I've heard Nemesis back row on the right is the most intense. Is this true? And what is the most intense seat on nemesis if it isn't that?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Morgan

Try back right. You won't regret it ;)
Stan.H

Nemesis- Front right or Back right
Air- Front row anywhere or back right
RMT- Back Row
Duel- Front Right
Ripsaw- Middle Back
Blade Back (Right hand side)
The Flume-MIddle
Rita-Front
Th13teen- Back or Front
Oblivion- Back Left
Sonic Spinball - Back Left
The Smiler- Back right
Dom

ANYWHERE! :lol
NemesisRider

I have a few rules which I generally use.

With multicar B&Ms such as Nemesis, Air, Tatsu, Raging Bull and etc, I think the back row and the front row provide the best experience. There are certain ones where the back row is superior (Nemesis and Tatsu) and others where the front row is superior (X-Flight, Air). Also, the edge seats are better, especially on terrain interacting rides like Nemesis and Air.

With launch coasters, I think the front is definitely best as it is smoother (case and point Rita), with the exception of Full Throttle because of the extra airtime back row provides.

Any airtime machine rides are generally better on the back row, after all you may as well ride where you will get most.

With rougher coasters such as The Manhattan Express as an extreme and something like X2 which isn't as bad, I find the closer to the front the better.
Morgan

Nemesis- Either front left or back right
Air- Front row
Oblivion- don't mind
Rita- Front
Th13teen- only done back
RMT- back

Hex- front, left door
Duel- front for effects, back for being thrown about
xylyx

Nemesis -front for the view and back for the sheer intensity (personally the back row trumps it but I do love that view.)

Oblivion - I'm tied to the big boy seat so don't really get many options, but would love to do the edge seats.

Rita - never done front seat but hoping to in a couple of weeks, otherwise I don't mind where :)

Spinball - I love the weight to be seriously unbalanced so you have no idea how the spin will take you and the ride becomes something else so I'll see if I can sit behind two skinny peeps.

Air - again kinda tied to the bigger seats but I have done front, though not really noticed much difference as I tend to look down and slightly ahead so it's effectively all front row.

13 - the best seat is as far back as you can go, that pull over the lift hill is fantastic and you almost mitigate the effects of the trims :D

Blade can only be done in the back row otherwise there's no point lol.

Smiler -the numerous times I rode I generally ended up in the front seat, which was a great experience, however I've been curious about the back row, does that add anything to it?

Hex back row tend to go to the left but either is fine.