Front seat queues

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
john wardley no.1

I wish we could have front seat queues at the entrance to the ride rather than right near the end i find it so irratating thinking all i want is the front seats not anywhere else i wish there was a seperate line so i wouldent have to queue for the rest of the train id rather know im not going to get queue jumped by fastrackers taking the front seat row.
Last edited by john wardley no.1 on Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheOneWho

So you want to add another queue line? Who are these 'novices' and what are they not appreciating?
john wardley no.1

i mean those people who dont even realise there in the fron seat queue and they will never understand unless they become a real ride enthusist what it means to be on the front of say Nemesis. Plus i do mean adding another queue e.g at the moment its main queue, fastrack, single riders and i would love front seat queue so you dont have to wait the queue for all the other seats just the front seats so people dont get a chance in the main queue to hum and ha about weather or not
Maddie

with some rides the front row doesent offer anything better than any other row, and most believe the back row is better than any! as for 'novices' some may be more experienced than you, and just want to decide wether its worth waiting. and as for the seperate queue ... your waiting longer in the front row queue anyway, so why would it make a difference? the front row queues are never merging into the main queue, and if a new line was to be made, you would really be waiting hours for it.
TheOneWho

So only 'enthusiasts' can ride the front row? How is that even judged? I wouldn't call myself an enthusiast (by a long, long way!), but I prefer the back row on Nemesis. What does it mean to be on the front row of Nemesis? Why shouldn't you wait in the main queue? No one likes queue-jumpers, and even Fast Track tickets cause a bit of controversy on here.

I'm sorry, but I think that is an awful idea.
[Archive]

How many queues do you want? There is absolutely no need for the front row to start at the entrance. Everybody should wait the same amount as everybody else.

[quote=""john wardley no.1(Translated)""]I find it so irratating, thinking I've got to queue all this just for me to join that queue right at the front, when these novices will not apprciate it.[/quote][quote=""john wardley no.1(Translated)""]...They will never understand, unless they become a real ride enthusist, what it means to be on the front of, say, Nemesis...[/quote]Are you saying you would rather not be near the peasant-like novices simply because they are not 'enthusiasts' like you? You will wait like everybody else. If you want to join the front row queue then you will.

John

It would make absolutely no difference to the queue time. Anyone who realises the front row queue is shorter than the main queue will join it instead, even if they don't really care about riding at the front.

The front row queues on Nemesis, Air and Rita prove people are willing to wait longer for the front. That won't change just because you've moved the entrance.
A5H

The fact there are signs where the front row seats queue begin is quite a big give away to be fair :? :P
BigAl

The rides are for everyone to enjoy, not just 'enthusiasts'. You can't start saying other people don't deserve to go on the rides because they don't 'appreciate' them, as they have every right to do so. The general public aren't 'novices' just because they don't rave about theme parks and rides. You've used 'we' like everyone on here agrees and wants to put a stop to 'theme park noobs' and 'non-enthusiast' enjoying themselves. How would Alton Towers explain to the GP that they want to start separating people depending on whether they 'appreciate' the rides. PR NIGHTMARE ALERT!

Having another queue would waste space and use money which could go towards something else. If you don't like queueing, buy fastrack tickets. Simple!
!

... and welcome to the Towers Times forum.
john wardley no.1

what im getting at is i dont want to join the main queue for that hour when i know all i want is the front seat queue so i get annoyed that iv got to wait in the main queue when i could be waiting in a seperate queue knowing there is going to be no fastrackers cutting in front of me and taking the front seats when i have been waiting the 'main queue' and i wrote it wrong when i ment novices i ment all the people (being English) follow each other into the front seat queue and then the front in an hour i get irrateted when im right behined these people who dont realise there in the front seat queue thats all i dont mean only ride enthusised people i cant get my point across in the right words
Oblivion_

The queue would be just as long either way.
Confirmed \'09:

Alton Towers, April 7th
Thorpe Park, Summer
Alton Towers, Scarefest

Unconfirmed \'09:

Wicksteed Park (D:)
Chessington, WoA
MissMoz

I really don't believe this.
Just because you don't know who "John Wardley" is and you don't understand the magnifecence of the front seat, it doesn't make you a "novice".
Get a grip!
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Everyday Is Silent Without Corky

FOR SOME THINGS THERE IS NO RATIONAL EXPLANATION.
TheOneWho

I've never seen people 'follow each other' in to the front row queue. It is clearly sign posted as being the front row queue. Yes, some groups do try to get the front row together, but that's completely different to the entire queue going down that path.

No one likes queueing! Being 'an enthusiast' doesn't give you a right to skip in front of everyone else.
BigAl

It's quite fair that people with fastrack tickets get to cut in front as they've had to pay more money to do so. They aren't going to just put them in with everyone else at the start of the queue as there'd be absolutely no point in them. People join the front queue because they want a better view, not because they see people queueing so they may as well join it too! I prefer the back seats anyway as they provide a much more intense ride experience. The front is okay a couple of times but it's never worth a long wait when you can get on much quicker and get a better ride at the back. But that's just me.

You're new so I'm not going to give you a negative point but please try and avoid posting controversial comments in the future as you'll only receive negative feedback. People on this forum want newcomers to feel welcome but it isn't easy when you post things like this.
John

Thinking about it, if separate front row queues became a reality at Alton I would not be in the least bit surprised to see front row fastrack being sold as with Stealth at Thorpe.

The current system works absolutely fine, you have the option of waiting a little longer to ride at the front if you want to. Fastrack holders also have this option but crucially they still have to join the front row queue like everyone else. It could be much worse, the fastrack entrance on Black Mamba merges with the front row queue only.
air_head

Surely it's doing you a favour by having the split point toward the end of the queue? So that say on Rita 18 people are moving per car instead of the 2 in the Front Seat Queue. You're getting there quicker than you would be if the FSQ was at the main entrance.

Sorry, I think it's a bad idea. End of. You wanna ride at the front, that's cool, lots of people do. You just have to wait until the split point.
djtruefitt

Most of the time I dont care if im at the front or not (although I do enjoy Air at the front), I tend to just look at the front row que and you can easily work out how long you will wait, eg if there are only 8 people in the que you will only have to wait for the 3rd train to come along.

One ront row que I find really badly designed is the Th13teen one, as you stop before the enterance to the que then a member of staff sends you to a place on the train which may be at the front anyway.
Bear

I personally aren't arsed about sitting in front, if anything I rush to the back of the train!

Why isn't there a 'back row' queue?
Furius Baco

I think some queues need extending for the front seat such as Rita i have seen that queue many times be far out from the bottom so maybe nearer to the fastrack join so people dont get muddled what queue they are waiting for but not at the entrance to the ride!
danny13

I see where the OP is coming from but I don't think it would work/be fair. The point of front row seats to me are that they are a privilege and something you need to queue longer for otherwise a lot of us would want them. On coasters like Rita though maybe if they had the space they should extend the queue to give people a slightly smaller waiting time because that queue is ridiculous :evil: