You Know You're Addicted to Alton Towers (And TTF) When

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemmyJunkie

Big Dave wrote: Yeah I know its Oblivions, but air is 10 on Friday. Nice milestone for any ride
Oh my gosh that's gone quick and to be honest doesn't look in bad condition - just wish I could say the same about the breaking down situation..
Poison Tom 96

When you are used for any knowledge needed on AT
DanteNero666

When hearing that Alton towers opening times are (for the most part) back to normal is the best news you will hear all year!
Give me a coaster handshake!
Stelios7
Location: Somewhere near Disney Land Stafford. I mean... err... Derbyshire.

When you name your TTF Fantasy Premier League Team Katanga FC!
Officially, TTF's Only EasyJet founder.
JaykeAT

when during re you have to make A rap to praise something and yours is filled with words to do with rollercoasters
Poison Tom 96

When your on TTF whilst doing history after school
Boz

when you're fiancée leaves you and, instead of pondering going to thorpe to cheer you up (which would be only 20 min drive), you decide the 400 mile round trip to alton would much better
Stelios7

When your iTunes libary consists of Alton songs, the John Wardley song, IHOTMK, and various other Merlin music... and that only.
lagolfer09

You decide to update your Altom Towers Annual Passes for another year, for yourself and Fiancee rather then buying a new telescope
Dingerbell

When your on a forum where there are 59 pages of posts on why people love AT.
Child 'O' Nemmy

When you make sure you behave and bring in homework every day, cos school have a rewards trip to Alton towers...
Blaze

I saw someone wearing an Oblivion hoody. I don't know who they are, but I decided I wanted to be their friend.

Oh dear.
Rowe

Blaze wrote: I saw someone wearing an Oblivion hoody. I don't know who they are, but I decided I wanted to be their friend.

Oh dear.
Natalie Tran speaks perfectly well about inner geekiness, strangers wearing clothes relating to that geekiness and wanting to be that stranger's friend here.

"Be my friend!"
NemmyJunkie

When you really want to live at the postcode 'SW7' :D
The Psychoaster

Blaze wrote: I saw someone wearing an Oblivion hoody. I don't know who they are, but I decided I wanted to be their friend.

Oh dear.
I've always secretly hoped that some enthusiast would recognise my brown Oblivion hoody. Not happened yet though, will be a great day when someone does! The enthusiast community must be underground by the number of times I've worn it with no comment.  ;)
Blaze

I doubt they were. Probably just bought it because they needed to buy something warm on the day.
Stelios7

Overusing the word “ultimate” in my English essay.
Poison Tom 96

When you are on TTF on the tram :D

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk
formula1fan

For the past couple of days, I've been in some rather boring employability stuff at uni. Yesterday (Wednesday), we had to do group presentations, and one group chose to build a theme park from scratch near Newquay, with the aim of it becoming the biggest theme park in the UK by 2025. I brought up Alton Towers when there was a period of time for questions, stating that their plans were way too ambitious. Towers took 16 years or so to become a 'resort' from opening in 1980 to when ATH opened in 1996 (correct me if I'm wrong), and there was a site ready. With their concept, it was theoretically 13 years from selecting a site, getting permissions and the start of construction to being bigger than Towers. I just thought 'No, this isn't possible at all', and I felt that I needed to say something. :P Also, their pricing structure was frankly ridiculous - £60 for an adult! As odd as it sounds, it felt good to put my theme park knowledge to good use.

Also, their concept of the park was very similar to that of Europa-Park. ;) I was going to pick up on this, but another student did before I got the chance, which surprised me somewhat (I don't know why), but it honestly made me smile.

I'm aware that this is a departure from the normal style of posts in this topic, but it's still relevant, in that the information I used was what I've learnt thanks to TTF. :)
Stelios7

When you relate to this video: