Runaway Mine Train: Rubbish Carts on show.

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
AstroDan

Anyone else hate how on the RMT's helix before the tunnel, as you look left all you can see are rubbish carts, and litter all over the place and on the floor? I really think they should move them because it creates a bad impression.

Riding on Twirling Toadstool is similar - you can see loads of rubbish behind the scenes!

:(
cmpunk771

I agree, I hate seeing behind the scenes, Ruins the magic :(
DiogoJ42

I know what your saying, but it depends what you see. Bins and litter are bad, yes. But when you get to see 'back stage' I get quite excited. The first lift on Dragon River is a good example, seeing all the bits of old rides is cool to a nerd like me :lol:

Ever tried looking over the fence by the Gloomy Wood toilets?
Mick

^ What's in there?
There\'s plenty of room at the bottom!
Gloomy Dude

[quote=""Mick""]
^ What's in there?
[/quote]

Old rapids boat, old Swan Boat I think, and a big ol' Ribena Berry.

I'm not sure if it'll still be there, but in March, when in the Sky Ride over the Dark Forest, you could see some of the old Ug Land building façades behind the main row of games/buildings etc.
For some things there is no rational explanation. There is no way out. There is no happy ending to this story. Welcome to the unknown. Welcome to eternal darkness.

Welcome to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The Ride
James6

There was definitely the big ol' berry when I was last there :D
If you go down to the Towers today, you\'d better ride Th13teen. :P
Groovee

I noticed the rubbish bins as well. Disney have a rubbish chute which goes under the magic kingdom and it means there's nothing like that, but it would mean AT having to then start digging underground.
Louise
Wes

You used to be able to clearly see into the area behind duel, I remeber having a rant about it last year.

Took a walk along the route from the hotels to the entrance a few weeks back and there is a big wooden fence blocking all views!

:clap:
daboywunda

lol, if you think that's bad... try going to Drayton Manor...

'nuff said
Macca79

I have driven passed Drayton every year on the way to the Towers and i say to myself every year ill hit there on the way home but sadly it never happens.
What do you people think of it? is it worth a look. what i like about the Towers is the atmos and the hotels even more than the rides.
thank you in advance.